What would you do if you get the virus?

ChipButty

7 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I’ll pay that one,and if I understand you correctly you plan to come and go at the same time!

If the nurse can coax some pearly action fair play to her, she should be earning more money.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I think I would feel safer at home self isolated and I dont like taking pharmaceutical drugs I also like the more natural remedies 

Did you know  Red radish are rich in Anthocyanins with a truly impressive list of health benefits. Not only excellent lung detoxifiers might start on them today 

for me chipbutty woulld depend on the severity,for example if the fever was very high and i could n't get it down,or my breathing became very difficult i think i would panic and get myself to a private hospital,other than that if it was just like flu symptoms i'd rest at home,drink plenty of fluids,take some paracetamol.Doing visa runs could be a problem though....what to do?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Doing the same at Makro Pattaya yesterday.

My wife is at Makro in Phuket right now she just told me they knocked someone back he was coughing and spluttering she said there was a big group of them they are kicking of at the staff for not letting him in, I would have knocked them all back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Die or survive, yeah, I'd probably self isolate. Eat lots of fruit. Eucalyptus oil is supposed to be good for lung infections. No way I'm going to a hospital unless I'm at death's door, you seen the prices they charge, just for a test? Money tree coming - I can just imagine how they'll milk it. Maybe, just maybe, this is one reason it's so under reported here.

• Like 1

I have the tools to monitor my vital signs. Food and medecine for a couple months. I would probably self isolate, fast, drink a lot of liquid and bone broth unless I see my life is threatened then I would call an ambulance. I'm actually more scared about going to the hospital than any sickness. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JWRC said:

The question is a bit like saying what would you do if you got cancer,

It happened to my wife 3 years ago within a week she was in hospital to remove the tumour, 

The big problem after that was the chemo I would never recommend that to anyone, thats a killer

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

It happened to my wife 3 years ago within a week she was in hospital to remove the tumour, 

The big problem after that was the chemo I would never recommend that to anyone, thats a killer

Did she live ?

11 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

My wife is at Makro in Phuket right now she just told me they knocked someone back he was coughing and spluttering she said there was a big group of them they are kicking of at the staff for not letting him in, I would have knocked them all back

I was sneezing quite a bit when I went in but the were taking a break and got in without being checked but when I saw them when I was at the atm and they were checking people I swear my throat started to tickle.If I’ve got it here in Yasothon it’s got to be all over the country and I would suspect it would have come through the schools as we have kids living with us that bring that kind of stuff home and ones is coughing and sputtering today.I’m in a village about 45km from the city and rarely go there.

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

So the chemo wasn't a killer then.... awesome to hear she fought that <deleted> and came out on top.

I should have said having chemo can be a killer she suffered more on that stuff

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I was sneezing quite a bit when I went in but the were taking a break and got in without being checked but when I saw them when I was at the atm and they were checking people I swear my throat started to tickle.If I’ve got it here in Yasothon it’s got to be all over the country and I would suspect it would have come through the schools as we have kids living with us that bring that kind of stuff home and ones is coughing and sputtering today.I’m in a village about 45km from the city and rarely go there.

Schools are breeding grounds one gets it they all get it

• Like 1

Every time we have gone out over the past few days somebody tells us of a case somewhere, a driver who drove tourists, a kid in local school today a person at pra pradeang. Could be all fake news hard to tell.

• Like 1

Living the rural life, I don't think I am in any great danger. Although visitors from the cities during Songran could pose a threat.

If I did display symptoms I would self isolate, live on chicken soup fortified with local herbs that my wife knows about and eat plenty of ginger, onions and garlic.

No hospital for me thank you. 

• Like 2

Know what’s funny? I was really sick 5 days ago. Went hospital 4 days ago and then yesterday even thought better because lungs really itchy. Did xray, blood test etc. doctor said I had nothing and just need to work out. (I’ve had fever and sore throat 4x last year, plus I work out about 10-20 min daily and travel a lot, including walk and carry heavy bags, over 15 countries past 3y, so that advice didn’t make any sense). Now my girlfriend is getting sick with whatever I had after staying with me two days... me still a bit sore throat but improving daily. She asked to take day off.. they refused to let her take day off because event today... in b4 soon we got even more people sick with what I have... so stupid when could be easily avoided. 

I suspect coronavirus will probably be a similar story to the above. Sick people wont stay home because not allowed by their bosses... that’s how it spreads, and doctors dont test for it unless high fever / traveling from risk countries.

Edited by Drax

23 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

You are more likely to contract something even worse than Covid19 at many Thai Hospitals.

My last visit had me lusting after ladyboys... I soon got over that though with a dose of sanity.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

31 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

OK you want better, then go to the local Bangkok Hospital, but expect a coronary when you get the bill.

I wouldnt disagree but seeing I carry insurance year around personally I'd have no qualms about walking into that one if I was concerned

Edited by Chivas

19 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Living the rural life, I don't think I am in any great danger. Although visitors from the cities during Songran could pose a threat.

If I was you i'd buy a shotgun.

• Haha 2

It really depends, if they told me I only have another week, I will leave quarantaine and hit Soi 6 to party and end it with a jump.
Meanwhile laughing at all the peeps being scared for nothing and fearless for what they should be scared of.

Edited by ChaiyaTH