Condemnation after men dress as Nazis at Bangkok mall festive event

webfact

4 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

Should lock them up in a Concentration Camp, ... and then see how funny that they think that is ! ...

Pol Pot was born in the wrong country. Perhaps if he wiped out 1/3 of the Thais they wouldn’t take things so lightly. But they don’t know who he is either and his atrocities happened next door.

What do you expect ?....  Years ago i was laid in bed with one of my "University educated" sex kittens when on the tele came the face of uncle Adolf, i asked her who he was ?  she stared at the face on the tele for a while then stated that she'd seen him in soi 7 !  .......  Anyway intelligent conversation over, get back on the job darling...........  Moral of the story ........ "Know where you are, and know what you're dealing with"..........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dcnx said:

Pol Pot was born in the wrong country. Perhaps if he wiped out 1/3 of the Thais they wouldn’t take things so lightly. But they don’t know who he is either and his atrocities happened next door.

I think that the Thais do know about Pol Pot, like from the stories from the Hundreds of Thousands of Refugees from his Regime, that came over the border in the late 70's and had to live here for several Years i think. .... Pol Pot went to School in Paris you Know ... a Good Old leftie Boy Right ??? ... (As well as Kunming in southern China) .. So he was not really much like the Nazies, other then liking to put his enemies like a large proportion of his Population in to Concentration Camps.

Like as a Good Khmre Motor cycle Taxi Rider actually stooped his Bike indignantly, .. to tell me once ..... Pol Pot was a "Maoist" !!!  ... and you got to say this with an expression that you know that you are talking about Murderers on you face here,  ... And he was Not a Nazi. ... (Or a Marxist Either, ... He was a "Maoist" ... ) 

Maybe they do it in support of the German Expat population.

There are still a lot about that (quietly) idolize the Fuhrer, and can't bear to

see what has now happened to their once great empire under the Left Wing Fanatics

that are currently in control.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

In a statement posted on Facebook, Israel's Ambassador to Thailand, Dr. Meir Shlomo called the incident an “insult” to the victims of the Nazi regime.

Thailand had its own problems from the Japanese during the second world war so don't really care what happened in Europe .

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I would love to know what these folks are thinking. They must have some understanding of who the Nazi's were. Their outfits and the posters and stuff they make, show there was research and knowledge involved. I just can't see what part of the Nazi story that is attractive to Thais. There has to be some kind of unspoken appreciation.

they probably aren't taught this stuff.  their history classes probably consist of the escapades of bare chested thai warriors on elephants. 

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I would love to know what these folks are thinking. They must have some understanding of who the Nazi's were. Their outfits and the posters and stuff they make, show there was research and knowledge involved. I just can't see what part of the Nazi story that is attractive to Thais. There has to be some kind of unspoken appreciation.

Too most Thais these are only costumes.  They have no idea about any wars except for memorizing dates.

Hell if you ask most Thais why kanchanburi is an important place and why so many Brits and Aussies go there they say the river and have no idea what happened.

I have 2 university students that are very knowledgeable but were never taught any of the history of Thaliana in WW2

• Like 1