Jobs Only For Thai's

Hey All,

Moving over December 28th. Professional Vocalist from Ireland. Are Entertainer jobs free for farangs? Also, Pest Controllers ok for farangs. I did see a list somewhere of jobs that only Thai's can have but cannot remember where. Are these on it? The CORRECT answer will decide my business choices when I arrive as I have experience in both fields, although my preference is the music.

Cheers,

Steve (Ireland)

Here you go...

http://www.thaivisa.com/330.0.html

totster :o

Thanks Totser. I don't see any mention of either entertainement or Pest Control but is there anywhere I can contact for clarification. I don't want to get into paying for stock or putting business plans together for businesses I cannot legitimately become involved in?

Stvee (Ireland)

• 4 weeks later...

jobs free for farangs ?

Just like to point out ALL jobs here require a workpermit if you're a foreigner no matter what your visa status is.

Basically workpermits are actually only given to foreigners for jobs Thai people can't do.

There are plenty of jobs not on that list that are also practically impossible to get a workpermit for.

Read all about in the workpermit and visa section :o

Edited by brianinbangkok

Hey All,

Moving over December 28th. Professional Vocalist from Ireland. Are Entertainer jobs free for farangs? Also, Pest Controllers ok for farangs. I did see a list somewhere of jobs that only Thai's can have but cannot remember where. Are these on it? The CORRECT answer will decide my business choices when I arrive as I have experience in both fields, although my preference is the music.

Cheers,

Steve (Ireland)

You can also look at this for additional information.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=48111

Good luck finding a Thai man to sing traditional Irish songs. :o

I think the job is yours. :D

Rubbish! I know a Thai who can sing Danny Boy and When Irish Eyes are Smiling beautifully!

He has a bit of trouble with Paddy Maginty's Goat though......

Well thers a group called "No Fixed Abode" led by PJ (An Aussie / Irishman) I believe he has a proper job but is allways playing at venues around Bangkok, in fact at the Irish Ball he was very good and his group was most excellent at the Ploenchit Fair, and lets not Forget "Lee Shamrock" who does the singing (And quiz night) at the Dubliner, what sort of Visa they are on, no idea but theres obviously work for an Irish Singer, heck thers plenty of "Irish" pubs to choose from!

Given the number of Philippinos and other nationalities working the hotel bars in bands, I'd say musicians is one profession not restricted to Thais.

Pest control? No idea. Even if it's restricted, which I doubt, I'd suggest you could set up a company and train/hire people to do it for you. I wouldnt have thought there's a lot of dosh in it though.