Thousands rally at Kasetsart University against government, warn bigger protests coming to Bangkok

rooster59

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

lets hope they don't use today's newly enacted law (effective today)  that says anyone can be forcefully detained if you are suspected of having Covid19.

Unless you are a Chinese tourist of course!

The problem is that there are many educated people in Bangkok who would love to join, but just are forbidden. My gf and her work colleagues have it in their work contracts to not express any political statements...neither in demonstrations nor online.

Anyway I hope that there will be enough brave and persistent 

people. It’s a step by step game. Once it reaches Middle 5-digit numbers it will also be on the international media. 

• Like 1

It's weird that posters some how think this protest is different if anything with a pro military PM any protests will be quashed faster than ever before 

This time is different? I don't think so. 

Sit back and watch a state of emergency and curfews imposed and some of us (not on this thread aparantly) know exactly what's coming 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

I never heard of that, talk about the land of the free that's an outrageous infringement of basic human rights. I wonder if that is really legal even here?

As it is around the world no doubt.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, faraday said:

Well done.????

*Stands & applauds*

I second that!  Lots of handy face masks to prevent problems that can now occur when large numbers of people meet in open spaces.

They may also help protect against a non political scourge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

YES... pop goes the Baht (selfish I know). I foresaw this sometime ago, one has to wait for the students to march then the rolling stone becomes an avalanche, it's the same all over the world. Politicians should pay heed when student bodies start murmaring, it never ends well for the politicians.

The baht never popped in the last coup even 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

My gf and her work colleagues have it in their work contracts to not express any political statements...neither in demonstrations nor online.

So what doesn't make it a legal document and the company is challenging freedom of speech and signing a document under the threat of being terminated which is duress and Would be thrown out in court. 

Besides that's just an excuse, what about the other 50 million what's there excuse? 

• Sad 1