Thailand keeps doors open to Chinese tourists

snoop1130

18 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Other Coronavirus aren’t able to cope with high temperatures or humidity and prefer cool, dry conditions to be able to survive outside the host. Whether the novel Coronavirus shares the same characteristics hasn’t been fully established, but it being a Coronavirus points to that.

Another point about temperature and humidity and virus. In cold and dry air when someone coughs/sneezes the expelled droplets stay in the air longer. When the air is more hot and humid the droplets go toward the ground quicker since the air is heavier. 

43 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

I hope not becuse i am booked home to Brisbane in April. Could they refuse me entry or would they put me in quarantine.  I was put in quarantine in the UK a couple of years ago during the MERS scare. Eventually i convinced them that i had not been drinking Camel urine although i was expecting to have to drink something bordering it in the first English pub that i encountered.   ????????????  just joking !

Had a mate banned fom a pub in Birmingham years ago. Two of them went in, one ordered the two pints the other guy went to to the dartboard. First guy took a mouthful and said to the other 'you better come back and drink this quick before it gets cold'.

Edited by overherebc

2 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

Yes but they are sitting on each others doorsteps in Singapore as opposed to the great distances of Thailand. You cannot judge by population numbers.

Well BKK is just as busy as Singapore...and i bet they ALL wear 3M N95 mouthmasks there, nobody in BKK even wears a cheap one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, regularguy said:

Another point about temperature and humidity and virus. In cold and dry air when someone coughs/sneezes the expelled droplets stay in the air longer. When the air is more hot and humid the droplets go toward the ground quicker since the air is heavier. 

Thinking that it could thrive in air conditioned environments 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, regularguy said:

It's actually the other way around. Warm moist air is less dense than cold dry air.

Less dense means lighter per unit volume.

Edited by overherebc

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

It's actually the other way around. Warm moist air is less dense than cold dry air.

Less dense means lighter per unit volume.

Are you sure? Moist air has a lot of water vapor in it so should be heavier than dry air isn't it?

5 hours ago, Thian said:

Well BKK is just as busy as Singapore...and i bet they ALL wear 3M N95 mouthmasks there, nobody in BKK even wears a cheap one.

Many Singaporeans are self isolating and the government is really hunting down infected people and who they have come in contact with. Singapore has also closed many social events, schools and are considering a 24 day quarantine on infected people with the new potential of the incubation period. Thailand is running business as usual, only the business is not doing so well as the Chinese are not coming in as much as they used to ????

Quite incredible the level of cognitive dissonance, the mentality on the one hand that drives you to slap on a mask at the mere sight of a foreign looking person and on the other that sees nothing dangerous about riding head on in to oncoming traffic.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 7:03 AM, JustAnotherHun said:

Masks are only available at the airport for tourists coming from Europe.

They're handed out for free by a moronic grinning guy wearing a suit and a chin mask.

That's smart. So when he comes into contact with somebody infected he can contaminate every mask he hands out.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2020 at 8:36 PM, Thian said:

Big chance that soon the EU countries will ban flights from Thailand.

I've heard about Chinese tourists rejected when attempting to check into hotels, walking the streets looking for somewhere to stay only to be turned away wherever they go.

They ended up staying with some friends in this case.

Government inaction is leading to civilian action on the street level and this won't end well.

I've also noticed a distinct lack of Chinese in some very busy restaurants.

4 minutes ago, metisdead said:

PostS using unapproved YouTube videos and a reply have been removed. 

It was about a prisoner repatriated from a Thai prison to a UK one who has just checked positive for the Corona or its new name Covet 19 .People can check it out for themselves . 

Just now, anto said:

It was about a prisoner repatriated from a Thai prison to a UK one who has just checked positive for the Corona or its new name Covet 19 .People can check it out for themselves . 

He tested positive? That's new.

9 minutes ago, ukrules said:

He tested positive? That's new.

Correction on what i posted .He collapsed yesterday and another prisoner also got sick ,and he is being tested along with the other prisoner at HMP Bullingdon,Bister ,Oxfordshire.The result is not reported yet .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thian said:

Are you sure? Moist air has a lot of water vapor in it so should be heavier than dry air isn't it?

Take one cubic metre of air. Water vapour is less dense than air so if you displace 50% of the air with it then that one cubic metre of air/water vapour becomes less dense.

6 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

That's smart. So when he comes into contact with somebody infected he can contaminate every mask he hands out.

Don't get fooled by Anutin, he reached out very cheap crappy masks...not the N95 3M ones...and he even contaminated all of them himself with his bare hands.

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

I've heard about Chinese tourists rejected when attempting to check into hotels, walking the streets looking for somewhere to stay only to be turned away wherever they go.

They ended up staying with some friends in this case.

Government inaction is leading to civilian action on the street level and this won't end well.

I've also noticed a distinct lack of Chinese in some very busy restaurants.

Not that i support it but i read that in a university city in Holland the student homes of chinese students have been smeared in faeces and damaged...also texts were written in the elevator to tell them to go back to china.

Those chinese students bought ALL the mouthmasks in that city so the locals have nothing...guess that's why..they are studying there for ages so it has to do with the virus i guess.

24 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Take one cubic metre of air. Water vapour is less dense than air so if you displace 50% of the air with it then that one cubic metre of air/water vapour becomes less dense.

Go to the mountains, wait for very dark clouds to come...you'll see that those can't fly over the mountaintops and will stay there for a while before they start loosing their water (rain).

Go to a house in Europe...the basement is always more humid than the rest of the house (and cooler)...that cool humid air will not rise up.....so it's more heavy than the air on the ground floor i guess. Even when that air gets heated it won't rise.

Steam from a boiling kettle rises yes but that's from the very high temperature i think....if that boiling kettle is in a basement the steam will stay in the basement, isn't it?

9 hours ago, Thian said:

Although it seems counterintuitive, he's correct. I remember being confused by this watching baseball as a kid. On more than one occasion an announcer stated the ball traveled further in humid air than dry. Made no sense to me back then. 

You may be surprised to know that humid air is less dense than dry air. It has to do with the molecule make-up of the air. But given the same temperature, and all other conditions are the same, a baseball will (usually) travel farther on a humid day than when the air is dry.