Video: Careless...criticism rife as car reverses for U-turn and pick-up overturns

webfact

Absolutely pathetic! This pwrsonnneeds to be fined for reckless driving or license suspended. See this daily and its easy to assume the pickup might have been going a little fast but these stupid pickups love to wonder under hard braking regardless with usless drums and no anti lock. Happened to me with an unlicensed driver in front whos load fell off in front of my car and i had to jump on the brakes and believe me i can drive as i used race. and i managed to avoid the debris that would have gone through the window and probablely killed us but had to swipe a wheel against the curb which smashed the rim, bent all the arms and i ended up having to just buy a new car with the stupid quotes offered to fix it. Insurance are useless! The unlicensed driver got off with not even a fine.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Something not right here , apart from some bad driving.  The car seemed to have stopped as the lane in front was left open for an upside down pickup to come hurtling down.  They don't just turn over on their own do they ?

those two UTurns in the video; are separate/complementary, one way only each UTurns

so... that UTurn in the distance is only for the approaching- to uturn traffic coming from the other direction.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

They don't just turn over on their own do they ?

They are quite unstable  under heavy braking  possibly slid hit the kerb bounced off and overturned..probably going a bit too fast as well but then again you don't expect someone to try and make a u-turn from the left hand lane

( but you should in Thailand expect every sort of crazy driving stunt) saw the car at the last second and jumped on the brakes.

• Like 1

I wonder does the car driver hold a valid licence?

Should they hold a licence and own the car, licence should be suspended immediately and car impounded until the outcome of any proceedings against them are concluded.

They should have to pay for the reapirs/replacement to the pickup, it should not be claimed on insurance, the incident was wilful negligence.

Trying to do a u turn from the far left lane, not very good driving skills or common sense

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Disagree, looks like the driver simply overlooked the upcoming pickup. Can easily happen.

Nothing to do with the reversing as well.

Only if you think you can do a zU Tutrn from the far left lane across all traffic, may be able to steer a car, but cannot drive or reverse with competence

1 hour ago, neeray said:

Fits and spurts of car in reverse. Bad.

Pickup way to fast. Bad

How do you know that the pick-up was driving too fast? A thing like this happens easy when somebody panic behind the steering wheel in only 50-60 km per hour.

13 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Only if you think you can do a zU Tutrn from the far left lane across all traffic, may be able to steer a car, but cannot drive or reverse with competence

Agree that doing a U-turn from the far left is not a good idea. But the reversing is in itself not related to the accident.

8 minutes ago, johng said:

No you don't need a license to own a car...you need a license to legally drive it on a public road.

I my remark was about if the driver (licenced?) was also the owner of the car. No point in impounding the car if the driver was not the owner.

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Agree that doing a U-turn from the far left is not a good idea. But the reversing is in itself not related to the accident.

No at all connected, except demonstarted incompetence

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

Something not right here , apart from some bad driving.  The car seemed to have stopped as the lane in front was left open for an upside down pickup to come hurtling down.  They don't just turn over on their own do they ?

Driving flat out, tyres greatly over inflated, brake hard and try to swerve, possibly offside front wheel clips kerb of central reservation.

The saloon was a plonker to pull out like that, but the pick up must have been really going!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

If you look closely it looks like those 2 in the car are police. Both have walkie talkies and shoulder bags.

Guess not. Video shows they are just stupid tweedledee and tweedledum possible father and son. So par for the Thai driving course here. 

looks like the pickup clipped the edge of the barrier causing him to flip, the idiot in the car should have waited till there was no traffic coming but as usual didnt want to have to wait for anyone else, typical thai driving really. While the pick up was speeding the car is at fault, as mentioned surprised he didnt just take off like they usually do after causing an accident, we see bad driving like this all the time, unfortunately many thai drivers have no respect or care for other road users

• Like 2