UK visa for Thai wife

Hi All,

I have dual British and Irish citizenship but very much consider myself a Londoner. I am currently living in and working in the USA as an engineer in a big tech company on an L1-B US visa which is in my Irish passport.

I married a Thai citizen back in July and she got her USA L2 visa back in July and moved over here to the USA in early September. We are about 6 months into the Green Card process and are waiting to hear back about the PERM application which was selected for random audit. My employer's lawyers are confident that all will be good.

We have a joint bank account with a few thousand bucks in it and the electricity bill is in joint names but nothing else, We just haven't got around to it. I've got an account just in my name with quite a lot of money in it and lots of other assets in just my name. Can my wife use my accounts as documentary evidence to support her visa application please?

Edit - Our US visas run out on May 13th.

Edited by capin

Yes, as you're supporting your wife, you would be able to use your bank account as evidence of affordabiliry

You don't say what sort of visa you're applying for, I'm assuming a visit visa?

Your wife will need to provide evidence of ties to her country of residence, and you need to brief the UKVI of your plans.

You're probably aware that as your wife's Green Card application is still being processed she will have to notify the USCIS of her tavel plans and, I believe there is an application and interview process before she travels.

21 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Yes, as you're supporting your wife, you would be able to use your bank account as evidence of affordabiliry

You don't say what sort of visa you're applying for, I'm assuming a visit visa?

Your wife will need to provide evidence of ties to her country of residence, and you need to brief the UKVI of your plans.

You're probably aware that as your wife's Green Card application is still being processed she will have to notify the USCIS of her tavel plans and, I believe there is an application and interview process before she travels.

@theoldgit

Thanks for the update - food for thought.

I wanted a UK visa so I can take my wife to the UK to see where I grew up and visit the family home and so I could also take her to Ireland to visit extended family.

We are both in the GC process (I think). We haven't got to 140 or 485 yet as my PERM was audited.

Mulling it over, thinking about Brexit and our immigration status, I might put this on hold and revisit in the summer when hopefully things will be clearer.