Thailand keeps doors open to Chinese tourists

snoop1130

Just now, bkkgriz said:

In case y'all haven't been paying attention, in Thailand, money number one.

In case y'all haven't been paying attention, the number of cases in Singapore (Population 5.6 million) is 1.5 times as many as the number of cases in Thailand (population ~ 70 million)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Selatan said:

I think I understand why some countries didn't impose a total ban on Chinese tourists entering. I believe that once the crisis is over, China might only lift the ban on outbound tourist groups initially to those countries that have not imposed any ban. Those that had imposed a total ban might have to wait months or even years before they see any tourist groups arriving.

After all, currently, even without any ban, inbound Chinese tourists are not that many, so a total ban may not be such a good idea. China would remember who its true friends are and reward them accordingly.

North Korea now has likely cases... and they are one of the most closed borders in the world.  They will shoot people on site seen crossing the border without permission... which is likely where the cases came... across the border on the north.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Amid the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, Thailand has not restricted Chinese tourists from entering the kingdom

So , par consequence , Thai should be denied entry to a foreign country if they want to travel . By putting the profit above security in times of a virus outbreak , they should be considered ' unwanted aliens ' . Fair enough .

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 2