Thailand keeps doors open to Chinese tourists

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And if it becomes an epidemic in Thailand it will be entirely the fault of foreigners for not wearing useless masks. Clever preemptive move by the Health Minister, wasn't it.

It doesn't even need to get that bad, once demand is lower to fly to thailand airlines will just drop flights. 

It's not going to take 1,000 deaths to do that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

Seriously? How many countries have a "Minister for Health" that actually have a medical background? I'd be surprised if you needed more than one hand to count them on. 

By listening to their expert advisors.

Why would they do that? China didn't!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ndreamer said:

It doesn't even need to get that bad, once demand is lower to fly to thailand airlines will just drop flights. 

It's not going to take 1,000 deaths to do that

It's happened already, before the virus. Emirates has already reduced their number of flights to Thailand, and at the start of the high season Norwegian decided Thailand was no longer worth flying to.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ned said:

I haven't read all the comments on this topic and the question might have already been asked but is it possible that many countries will soon ban flights arriving from Thailand? 

I think it would need a lot more than 32 cases and no deaths for any country to do that. Let's get things into proportion.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

Given the number of Chinese visiting Thailand on a daily basis, the current lowly number of 32 being reported is highly dubious.

Given that mainland China, you know, the big bad, disease-ridden, commie one, isn't allowing their own people to travel outside the country, maybe the Chinese you are seeing on a 'daily basis' are not all mainland Chinese?

I know, I know, it's so difficult because they all look the same to us.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ventenio said:

the REAL numbers are a magnitude higher (350,000 infected, not 35,000).  We all know how bad this is...  it's air born.  long range....

No we do not all know how bad this is! This kind of post is Fake News spreading fear, stress and possible panic totally unnecessarily so should be removed by moderators!

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, NRGF said:

Wearing masks will not stop this virus.

I had a conversation with my son in law who said as much ,apart from the one he got below. But hey,what does he know compared to the Health Minister?...I mean he’s only got a PhD in chemistry and works with A major pharmaceutical company...

F328EB56-4352-4B0A-A6C8-12A7A2882134.jpeg

• Like 1

So far the reported cases, as far as we can tell, came from prolonged contact with an infected person - spending time with them in close proximity at a conference, over a meal, or in shared accommodation. Passing an infected person in the street has a very low risk of catching the virus - just like the flu, in fact

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

How do you know? China always will cover it up. Same as all countries.

You cannot post as fact pure speculation  about what China might be covering up! That is just spreading unnecessary worry, stress and even panic in some. This is exactly how fake news works!

The WHO are in China and health experts from other countries are now assisting and monitoring the situation closely so it would be impossible now for China to cover up what this fake news post is claiming!

• Haha 2

Crazy...... refusing Dutch cruise ship with checked ...as far as possible ...all passengers not being sick ....after first saying it can come in. But still letting all non-checked Chinese potential zombies come in freely. Glad I got out last week. This will get worse..so worse that even prime minister Pinokio can not hide it any longer behind his long nose.

Edited by nuckyt77
Type fault
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ned said:

I haven't read all the comments on this topic and the question might have already been asked but is it possible that many countries will soon ban flights arriving from Thailand? 

I think not soon...but it could happen of course if the infection rate starts to blossom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

Thailand keeps door open.   What about cabin doors , I think I just read a cruise ship is not allowed to stop off in Thailand.

Oh wow! And a whole bunch here in the TV typing pool who have been relentlessly suggesting the Thai authorities have got it all, hopelessly wrong suddenly have to scratch around for a way to turn this rather sensible Thai government decision into some sort of affirmation of their uselessness.

Have at it.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Docno said:

Yeah, and Singapore has banned flights from China as well as people having visited China within the previous 2 weeks. My employer (a university) in Singapore requires us to take our temperatures twice a day, enter the number into an online system, and retain a photo of the thermometer as evidence; don't do this and you will be terminated. The government provides detailed case-by-case updates everyday. They have also provided masks to every household. They are taking the matter very seriously and professionally, unlike at least one of their neighbours... 

I hope you have advised the Singapore government that masks are useless in stopping the spread of the virus lol

17 hours ago, SteveK said:

The government would appear to me more concerned about their relationship with China than they are about the health of their own citizens.

yes i think you are correct,however they are n't panicking like other nations and they have had success with their treatment as several chinese have returned home considered cured.

1 hour ago, Ned said:

No (but some silly persons have suggested stopping Thai people leaving for foreign countries)

Next?