U.S. strike kills Iran Quds Force commander Soleimani - Pentagon

webfact

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

How would the US react?

Depends on if the US had been blowing up their oil tankers, destroying their oil refining infrastructure, trying to burn down their Embassy, and then sent a general to the ME to escalate attacks on Iran. In that case, I would expect Iran to try to kill the general.

...for all of which you have stonehard evidence, right?!

Oh yeah...the Saudis said it!

Must be true then!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, bobbin said:

If you are outside your country's territory, wandering around war-zones while planning attacks on other countries nationals, this has to be considered an occupational hazard..

Unfortunately, the same logic allows for a green-light to attack American and coalition partner's commanders as well.

More likely case of Strait of Hormuz down in 3-2-1........! Price of oil up $3 already. Fill your tank.

Edited by pegman

I wonder if he was killed by the new US 'ninja' missile - which minimises collateral damage by drilling through the car roof and slicing up the occupants with several razor sharp, rotating sword blades...

ninja.jpg.12a5942a69ff71d5f15555859da2a306.jpg

Edited by simon43
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I wonder if he was killed by the new US 'ninja' missile - which minimises collateral damage by drilling through the car roof and slicing up the occupants with several razor sharp, rotating sword blades...

ninja.jpg.12a5942a69ff71d5f15555859da2a306.jpg

No they only use that one to target one dude, here I think they got bonus terrorist so used explosive.

But thats a great weapon isnt it. Makes bad folks riding in cars around the desert keep an eye on the sky LOL. Drop a few on the Mexican cartels next.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bendejo said:

Bad timing politically.  Body bags don't make for good presidential campaign material for the incumbent.

They do if there's an Arab person in it. As they've been brainwashed to hate us, most trump supporters have been brainwashed to hate them. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Brigand said:

This guy was certainly an enemy of the US and more than likely deserved it. Question is about whether this was an assassination of a political/military figure without the approval of Congress (which I believe is needed for such actions). Although, when dealing with the actors here it is certainly 6 of one and half a dozen of the other as Iran is up to no good and is doing a fine job of also destabilizing the whole region too. Very dangerous situation now and wouldn't be surprised if it kicks off a bit.

President Obama declared that the President has the authority to kill any person, including US citizens, anywhere in the world if that person is suspected of being connected to a terrorist organization. That's the excuse he gave for killing Anwar Awlaki after a year of highly public discussion. Then a week later he approved the killing of Anwar's 16-year-old son. Congress is not permitted to intervene. They need to do something about that, or we're going to have a president someday who uses the precedent the same way Sulla used proscription when he was dictator of the Roman Republic. This case was particularly stupid because Suleimani was an idol in Iran, greatly loved and admired by the people.  No good will come from this. Along with Suleimani, they assassinated the commander of a large Shi'a militia (the ones who entered the embassy a couple days ago). The Iraqi Parliament was already divided over whether of not to demand American forces withdraw from Iraq. This will make it a cinch to pass. That means there will be no way to supply troops in Syria. Do you think the American Army is going to fight to stay in Iraq? How are they going to justify that?

Edited by Acharn
  • Like 1