Thai woman from S Korea fails to go into self-quarantine, visits tourist places instead

webfact

18 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Good call, but, that would mean Thai reporting another Thai. Not sure this whould happen.

Right.. i mean the witch hunt for this woman never happened .. i mean that was done by Thais. So a Thai not reporting an other Thai will be done too. People are paranoid enough about this virus.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, kotsak said:

an example of why self-quarantine is a joke when the word responsibility doesn't compute for the populace.

Thais and responsible really dont go into the same sentence.

Its just another example of the Thai Me, Me, Me, attitude that exists in so many in todays Society.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Good call, but, that would mean Thai reporting another Thai. Not sure this whould happen.

Lol, the entire country immediately turned against this woman, she's lucky she wasn't lynched and she's deleted her online accounts and gone into hiding.

If the people in the nightspots she went to knew about her status at the time we would be reading a very different story right now.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Her neighbour was upset and worried after the woman posted photos on her Facebook page of her visiting many places after her return from South Korea. In some pictures, she is even shown in crowded areas. The post suddenly vanished after many people angrily commented about her responsibility to society.

In control my ar**e !

Thais don't give a rats about self quarantine!

• Like 2

Not surprised. I've written as much here before. All the Thai born high and low think the law applies to everyone but themselves. They truly do not understand that the law is only to backstop what should be done in civil society. It's not the limits to which one can go without being put in jail. Yet even that they don't understand.

• Like 1

Any businesses affected by people defying self quarantine instructions should sue those idiots.  

Claims:

Loss of business

Cleaning

Ongoing losses from stigma

Staff wages from staff sent home

Pain and suffering 

If they are found to be positive and a direct correlation made to subsequent transfer of infections, then each victim should sue that person as well.  

Assets seizures and ongoing debt liability, passport cancellations, fines and imprisonment (after virus free) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

It has already happened. Read the OP.

Expect more of. The Thai people I know are taking this very seriously.

Edited by emptypockets
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, robblok said:

Self quarantine will never work and imposed quarantine (for everyone from risk countries) is not done by any country besides China I think. 

Imposed has been used in Australia for those back from China and the diamond Princess passengers as well.

On 3/6/2020 at 11:20 AM, robblok said:

Self quarantine will never work and imposed quarantine (for everyone from risk countries) is not done by any country besides China I think. 

Nonsensical comment. Self-quarantine is being done in most countries and all over Europe. Whether it is more effective or not depends on the individuals quarantined, whether they break their quarantines or not. It is in most countries based upon trust, at least up until the point where cities and villages gets shut down and isolated with military force (such as in China, Italy and Iran). If they stay quarantined then its obvious it is more effective than having unnecessarily amount of potentially infected people in and around hospitals. One of the biggest problems when the virus began spreading in Europe was doctors and nurses becoming infected. Just in Norway alone, over hundred hospital workers are in self-quarantine and several has been confirmed infected. It's currently only the severely ill, and children and elderly that are moderately to severely ill that are being isolated in hospitals for observation. Even if it turns out to be less effective, there's simply not enough capacity in hospitals to isolate that many.

12 hours ago, HOAX said:

Nonsensical comment. Self-quarantine is being done in most countries and all over Europe. Whether it is more effective or not depends on the individuals quarantined, whether they break their quarantines or not. It is in most countries based upon trust, at least up until the point where cities and villages gets shut down and isolated with military force (such as in China, Italy and Iran). If they stay quarantined then its obvious it is more effective than having unnecessarily amount of potentially infected people in and around hospitals. One of the biggest problems when the virus began spreading in Europe was doctors and nurses becoming infected. Just in Norway alone, over hundred hospital workers are in self-quarantine and several has been confirmed infected. It's currently only the severely ill, and children and elderly that are moderately to severely ill that are being isolated in hospitals for observation. Even if it turns out to be less effective, there's simply not enough capacity in hospitals to isolate that many.

Who brings food to the people in quarantine.. its not as if there is no contact at all. People live with other people (or will whole families get kicked out of houses). So self quarantine is not something that really works

45 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

I thought I read somewhere the government has enacted a law to punish those that a returning from O/S and do not comply with the quarantine requirements.   Some people are bad, bad, bad!  ????

Thais and laws. Might just as well fart downwind. Zero enforcement and a stubborn and stupid population.

• Like 1