Suvarnabhumi thief nabbed: Hapless Japanese man had been sleeping at the airport for six weeks!

rooster59

Suvarnabhumi thief nabbed: Hapless Japanese man had been sleeping at the airport for six weeks!

000-242-1280x720.jpg

Image: 77kaoded

A Japanese man who was arrested for stealing a Thai woman's bag at Bangkok's main airport told the tourist police that he had been sleeping at the airport for 45 days. 

Hiroki Takeuchi, 56, was arrested on the first floor at Suvarnabhumi Airport near door 8 in the early hours of Thursday morning. 

Earlier the previous night a Thai woman had reported that her white bag containing about 2,000 baht in Korean money and two passports had been stolen while she was eating at Magic Food on the first floor.

The tourist police swung into action studying CCTV and noted that a man had picked up the bag and put it behind another shop nearby. 

A man matching the suspect was spotted at 4.30 am milling about the area. 

Takeuchi admitted the theft but said he couldn't remember where he had stashed his ill-gotten gains. 

Yesterday tourist police chief Lt-Gen Chettha Komonwanthana and a whole host of other police and airport officials were on hand for the photo shoot and press conference to announce the successful arrest. 

Takeuchi was handed over to the airport police and charged with stealing at an airport at night. 

Why he was sleeping at the airport for 45 days was not explained in the 77kaoded report, notes Thaivisa.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-04
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

Takeuchi was handed over to the airport police and charged with stealing at an airport at night. 

Hmm, stealing is stealing no matter where or what time of the day. Are there differing laws on the time of day sort of like new laws for tattooists but not for tattooists of religous or ceremonial tattoes?

Im getting real confused here....This country is bananas...

How he could be sleeping there for 45days with out anyone noticing is even more worrying. God forbid there would ever be a terrorist plot because it seems there is no one monitoring anything until after the crimes are commited here. Not good at all for a major Airport. 

I agree from a policing/anti terrorist point. How is anybody able to sleep at a major international airport for 45 days? I hope there was a complete search/shut down of airport operations till answers were given, who knows what he did in those 45 days. Hahaha just read what I typed lol lol. As if.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Theft and overstay? Lord all mighty!!!

Could they prosecute for overstay? as technically he has been stamped out of the country! Something doesn't add up here!

How he could be sleeping for 45days at the airport?..... AIRBnB

I used to have a business here with a Japanese partner. He employed someone from Japan, but weeks later the guy never showed up at the Bangkok office. He was eventually found living in a short time hotel full of girls.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Takeuchi was handed over to the airport police and charged with stealing at an airport at night. 

Hmm, stealing is stealing no matter where or what time of the day. Are there differing laws on the time of day sort of like new laws for tattooists but not for tattooists of religous or ceremonial tattoes?

How he could be sleeping there for 45days with out anyone noticing is even more worrying. God forbid there would ever be a terrorist plot because it seems there is no one monitoring anything until after the crimes are commited here. Not good at all for a major Airport. 

Crimes committed in hours of darkness in Thailand carry more severe penalties than those committed in daytime.

9 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Yes there are laws pertaining to crimes committed in darkness. What's bananas about that?

Plenty of people have been stuck for extended periods in airports around the world. People sleep in airports all the time. Nothing unusual in that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

If I'm not mistaken. I believe any crime listed as happening during the night, is more severe than a daytime crime. 

23 hours ago, colinneil said:

So a womans bag was stolen, and it needed all the top brass to line up for a photo shoot.

How damn pathetic are they?

Its way more than just "so a womens bag was stolen" as you put it .That would have to be the most stressfull thing, getting bag with passport, atm cards ,all your cash all gone so now she is also stuck at the airport. 

Perhaps the laws are somewhat different in the precincts of airports?

Australia’s airports are under federal police control so local cops don’t go into them to enforce state laws unless invited officially by fed cops. They can’t go in officially without formal invite.

I have never thought about Thai airports in regard to offences

but, the cops are regular police in all airports I’ve visited here. To be in the airport for so so long is an interesting thing in itself. Like a previous poster I imagine he’s mentally ill. Brings up the issues around how is it he’s been there so long without some intervention to repatriate... yes, yes I know the atypical responses I.e. Thais are lazy, corrupt, indifferent bla bla bla so that’s how he could be there that long. Any way you cut it he’d have to be in some form of desperate straights to be in this limbo - self imposed or not.

29 minutes ago, madmen said:

Its way more than just "so a womens bag was stolen" as you put it .That would have to be the most stressfull thing, getting bag with passport, atm cards ,all your cash all gone so now she is also stuck at the airport. 

Read my post again, i was commenting about how pathetic the tourist police are, all the top brass just being a load of posers.

• Sad 1