Moya toilet flush valve

Artisi

I have a one piece Moya toilet suite, the flush valve unit is located into the cistern with a direct connection to the pan - - it does not protrude for fitment of a retaining nut / clamp. 

Question: how is it retained in the cistern and how to remove it for replacement? 

Thanks. 

15 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I can't find Moya anywhere as a toilet brand.

Lift up the flush flap and look. There will either be some screw heads visible or evidence of a plastic nut for which you will need a special tool.

The whole flush valve is a self-contained compete assembly, appears it will come out as a compete unit - that's once I sort - out - how ????

Yes. Conventional ones have a plastic nut under the cistern so you have to take the cistern off. All-in-one units are fixed in a similar way but are blind in as much as the fixing is done from the top. 

So if you lift up the flap of the flap valve there will be some form of screw accessible from inside the tank. It will be a clamp of some kind which "grabs" onto the bowl and will come out with the whole valve assembly. 

Example (not yours)

eljer-flush-valve-sub-kit-309.jpg

Easiest way would be to buy the replacement valve first then you can see how it fixes on.

4 hours ago, Artisi said:

The whole flush valve is a self-contained compete assembly, appears it will come out as a compete unit - that's once I sort - out - how ????

Is it the type with the flush push handle in the middle of the top of the cistern? Drain the cistern shine a torch down to the bottom, find the two plastic clips, note which way it has to rotate. Grab the entire plastic body and rotate in the correct direction. You will have a seal assembly with a cross piece as shown previously There should be a screw in the centre, undo it. It will in all likelyhood be corroded. If it is you will need to cut the seal assembly. If needing a complete new assembly,measure the length of the overflow pipe as that determines the size. Watsada stocks all the generic sizes.

image.png.4d297d94f0da611be49425d9af637037.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Toosetinmyways said:

Is it the type with the flush push handle in the middle of the top of the cistern? Drain the cistern shine a torch down to the bottom, find the two plastic clips, note which way it has to rotate. Grab the entire plastic body and rotate in the correct direction. You will have a seal assembly with a cross piece as shown previously There should be a screw in the centre, undo it. It will in all likelyhood be corroded. If it is you will need to cut the seal assembly. If needing a complete new assembly,measure the length of the overflow pipe as that determines the size. Watsada stocks all the generic sizes.

image.png.4d297d94f0da611be49425d9af637037.png

Thanks, sounds like the answer - thought that's probably the way it works but didn't want brute strength and ignorance to overrule the exercise ????????

Moya is the Homepro brand of sanitary ware...both my Moya toilets have the conventional flush as shown above on the right.....simple uncouple the feed pipe and remove the plastic nut and the whole unit lifts out from the top of the cistern.....the one on the left is a Geberit cistern type flush....doubt whether Moya uses them :thumbsup:

• 4 years later...
29 minutes ago, freeworld said:

I would say both regulate the volume of the flush, one is the full flush slider and the other is the half flush slider.

I think you are right. It probably acts as a stopper for the half flush, while the full flush empties the everything in the cistern. 

Sadly, the manual gloss over this detail.

Screenshot_20240414_131347_Chrome.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I think you are right. It probably acts as a stopper for the half flush, while the full flush empties everything in the cistern. 

Sadly, the manual gloss over this detail.

Screenshot_20240414_131347_Chrome.jpg

Back to the drawing board.

#2.5, the main level lever, definitely regulate the half flush.

Since the fill level is set by a separate float unit, it is still a mystery what the small max/min indicator is suppose to do.

It could be that it regulate the flush valve opening and thus sets the flush flow rate. 

I will time a couple of flush in different settings.

• Thumbs Up 1

There are various types of flush valves but basically most of these types work in a similar way.

As you determined the long slider is for the half flush and the short slider is for the full flush. Some adjustment is needed to get your optimal bowl clearance for both settings.

Find attached some docs for other flush valves, may offer some guidance when setting yours up.

image.png.71d3776a14913b506a5534e5afba744c.png

image.png.446c8f919899af77a07d6bcdca3a448f.png

image.png.ecde6f01b552aaae7e403d220a5feb16.png

Edited by freeworld
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, freeworld said:

There are various types of flush valves but basically most of these types work in a similar way.

As you determined the long slider is for the half flush and the short slider is for the full flush. Some adjustment is needed to get your optimal bowl clearance for both settings.

Find attached some docs for other flush valves, may offer some guidance when setting yours up.

image.png.71d3776a14913b506a5534e5afba744c.png

image.png.446c8f919899af77a07d6bcdca3a448f.png

image.png.ecde6f01b552aaae7e403d220a5feb16.png

Absolutely brilliant 👏,  you solved the enigma. Thanks 😊

The short slider (full flush) is near impossible to adjust when installed as it is wedged behind the overflow tube.

It was in the top position when installed, which oddly enough is the lower setting for the full flush, but the flush volume is good and I don't have any leaks, so I will leave it that way.

Screenshot_20240415_112408_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1