Thailand keeps doors open to Chinese tourists

snoop1130

The only thing I hope with this madness is that it will make more Thai people wake up realize the little consideration that these fake dewocrats have for their population. (OK it will be diffucult I have been here long enough to realize that it is not winning in advance but hope gives life)  

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Given that mainland China, you know, the big bad, disease-ridden, commie one, isn't allowing their own people to travel outside the country, maybe the Chinese you are seeing on a 'daily basis' are not all mainland Chinese?

I know, I know, it's so difficult because they all look the same to us.

They all look the same to me .

10 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

This is not Wuhan, and if you can read, I said it's like a flu for a normal healthy person. 

Yes I can read and I can also understand. You obviously not. You even not bother to go through some of the forums and through expert literature. Otherwise you would not post this utter BS which is downplaying the real threat from this virus.

But go ahead and feel well smile and wave.

20 hours ago, fruitman said:

Today i didn't see anybody in Bangkok wearing a mask.

Not like in Samui.

In Samui some people wear mask, probably about 0,0000000000000000000000000001%

Edited by Tchooptip

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

You mean a normal healthy person like the doctor in Wuhan?

How do you know that he was healthy when he got infected? Where did you read that? Try reading something else than totally clueless thai newspapers and stop watching thai news on TV showing people how to wear a useless mask. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Not like in Samui.

In Samui some people wear mask, probably about 0,0000000000000000000000000001%

I've seen zero people here in Samui with  mask in the last two days, including taxi drivers, hotel reception, etc. But also near zero Chinese. Even ventured to a seafood restaurant, no Chinese. Quite nice.

A lot of people mocking Thailand, but they'll probably get away with it, because a flu type of virus like this does not spread well in such a hot climate:
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/commentary/hot-climate-wuhan-virus-vaccine-12389694

"Studies done many years ago showed that the “regular” coronavirus (which is one of the causes of the common cold) can survive on surfaces 30 times longer in places with a temperature of 6 degrees Celsius compared to those where the temperature is 20 degrees Celsius and humidity levels are high.

More recently, scientists from Hong Kong University (HKU) including Professor Malik Peiris and Professor Seto Wing Hong showed that low temperatures and low relative humidity allowed the SARS virus to survive much longer than they would in high temperatures and humidity."

Edited by freestyle

5 minutes ago, Haecksler said:

Yes I can read and I can also understand. You obviously not. You even not bother to go through some of the forums and through expert literature. Otherwise you would not post this utter BS which is downplaying the real threat from this virus.

But go ahead and feel well smile and wave.

Go through forums? If you want to know anything about the Coronavirus, you don't read posts on forums. 90% of the posters haven't got a clue what they're talking about,incl you. Do you think you or other posters knows more than for example WHO? Wake up! 

4 hours ago, Fore Man said:

It turns out that what you say about Thailand’s medical practitioners is true. We have a Thai neurosurgeon and two well-connected nurses in my wife’s greater family.  They counseled today that this medical community at large is very connected via social messaging and the consensus is that if the infection rate was higher than what is being reported, they would know about it and raise a clamor. Our neurosurgeon advised me not to worry until he’s worried and that is something he does not predict will occur anytime soon.  This is a very bright and learned man and I place my faith in his seasoned judgment.

i must withdraw a portion of my original post in where I suggest that the true infection rate is far worse than the government is reporting. My bad.  But I stand by my thoughts that an emerging nation like Thailand deserves a medical professional to serve as its public health minister. I described this in that post as any modern nation would do so and a few posters have taken issue with this. Perhaps Thailand is not a modern nation in this sense and until they become one, they take a back seat in joining the world community in finding ways to thwart the novel coronavirus and similar contagions. Declining to close its borders to Chinese visitors as a preemptive measure is a major failure IMHO.

Thailand will never change until the culture of corruption is killed. No matter what a mans qualifications is , if he is Thai there is a very good chance that he will become corrupt when those big envelopes start passing in front of his eyes.  The proof is there, just look no further than the highly educated judiciary of Thailand and all the way down to the most lowly cop.

1 minute ago, freestyle said:

You're all mocking Thailand, but they'll probably get away with it, because a flu type of virus like this does not spread well in such a hot climate:
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/commentary/hot-climate-wuhan-virus-vaccine-12389694

"Studies done many years ago showed that the “regular” coronavirus (which is one of the causes of the common cold) can survive on surfaces 30 times longer in places with a temperature of 6 degrees Celsius compared to those where the temperature is 20 degrees Celsius and humidity levels are high.

More recently, scientists from Hong Kong University (HKU) including Professor Malik Peiris and Professor Seto Wing Hong showed that low temperatures and low relative humidity allowed the SARS virus to survive much longer than they would in high temperatures and humidity."

It still will survive for hours. And it only takes seconds to touch a buffet ravaged by spitting Chinese and touch your face. Never mind the people sneezing right at your face.

The issue is lacking education and unsanitary behaviour because of it. There's no lack of it in Thailand.

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

How do you know that he was healthy when he got infected? Where did you read that? Try reading something else than totally clueless thai newspapers and stop watching thai news on TV showing people how to wear a useless mask. 

Thai TV???

I all my years here it's something I've avoided. Obviously you do as you seem to know what content Thai TV has. I class Thai TV Facebook, Twitter etc etc the same as most SA wine. Not so much for laying down, more like laying down and avoiding.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fore Man said:

I think not soon...but it could happen of course if the infection rate starts to blossom.

I hope not becuse i am booked home to Brisbane in April. Could they refuse me entry or would they put me in quarantine.  I was put in quarantine in the UK a couple of years ago during the MERS scare. Eventually i convinced them that i had not been drinking Camel urine although i was expecting to have to drink something bordering it in the first English pub that i encountered.   ????????????  just joking !

5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

It still will survive for hours. And it only takes seconds to touch a buffet ravaged by spitting Chinese and touch your face. Never mind the people sneezing right at your face.

The issue is lacking education and unsanitary behaviour because of it. There's no lack of it in Thailand.

The temperature and humidity is an interesting point. Serious question. Do viruses in general have a strong affinity for water?

3 hours ago, mickey rat said:

The toxic air pollution is reason enough to where a mask in Thailand. I would not exercise my dog under these conditions much less expose my family, friends and countrymen. This place has gone to hell in a basket over the course of just a few short years. Incompetence and greed has it's consequences. 

Thank you, are you an expert regarding these face masks. If so please contact Mr Prayuth and educate him.

7 hours ago, Salerno said:

Seriously? How many countries have a "Minister for Health" that actually have a medical background? I'd be surprised if you needed more than one hand to count them on. 

By listening to their expert advisors.

In France, the Minister of Health, Agnès Buzyn spent most of her career as a hematologist clinician and academic at the University of Paris V-Hôpital Necker where she was responsible for the care unit. intensive adult hematology and bone marrow transplant from 1992 to 2011. But you are right in many countries not to say most, the minister of Health does not know anything about the subject it is incredible, at least I have learn someting with your answer!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Also our body is much less receptive for the virus in a hot climate (nasal mucus less vulnerable/receptive, etc....)

So in a hot climate you have 2 factors:
- surfaces carry less active virus
- our body is less receptive to the virus

So the amount of virus that is able to enter the body is much much lower in a hot climate.
This means that the ones that DO get infected in a hot climate will have less chance of dying.

I expect the nr of infected people in Thailand (and other tropical climates) to remain low and also have a lower death rate amongst the people that do get infected.

Edited by freestyle

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

The temperature and humidity is an interesting point. Serious question. Do viruses in general have a strong affinity for water?

Other Coronavirus aren’t able to cope with high temperatures or humidity and prefer cool, dry conditions to be able to survive outside the host. Whether the novel Coronavirus shares the same characteristics hasn’t been fully established, but it being a Coronavirus points to that.

• Thanks 1

Some more inflammatory posts, troll posts and replies have been removed. 

A post containing unattributed content has been removed as a screenshot of site is not a valid link, the reply was removed as well.  Please include a valid link to the source of information when posting. 

Edited by metisdead

16 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

I hope not becuse i am booked home to Brisbane in April. Could they refuse me entry or would they put me in quarantine.  I was put in quarantine in the UK a couple of years ago during the MERS scare. Eventually i convinced them that i had not been drinking Camel urine although i was expecting to have to drink something bordering it in the first English pub that i encountered.   ????????????  just joking !

Must have been castlemaine xxxx ????

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, freestyle said:

A lot of people mocking Thailand, but they'll probably get away with it, because a flu type of virus like this does not spread well in such a hot climate:

From what I have seen from some research; viruses are inactivated at temperatures between 60 °C and 65 °C, but more slowly than bacteria.
I assume that is the point at which the virus is totally degraded, but maybe it can degrade somewhat up until that temperature. Just like how snow doesn't melt all at once at a single moment, but I'm no scientist lol

Edited by ExpatLife
  • Like 1

"We are 100% in control of the situation," Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has been repeatedly saying to the public since the beginning of the outbreak.

So why are there now 32 cases when there were only about half a dozen when he first said it?

So everyone thinks its OK
Thailand is warm the virus survives less

Hmm.. AC  full blast airplanes new chinese trains 
3 hour immigration jams in airports
ac cinemas shopping malls 
etc etc etc

stay in the heat open air bars and at all costs avoid the 7/11

map.JPG

THose viruses are clever picking the ideal moment of the biggest migration of man CNY
Everywhere should be on lockdown
Singapore is coming up with the most cases because its a hub and many of the European cases originated in travelers coming through AC SINGAPORE 

Edited by andy72
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, sambum said:

"We are 100% in control of the situation," Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has been repeatedly saying to the public since the beginning of the outbreak.

So why are there now 32 cases when there were only about half a dozen when he first said it?

They are saying 33 now but do you believe a word that these lying Scoundrels say ?   Even my Thai Wife says they cannot be trusted !