Trump says U.S. economy could take hit from coronavirus

webfact

Yes, of course coronavirus is dumb. Here in the US, it is being promoted by the "WE GOTTA GET TRUMP!" people. The fact is, in the US, you are 2,500 times more likely to die from a medical mistake than coronavirus. Obviously, any of us who think rationally could add all kinds of stats that show how small the risk is versus everyday risks we're exposed to.

It will pass and the markets will recover.

But I must admit, it's funny watching people virtually cheer for a virus.

Edited by Crazy Alex
additional info
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

There's the money statement. Honestly, we could have a giant meteor his and kill thousands as well. Perspective.

Well I'll leave your guesstimates to you a random bloke of the internet and The Genius Donald. I prefer the experts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, URMySunshine said:

Well I'll leave your guesstimates to you a random bloke of the internet and The Genius Donald. I prefer the experts. 

I prefer reality myself. "Could be as many as...." is NOT an estimate nor reality. Surely you can see this, yes?

The fact is, an American is far more likely to die from the common flu and 2,500 times more likely to die from a medical mistake. So yes, I do prefer reality, facts and statistics. I am not sure what you are talking about with random people and Trump promises. There is enough data available for a rational person to calculate what, if any risk, they are at.

Edited by Crazy Alex

2 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

I prefer reality myself. "Could be as many as...." is NOT an estimate nor reality. Surely you can see this, yes?

The fact is, an American is far more likely to die from the common flu and 2,500 times more likely to die from a medical mistake. So yes, I do prefer reality, facts and statistics. I am not sure what you are talking about with random people and Trump promises. There is enough data available for a rational person to calculate what, if any risk, they are at.

Where do you get that from? Which tweet from Trump? Lol!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Here is the Master's Voice...

Trump says his 'natural talent' for science is thanks to his late 'super genius' uncle John

He spoke of his purported grasp of science on Friday, saying: ‘I like this stuff. I really get it.

‘People are surprised that I understand it.

Daily Mail

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

wifey is currently cursing expletives towards her iPad... she's on some thai news site; that just showing 2 things:

Iran is now loudly cursing the States as the creator of this... Trump is the only one with the guts to stand up to - and Directly responding to the Iraninnies to 'stop it!!' and go look at China, as to where it was developed.

And then it went on (thru wifey...)  about how the genesis of the Chinese CorporateVirus was all about focussing on aiming the virus at eliminating the HongKong dissident population... and towards Japan to act out the jealousy against Japan for getting the Olympics. 

The Japan/Chinese hatred just got bigger 

51 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

It seems Trump and his minions are absolutely overwhelmed with paranoia right now.  Where on Earth did you get this "WE GOTTA GET TRUMP" nonsense?  No one has, or ever will, blame Trump for the COVID.  Some may blame him for his inept response and fact-free proclamations.  But come on.  I'm a Trump-hater from way back and I've never thought about the COVID/Trump connection...until you guys keep bringing it up.

Yes his response has been predictably horrible. 

Because as with everything it's all about him. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-coronavirus-response-squandered-time/2020/03/07/5c47d3d0-5fcb-11ea-9055-5fa12981bbbf_story.html

Squandered time: How the Trump administration lost control of the coronavirus crisis

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Both confirm Berkshire' statement. Trump is not to blame for the virus, but the administration's preparation and actions are inept.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Actually the figures were described as his "best guess", which of course is synonymous with an estimate. Of course it is his best guess given currently available information. He did say it is likely, even certain, that the information will change, in what ways we know not, and how that will affect his current best guess is unknown.

8 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Hey Alex here’s a little reality for you China closed their country and shut down their economy just shut it down now I have no love for their government but this I know they are realists and pragmatic I’m not panicked but I and my family are preparad I suggest you do the same and here in the USA facts and data are hard to come by seem someone trying to keep that from us because he’s afaraid it will make him look bad

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Tug said:

Hey Alex here’s a little reality for you China closed their country and shut down their economy just shut it down now I have no love for their government but this I know they are realists and pragmatic I’m not panicked but I and my family are preparad I suggest you do the same and here in the USA facts and data are hard to come by seem someone trying to keep that from us because he’s afaraid it will make him look bad

Now northern Italy is also being shutdown (16 millions peoples). 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

Here is the Master's Voice...

Trump says his 'natural talent' for science is thanks to his late 'super genius' uncle John

He spoke of his purported grasp of science on Friday, saying: ‘I like this stuff. I really get it.

‘People are surprised that I understand it.

Daily Mail

Up until those words, the most cringeworthy utterance by an American president had to be during the Ford-Carter debate in 1976, when Gerald Ford not only claimed that Poland was not a Communist country under the control of the Soviet Union, but, when given the chance by a questioner to clarify his remarks, insisted he was correct the first time. Trump has just blown that moment out of the water. Claiming he should have been an epidemiologist because he had inherited the genius for it from his uncle, who, btw, worked in physics. Poor Uncle John, I doubt he could ever imagine that his idiot nephew would disgrace his name like this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

But, if the infection spreads, and bad things happen, it will be entirely the fault of Obama! Maybe we did not prepare enough. Maybe we did not start creating test kits with urgency 30-45 days ago, and maybe we did not give the emergency funding congress was begging for, before it was too late. But, none of that is my fault. I am very, very smart. And I do not make mistakes. At least, I do not make mistakes I later confess to. That is just who I am. I put the best man possible in charge. Mike is really smart too. And he knows alot!

Do you have a favorite WH job?  You just made the short list for the next replacement Donnie will need.  The toxic environment over there seems to lead to a short life span in the Trump orbit.

No matter what is being done or who is wright and who is wrong,this virus is traveling

all over the planet and it can not be contained.Just look at where it is and how fast it is spreading.Act accordingly,it will visit your family and maybe even you.

I would love to see the secret memo the world leaders have received.

They know more than we do,if it is just a flu bug then why all the (near) panic?

If places are being blocked it also means transport is standing still.

You know what that means right?No food and supplies being available.

Be afraid,be very afraid!!

I hope i am wrong but the way it is going is not good.

• Like 1