Christianity Today again slams Trump, raises issue of 'unconditional loyalty'

webfact

27 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

With the exception of true Buddhism (which is a philosophy not a religion as they have no God) I will bash any religion, one is more ridiculous than the other, still whatever rocks your boat although it would appear religions are merely a social component as true believers are few and far between as education in the world increases but one has to go through the motions, marry in church and go for a service at christmas and that was it, churches almost empty the rest of the year.

So do you believe that politicians that identify as Christians or any faith are either stupid or just lying to get votes? 

Of course they could be both.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm pretty sure that the Bible has something to say about Christians interfering in things temporal.

Give unto Rome and all that.

Becoming political is not the road for a Christian publication to go down.

Agreed. Then in that case, they shouldn't have got involved with him in the first place.

It always did look like strange bedfellows to me.

If Trump is a good Christian, that makes me a Saint (555, me a Saint).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I grew up with so called Christian values. And somehow in my experience from that time most so called Christians ignore many of their own rules. But then they obviously pray for this and that and forgiveness. And they pray for those lost souls who somehow don't listen to god.....

It seems in the USA Christianity is a lot stronger. I.e. more than half of the population of that country think god created the world sometime in the last 10,000 years. We believe in god and ignore science. Yeah, great.

I think it's amazing that most of those US Christians think Trump is a great president. Even I, with very little knowledge of the Bible, would be able to find lots of passages why they should fight Trump and not support him.

But I guess that would be logic and logic does not work with people who believe.

It's good that at least a few of those believers finally wake up and don't support Trump anymore.

P.S.: And this is not about any alternative. Americans could vote anybody to be their president. But somehow 62 million Americans think Trump is the most qualified. Oh god, please help us!

They have the choice who voting for someone that shares their ideology and sometimes says and does vulgar things they do not approve or voting for someone that despises their ideology, says and does things things they do not approve of and holds them up as fools. 

Tough choice that. 

Giving it some thought. “Christianity Today” might actually be running a covert “get out the vote” campaign.

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

Fortunately, I think it a good bet that most evangelicals care more about post-birth abortion, being called racist, being called deplorable, being called stupid and their daughters being compelled to share bathrooms and locker-rooms with women that have penises than they do about Trump talking crudely, attacking the media and trying to get Ukraine to investigate the Bidens. 

We’ll see. 

Another example of projecting your own mindset on to others.

• Like 1