Zero-alcohol beers to be taxed in 2020

webfact

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

They are fast running out of things to tax to bring in more money for the trough. May I suggest a window tax the same as was introduced in England in 1696......

Just introduced property taxes..

Thailand is going to turn into a <deleted> show after that. The effect will be huge as it will touch everyone and everything. Prices will go up and spending power/value will go down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

What's root beer?

It is a drink you can imbibe in while having sex............:sorry:

Root beer is a sweet North American beverage traditionally made using the root bark of the sassafras tree Sassafras albidum or the vine of Smilax ornata (sarsaparilla) as the primary flavor.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

The bad taste on that rubbish will certainly kill quicker than alcolhol. It should be labelled with a 125% tax.

No bad taste at all.

Useful for those of us who can't drink alcohol or don't wish to. I can spend a couple of hours in a bar drinking Heineken 0.0, better than water, coffee coke or whatever.

Also useful for those who like to make sneering posts.

Edited by rott
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

in an effort to prevent new drinkers. According to the Public Health Ministry, consumers regard the no

So than also tax Coke, Pepsi to prevent new drinkers of Cuba Libre...

Add some SangSom and you'll have a Thai Cuba Libre.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The director claimed that the tax rate will not affect the retail price since the 0-per-cent alcohol beers are being sold for almost the same price as ordinary beers but without the high taxes.

So profit will go down? Doubt it. What we're likey to see is a price increase which may see 0% more expensive than beer. Logic is screaming at me NO POSSIBLE WAY, reality is screaming at me THIS IS THAILAND.

6 hours ago, madmitch said:

For the first time the other day in a Tesco Express I saw non-alcoholic Heineken in the soft drinks section, thereby enabling it to be pruchased outside the designated booze selling times.

Not the case in Udon recently. NOT able to purchase during those 3 ridiculous afternoon hours. :post-4641-1156693976: