800,000 baht 90 days after extension

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Stop. Which imm office is requiring one year bank statement to satisfy extension based on retirement. I do not doubt it as many rogue office in Thailand.

See my reply above.

they are not necessarily rogue offices, just applying “any other documentation clause” 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

As there have not been confirmed reports of any one renewing the extension under the new rules yet (there are a few weeks before people are certain to be doing that) I cannot categorically state that it will be required however Udon immigration have been requiring statements for all classes of visa for a while. 

Once there has been an extension under the new requirements and it’s been reported I can update.

The bit about "visas" I assume you mean extensions of stay. 

If you cannot state a "one year bank statement" WILL be required, then don't imply that.

Edited by DrJack54

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The bit about "visas" I assume you mean extensions of stay. 

If you cannot state a "one year bank statement" WILL be required, then don't imply that.

I have not stated that it will be required or implied that, you may have inferred It, please re-read my posts.

Neither you nor I know if it will or not. 

I will certainly not be at all amazed if Udon immigration requires a 1 year statement for all retirement extensions. In fact I will be pleasantly surprised if they don’t.

As a 1 year statement takes up to a week to get making sure that you do not apply at the last minute, at a minimum 2 weeks early, will mean that you will have the time to get it if needed. But of course some people may get a really nasty surprise, up to you, as they say. TIT YMMV.

NB if you apply last minute, have the statement and don’t need it you have no problem. Conversely if you reply last minute do not have a statement that it is required you could have a rather nasty experience to say the least. 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

13 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I have not stated that it will be required or implied that, you may have inferred It, please re-read my posts.

Neither you nor I know if it will or not. 

I will certainly not be at all amazed if Udon immigration requires a 1 year statement for all retirement extensions. In fact I will be pleasantly surprised if they don’t.

As a 1 year statement takes up to a week to get making sure that you do not apply at the last minute, at a minimum 2 weeks early, will mean that you will have the time to get it if needed. But of course some people may get a really nasty surprise, up to you, as they say. TIT YMMV.

Geez, Udon imm may require it! Go and ask them and report back. 

BTW we can have a beer in Dave Sport bar Udon. Nothing personal going on here. Thinking your trying being helpful same as myself

Thinking when first report confirms your random idea then we will all run off to obtain a one year statement.

My kbank may ask about how to provide "one year statement" for my 1 million FD account.

Edited by DrJack54

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Geez, Udon imm may require it! Go and ask them and report back. 

Going by what they are currently requiring, as I said, my guess is that they will.

I will not be making a 2 hour drive to ask a hypothetical question. Udon immigration is not well known for giving accurate information at the time you apply (personal experience) and I have heard of conflicting advice given by officers so it would be pointless anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why? My bank lists EVERY single deposit and withdrawal whenever I attend a teller and present bankbook. BTW I do that couple of times per year. My Thai gf the same. Help me out forum am I missing something here.

Mine does not, that is why. I hardly ever attend a teller, I use my ATM card, credit cards and am kept up to date by on-line banking, mobile banking and SMS messages. Bankbooks are Victorian England.... 

Or that was my MO prior to the need to prove I have maintained my 800/400k balance, now, every month, I get the book out and put it in the silly machine.... go through books quite quickly and added the need to make copies from 2 of them at Extension time. 

Bloody cheek Immigration having the right to stick their noses into something private like this, my day to day bank usage!

In all dealings with Immigration, if there is doubt, then there is no doubt.  You should always plan for the worst case.  The issue is length of time, longer being worse than shorter, so assume ‘longer’.  Know Immigration as you know your investments, past performance is no guarantee of future performance.  

On 1/30/2020 at 8:44 PM, berniept said:

My question is- what (if anything) will likely happen if I do not appear at their office on or around the date specified because I am not in Thailand on that date? TIA for your answers.

Did you ask your IO? If not why? I use agents and there is no requirement to show money after 90-day. If required agents will show. I don't deal with IOs. 

Edited by Vascoda

I did my first 90 report at Udon Thani immigration last week, after getting my retirement visa conversion from a non O.

For my retirement visa I showed proof of the 800K deposit by bank letter and passbook. No problems.

Last week I went and got the same letter at the bank and updated my bank book to show the 800K and the nice young lady at Immigration just smiled and said no need, didn't even look at it.

In and out in less than 2 min.

Your mileage may vary.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

I did my first 90 report at Udon Thani immigration last week, after getting my retirement visa conversion from a non O.

For my retirement visa I showed proof of the 800K deposit by bank letter and passbook. No problems.

Last week I went and got the same letter at the bank and updated my bank book to show the 800K and the nice young lady at Immigration just smiled and said no need, didn't even look at it.

In and out in less than 2 min.

Your mileage may vary.

Thanks for reporting. 

But it is only logical that IO didn't even look at your bank letter and passbook.  Your extension of stay has been approved, and they will only look whether you meet the financial requirements at your next extension of stay (so next year).

For the 90-day report they only want you to confirm that you are still staying at the same place.

By the way, it is very easy to do your 90-day reporting on-line (just like your TM30 filings), meaning that only need to visit your local IO once a year (for your extension of stay).  

When I got my retirement extension, the lady IO that handled it was very explicit in saying I must show proof of 800K in 3 months time. 2 months before 3 months after.

Different girl for the 3 month after report, doesn't want to see it. 

If it's next year no problem, I won't be here anyway.

On 2/6/2020 at 6:40 PM, tgeezer said:

In all dealings with Immigration, if there is doubt, then there is no doubt.  You should always plan for the worst case.  The issue is length of time, longer being worse than shorter, so assume ‘longer’.  Know Immigration as you know your investments, past performance is no guarantee of future performance.  

And if you want consistancy, use an agent if you can afford it and willing to hire an agent. Thailand is a great country becuase you can do every thing smoothly using an agent. Have used agent for DL, buying and selling cars, immigration and could not beleive how smooth and consistant the process is. They even fill up the form (Mostly written in Thai) for you and you just sign. I was a fool to not use an agent for opening a bank acount and lesson learned. Never again I deal with Thai government officials without an agent. 

Edited by Vascoda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Vascoda said:

And if you want consistancy, use an agent if you can afford it and willing to hire an agent. Thailand is a great country becuase you can do every thing smoothly using an agent. Have used agent for DL, buying and selling cars, immigration and could not beleive how smooth and consistant the process is. They even fill up the form (Mostly written in Thai) for you and you just sign. I was a fool to not use an agent for opening a bank acount and lesson learned. Never again I deal with Thai government officials without an agent. 

You post time and time again in threads promoting use of agents. Fine. Suits you. Continue to use an agent. People are well aware of their services and them as an option.

I have done all the things you list by myself without using agent. Walk in the park. 

This thread is not about using agents.

• Like 1