Abortion rights face stern new test at conservative U.S. Supreme Court

webfact

On 3/2/2020 at 9:12 AM, Tug said:

Nop dident say or imply that is an assumption on your part

He's trying to make the issue black and white, when in reality there are a number of reasons that women seek abortions. 

Ultimately it should be each person's choice regarding the status of their own individual biology, including but not limited to pregnancy. Agreeing that voids all peripheral arguments. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

He's trying to make the issue black and white, when in reality there are a number of reasons that women seek abortions. 

Ultimately it should be each person's choice regarding the status of their own individual biology, including but not limited to pregnancy. Agreeing that voids all peripheral arguments. 

Spot on.

Doubly so for your last paragraph.

On 3/2/2020 at 4:20 PM, Nyezhov said:

No actually, scientifically, it's viable at 22 weeks. So there are plenty of babies being sucked out on a whim.

Now Kermit gosnell? There is your nightmare. How soon folks forget.

Okay...define "viable"!

I am talking a "baby" that is ready survive "by itself" - of course being fed and nurtured and cared for by the mother.

Not brought into "life" with a whatever small chance of survival and only if being attached to a bunch of machines and 27/7 medical assistance to even make it to the next day!

On 3/2/2020 at 4:56 PM, BritManToo said:

The world isn't overpopulated with Caucasians, we're dying out.

On 3/2/2020 at 5:06 PM, BritManToo said:

It doesn't seem to have worked, Caucasians used to account for over 50% of the worlds population, now we're down to 20% (and they've included Hispanics as Caucasians).

Have you any data to support your racist claims?

historically, peoples were known for nationality, not colour.... nationality, not religion... oh what a simpler time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

Okay...define "viable"!

I am talking a "baby" that is ready survive "by itself" - of course being fed and nurtured and cared for by the mother.

Not brought into "life" with a whatever small chance of survival and only if being attached to a bunch of machines and 27/7 medical assistance to even make it to the next day!

Well dude to me viable is my now 35 year old neice  who was born at 24 weeks and is now the mother of 4. Should she have been thrown on the trash heap to die?

Ya want to pull the plug on old folks too?

Personally, I beleive that any abortion after after 32 weeks is nothing more that infanticide. I dont think I am alone in that belief.

But back to Kermit, the poster boy for legal late term abortion. Tell us how you feel about that? Are there more Kermits in the minority communities we dont know about?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Yes. Her choice, not yours.

So then when the kid is two days old and it cries, its her choice to strangle the little carpet crawler. Thats OK?

Whats the difference between an annoying 8 monther in the womb and a one monther in the crib? Neither could survive on their own.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well dude to me viable is my now 35 year old neice  who was born at 24 weeks and is now the mother of 4. Should she have been thrown on the trash heap to die?

Personally, I beleive that any abortion after after 32 weeks is nothing more that infanticide. I dont think I am alone in that belief.

But back to Kermit, the poster boy for legal late term abortion. Tell us how you feel about that? Are there more Kermits in the minority communities we dont know about?

How many late term abortions are conducted for anything other than medical necessity?

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

So then when the kid is two days old and it cries, its her choice to strangle the little carpet crawler. Thats OK?

Whats the difference between an annoying 8 monther in the womb and a one monther in the crib? Neither could survive on their own.

Hyperbole nonsense.

Where do the holier-than-thou's stand in cases where men who have anonymously donated to sperm banks find themselves years later being traced and persued for alimony?

Why have I yet to hear of a single case in the other direction involving a woman who donated an egg?

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

24 weeks is not 22 weeks. Difference between viable and non viable. Even at 22 weeks abortions should only be done for sound reasons. Rape victims and badly deformed foetuses. Ouite agree on an abortion at 32 weeks.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

Where do the holier-than-thou's stand in cases where men who have anonymously donated to sperm banks find themselves years later being traced and persued for alimony?

Why have I yet to hear of a single case in the other direction involving a woman who donated an egg?

So you thought it a good idea to switch from your off topic race issues to your off topic women issues.

What an utter mess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So you thought it a good idea to switch from your off topic race issues to your off topic women issues.

What an utter mess.

If the board had any doubt as to my 'holier-than-thou'....

(How did you get on behind the black curtains?)

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 1:22 AM, Nyezhov said:

I guess that means you are just fine with abortions at 31.5 weeks, right?

On 3/1/2020 at 9:06 PM, Lipoman said:

I am Pro-Choice:  a woman's choice to have OR to not have an abortion. 

A woman's choice to have an abortion is between her, the man who got her pregnant, and her doctor.   Ultimately, an abortion is her decision. 

A woman's choice to have OR to not have an abortion is no other person's business except the aforementioned individuals.  

For those of you who are so adamantly against abortion, please tell us how many orphaned children you have adopted?

Judging by your firm position opposing abortion,  I presume you've adopted at least four orphans, yes?   Using a simple example, 10-million orphaned children means 2.5-million of you anti-abortionists have adopted four children to bring into your homes, yes? 

If you anti-abortionists haven't adopted this many children and brought them into your homes, then why are so concerned when a woman chooses to have an abortion?  If you're not adopting four children, then you won't be adopting the non-aborted fetuses, will you? 

Bottom line, an abortion is the woman's choice with consultation from the man who got her pregnant and her doctor. 

That's the current law in the USA. 

Abortion is good, it's righteous, and it is none of your business what a woman does, abort OR not abort her pregnancy.

I'm surprised you were able to get the time to make this post with all the homeless people you must have living with you.

• Confused 1

Let's be honest. Abortion is for losers. What kind of trash basically tells a baby, "sorry kid, now isn't a good time. You're gonna have to die." That said, let losers get abortions legally. And as with any other elective medical procedure, they should pay for however many abortions they want.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

I guess that means you are just fine with abortions at 31.5 weeks, right?

Whatever the medical consensus is is fine with me. If folks want to abort tadpoles, thats OK.

• Thanks 1