Farang shoplifter steals 800 baht bottle of vodka from 7-Eleven in Lamphun

webfact

Farang shoplifter steals 800 baht bottle of vodka from 7-Eleven in Lamphun

4pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Manager reported that a police patrol was called to a 7-Eleven near the market in Lamphun around 3 am this morning after a "farang" stole a bottle of vodka.

Staff at the store said that two drunk foreign men had come into the store wanting to buy alcohol but had been told it was not possible as it was after hours. 

They left but one came back and while staff were distracted with stocking shelves went behind the counter and stole an 800 baht bottle of vodka. He was dressed in a green top with jeans.

Staff did not dare confront him as they feared he may have a weapon. 

Some 45 minutes the alleged thief was arrested wandering in the market area after a member of the public gave a police patrol a tip.

He went by the name of "Haring" and was aged 21 and appeared to be speaking something that sounded like Spanish. 

The man - who was not in possession of a passport - was taken to the police station.

His accomplice remained at large. 

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-07
  • Haha 1

Manager reported that a police patrol was called to a 7-Eleven near the market in Lamphun around 3 am this morning after a "farang" stole a bottle of vodka.

At 3 in the morning it was truly a case of urgent wokda abstention, fortunately 7/11 is all time open

1 hour ago, ICELANDMAN said:

At 3 in the morning it was truly a case of urgent wokda abstention, fortunately 7/11 is all time open

Yes, but it's illegal for 7-11 to sell booze at that time.

• Like 1

but tourists need their booze, shop by my condo on beach road sells booze all the time for tourists to drink on the beach, /the dont want, or dont know the silly times not to buy booze. (not 7/11 but similiar) he he

25 minutes ago, mickey rat said:

800 baht! Wow...???? 

The staff of 7/11 has to work more than 2 days for 800 Baht. Compare it with this salary in your home country to find the worth of 800 Baht in Thailand. 

• Like 1

Yeah farang let him off, give him the keys to the safe, trivial, blah blah blah, police brutality.....

The same thing was said about stolen 29,000baht drone the other day.

These farangs are just misunderstood, right?

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, jastheace said:

@URMySunshine

started to follow you just in case there's updates to either of these stories.

At Thai passport office Pattaya today with the missus. Reached their qouta 250 by 10am. 3 farangs with babies. Am keeping an eye out where I walk now so pavement threat has diminshed. I have to say with all the serious news in the world today Thailand's small earrhquake in chile nobody killed approach to it can be somewhat refeshing.

I like Kulov Vodka it's only 399 for a litre and I don't have to steal it either, probably the best spirits made here, the rest in pretty awful including most of the so called brandy

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 9:48 AM, DaRoadrunner said:

He was so drunk his Thai sounded like Spanish..... OK lets blame the Farangs.

I visited Mexico once.  My high school Spanish was rusty, so about every third word came out in Thai.  I got some puzzled looks.