Youtubers taking secret videos in pattaya and Bangkok

bbabythai

agree about the publicity, do a vdo of a couple having a bit on the beach, only the poster and a few friends see it, but not here, next thing ya know its national news , and millions know about it, they just cant help it, ha ha

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

agree about the publicity, do a vdo of a couple having a bit on the beach, only the poster and a few friends see it, but not here, next thing ya know its national news , and millions know about it, they just cant help it, ha ha

... still haven't found the vid on pawntoob...  probably no more interesting to some bending over the stove, and slapping of some pancakes

The USA courts have pretty much unanimously ruled that one gives up any reasonable expectations of privacy if they go outside and can therefore be filmed.  I disagree with that when taken to the absolute.  Luckily there are some stalking laws and things like that one has some recourse to if you are being followed constantly.   I love watching many of the youtube posts while sitting here in New Joisey.   While I am not a fan of it, I would not care too much if one of those youtubers pans by me when I am in Thailand.  I am not on the run, nor hiding from anybody and don't really care if somebody sees me sauntering down Soi 6 or  just happen to be walking on second road near the Big C and the big soapy massage places are in the background, or down walking street and at that moment happen to be walking by the group of ladyboys hanging around the marine disco.  People will think what they want regardless if one really does just go there to relax, walk about, hop on baht buses to get around, eat western and Thai food at any and all hours of the night (I loved the KISS restaurant, and those little burger or Donar stalls that are all over the place), sleep, swim in the hotel pool, maybe hook up with a gal now and then, Go up to the Big Buddha and chill, day trip to Ko Larn, bus to Bangkok for a few nights in Bangkok, bus from Mo chit for a 6 hour or so drive to Sukhothai, or some other city to explore, etc. and does not do any drugs or anything illegal.  One of my past stupid idiot old fart neighbors who literally  never left his house anymore when he stopped and chatted with me after I came back from one of my Thailand trips, all he would ask about was child stuff.  yeah well, maybe that was his perversion, I don't know.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 5:46 PM, CharlieH said:

Right or wrong it's a fact of life these days, there are cameras everywhere, most have them in phones and CCTV increasing everywhere. Stores etc it's as natural as a light fitting.

Bottom line, is assume it's happening and behave accordingly, or as I do, simply ignore it as I ain't doing anything worth filming to start with ????????

I seen a youtube vid of a guy walking around in the city and just standing there videoing some people. Most got really mad, and wanted to beat him or call the Police. But, yeah, I agree, you are being watched everywhere you go! Many (maybe most now) TV screens watch you all the time as well as computers, laptops, phones. Watch you do everything inside your home. What ya gonna say about that? I haven't watched TV in years, but I do put tape over my laptop cam, and you should cover the screen if you are doing something serious, because even though your screen is off, its not, and so is the mic. So a guy shows up videoing me, I will just smile! Defeats his purpose.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, smilemaker said:

Many (maybe most now) TV screens watch you all the time as well as computers, laptops, phones. Watch you do everything inside your home.

The only advice I can give you, when you make the hat, crinkle up the foil first, smooth hats are ineffective.

tinfoil-hat-guy.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/29/2020 at 10:04 AM, BritManToo said:

Don't do anything in public you wouldn't want your mom to see.

When you bring your barfine back to your hotel get the nearest taxi or tuktuk, and don't waste time bargaining. There are also a couple of short time places within Nana Plaza.

On 1/29/2020 at 11:55 AM, neeray said:

Yes, thank you Steve Jobs.

But then I'm not brain dead and I use my Steve Jobs, Apple iPhone responsibly.

(Just got a new one and it will do everything except pick lucky lottery numbers)

You bought the cheap one then ????

You can't complain - it's legal to film anything in public. I actually think that youtubers are helping to 'demystify' or 'de-romanticize' Thailand (if that's the right word). You can learn a lot from watching some videos, and learn how to avoid scams and ripoffs. The videos also help you see the human side of the flesh trade - i.e. it's just broke people trying to earn a buck. One recent video was a guy asking freelancers on Pattaya beach road how much - it turned out they charge Asians MORE than westerners - turning on its head years of conventional wisdom. 

Guys filming with a phone or other open recording device are one thing, as you have the option to ask them to stop or leave the premises yourself. The thing that irks me is these guys that film using concealed or semi concealed devices. You have no way of knowing they are recording and all of a sudden your boys night out is on some public media, not to mention the privacy of the girls that are out and about. Don’t know what the answer is, because as already stated some bloggers have no scruples.

• Haha 1

On 1/29/2020 at 11:50 PM, JHolmesJr said:

I was sitting in my hotel lobby in Thappraya road one morning around 8am having a coffee.

Suddenly this brit comes rushing down yelling at the top of his voice.

Apparently his wife had called from the Uk and the Thai man at the switchboard told

her....him not talk, him with lady....the woman divorced him over the phone.

He immediately ran up and came down 5 minutes later and hopped into a cab for the airport.

He's just arrived on a 2 week holiday the night before. They outed him ...and thats exactly what these

you tubers are doing.

Looking at this guys camera angles and where he hangs outside Flexx he couldn't be too hard to spot.

I owe anyone who gives him a beatdown a beer for sure.

Surely the chances of someone spotting you in the background on a random YouTube channel are about the same as being struck by lightning?

Why would anyone have a reasonable expectation of PRIVACY in a public bar where anyone can just walk in off the street?

Hey, these videos tell the truth.  If you don't like the truth about yourself hanging out in such an establishment, then maybe you should join a private club that charges a membership fee to keep the riff raff out?

I'm a family man, so I wouldn't be caught dead in such establishments. ????

I'm not a prude and have been in one once twenty years ago on Samui--only because at the time my Thai "girlfriend" wanted to see it. It was sad to see girls with numbers on that you could order, like a menu. OK, I understand they are doing it to support their families.  But the customers can't say that.  What a bunch of pathetic sad sacks.

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 1/29/2020 at 8:46 AM, CharlieH said:

Right or wrong it's a fact of life these days, there are cameras everywhere, most have them in phones and CCTV increasing everywhere. Stores etc it's as natural as a light fitting.

Bottom line, is assume it's happening and behave accordingly, or as I do, simply ignore it as I ain't doing anything worth filming to start with ????????

CCTV footage wont go on YouTube, that's the difference. And it's much personal to stay close contact with girls while recording. 

Hidden cameras are for wussies.

On 1/29/2020 at 9:50 AM, Farangwithaplan said:

If the youtuber is generating income from the videos then they need to get a signed waver from the 'models / actors' if they can be identified in the video. Someone with deep pockets could send a cease and desist letter to the owner and see how it goes.

Not if they are in public.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 10:30 AM, Skallywag said:

If camera person is on public access roads and public sidewalks it is legal.  

False!!! This is illegal!!! In Thailand you need a permission to film public!!! And you need the permission from people being filmed.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Surely the chances of someone spotting you in the background on a random YouTube channel are about the same as being struck by lightning?

The statistics say I'm unlikely to get hit by lightening; why am I still afraid of being struck by lightening?