Pattaya: Police clear up two cases of snatch theft from tourists - two men, one woman arrested

webfact

Pattaya: Police clear up two cases of snatch theft from tourists - two men, one woman arrested

4pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Bang Lamung police announced they had arrested three Thais who have admitted committing snatch theft stealing from tourists. 

These referred to two incidents that both happened in Soi Na Klua 14 last month and this month and involved a Russian and a Chinese national. 

Saksit, 22, and Miss Supranee 21 have admitted being involved in the theft from a Russian tourist on December 6th. 

A Valencia lady's bag worth 60,000 baht was stolen by the thieves riding a Scoopy-i, reported 77kaoded. Inside the bag was $200 and 2,000 baht. 

The thieves admitted spending the money and throwing the bag away. 

In the second case Patsakorn, 18, was arrested along with 3,882 Yuan. 

He admitted stealing a bag containing 10,400 Yuan from a Chinese tourist. He also stole 2,000 baht and a Huawei phone that was taken into evidence. 

He said he had exchanged the bulk of the money already and spent it on going out. 

A video showed two instances of theft or attempted theft in the same location - both featured just one rider. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-08

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:
47 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I think public caning should be used in Pattaya only for these types of crimes.

It could be done down on Beach Road in front of the police station.

And could be scheduled once a week so the tourists know when to show up.

Could actually turn into a tourist magnet.

I can't see the attraction of that.

• Sad 1

A different idea might be to have an exploding dye pack inside a bag allowing the thief to get away, possibly with a video feed also inside the bag.

That would be entertaining - the robber suffering the indignation of being filmed and sprayed with indelible ink.

This guy failed miserably as a bank robber owing to the dye pack he stuffed down his trousers:

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

And their fines would be 500baht and a Wai. Throw them in jail for a year!

They caught a guy that stole my gf purse 12 years ago and they said he would get 4 years, who knows 100,000 b in gold, also

2 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

They caught a guy that stole my gf purse 12 years ago and they said he would get 4 years, who knows 100,000 b in gold, also

I think you will find the guy was your girlfriend's boyfriend.   ????

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

and more pickpocketing where tourists gather in big numbers...back to square one!

The majority of tourists here now are zero baht tourists.  That also means zero baht in their pockets.  Not worth pick pocketing.  

On the other hand, what's left of the westerners coming here, you can expect the thefts and scams to rise for this demographic.   

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

The majority of tourists here now are zero baht tourists.  That also means zero baht in their pockets.  Not worth pick pocketing.

How can  this be, I have it on good authority each and every Indian spends 10,000 baht/day.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

How can  this be, I have it on good authority each and every Indian spends 10,000 baht/day.

Yes, most of that includes airfare and accommodation, paid for in India.  Once they get here, they have next to zero left to spend.  Some creative accounting by TAT.  ????