Pattaya: "Scallywag" neighbor had a little too much to drink at New Year - result was death

rooster59

Pattaya: "Scallywag" neighbor had a little too much to drink at New Year - result was death

464063.jpg

Image: Naewna

Bang Lamung police were called to a luxury two story house in Soi Nong Ket after the owner found a man lying dead in his garden. 

Manas Saennork, 34, had been deceased for at least five hours and had a severe wound to the nape of his neck. 

Suphap, 56, an associate of Manas soon arrived on the scene to tell investigators that the deceased was an electrician.

He was a decent enough chap - not a petty thief in his opinion -  but was known as a bit of a scallywag.

When he got drunk he was wont to stagger about aimlessly. Earlier he had gone missing after a particularly heavy New Year binge.

His last words were: "I miss my dad and want to see him for New Year but my vehicle is broken down". He then wandered off. 

Police examined CCTV at the residence; the owner refused media attention. 

They saw a man staggering about. He fell over a potted shrub then righted himself and the shrub before falling over again and banging his head on a concrete edge. 

He got up again briefly but finally collapsed in the garden by a wall. 

The body was sent for autopsy.

Source: Naewna

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-04
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, zyphodb said:

Scallywag... love it Rooster, havent heard that word used for a long, long time. 

Must be the scrabble champion in you...

The language in the Thai article was inspiring. Some quite flowery expressions leaving plenty of wiggle-room for the translator.

Rooster

• Like 2

5 hours ago, robblok said:

I am all for people using all the drugs they want alcohol included as long as they dont bother others or operate vehicles. 

And operate guns and knives as well.  ????

Edited by Leaver
  • Thanks 1

Very sad! An alcoholic suffering a horrible disease being labeled, branded, and spoken of as if he deserved to fall crack his head open die of brain bleed, he was not bothering anyone according to this.

** Wonder how many readers have a problem with alcohol? FYI: Pattaya has 12 step meetings in English

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

id  add, or expect free medical care

Seems to be free for drunks who abuse their body. But that is a whole other discussion where do you draw the line. I mean people who play soccer and get bad knees or people like me who workout and tear a muscle. I mean where does it end.

But I get the idea as drug abuse cost money, but so does being an overweight diabetic. So what is it that people have to pay.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 9:48 AM, rooster59 said:

He was a decent enough chap,  but was known as a bit of a scallywag.

When he got drunk he was wont to stagger about aimlessly.

RIP young dude. 

I shall continue to stagger aimlessly and enjoy random encounters with the the female sex in your honor. 

Scallywag: rogue, knave, rascal, deceivious scoundrel 

Skallywag: one who is playfully mischievous 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, POMRAKSIAM said:

Very sad! An alcoholic suffering a horrible disease being labeled, branded, and spoken of as if he deserved to fall crack his head open die of brain bleed, he was not bothering anyone according to this.

** Wonder how many readers have a problem with alcohol? FYI: Pattaya has 12 step meetings in English

No he did not deserve it but it is self inflicted. Why is it called a disease and for a drug user an addiction. Why not call it what it is an unhealthy addiction.

I don't have problems with alcohol or other drugs (thankfully). But if someone has such a problem its up to him / her to get help. If they don't its all self inflicted. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes, calling is a disease was the worst thing someone came up with because it take all self responsibility away from the individual... something that seems common these days... it's always some else's fault.  

It's an addiction... to a drug, which IS self inflicted.  It is not a bacteria or virus they happened to get innocently transmitted to a non alcoholic one day...  its not like the common cold.  

True enough. I had a family member who was an alcoholic, and whenever people got angry at him for his addiction, he would lash back at them, half in anger and half in self-pity, saying that he was suffering from a disease and people should have sympathy for him.

To me it seemed just a convenient cop-out to avoid approaching his problem like the addiction it was and instead just resigning himself to an attitude of hopelessness because it's a "disease". And I bet he was happy to hear that term used for his condition -- one that in his mind relieved him of his responsibility to fight it. 

I smoked cigarettes for a long time and admit I was addicted. I chose to experiment with them in my teens and was foolish enough to become addicted. It wasn't a disease. It was an addiction, and I had to go through the discomfort of withdraw in order to beat my addiction, just like any addict has to, whether it's opiates, alcohol, sex, or gambling. 

• Like 2

On 1/4/2020 at 3:48 AM, rooster59 said:

They saw a man staggering about. He fell over a potted shrub then righted himself and the shrub before falling over again and banging his head on a concrete edge. 

He got up again briefly but finally collapsed in the garden by a wall. 

You could make a movie over this.   RIP. 

On 1/5/2020 at 9:44 AM, POMRAKSIAM said:

The house owner probably wouldn't agree with you.