Thai woman from S Korea fails to go into self-quarantine, visits tourist places instead

webfact

29 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thais-returning-from-high-risk-areas-to-face-legal-action-if-they-dont-self-quarantine/

Thais returning from high-risk areas to face legal action if they don’t self-quarantine

I hope any Italians or Iranians that don't quarantine themselves get man hunted and media hunted in the same way... Better yet, I wish they would just stay home, but some forums show that Italians are still going ahead with flying to Thailand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

2 people returning to Australia from Thailand have been diagnosed with the virus.  

Any official news story on this, or is it just someone's random post on the likes of Facebook? 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Many news pages did this, you should complain to every single one of them.

You could start with this one, they belong to the same company as Thaivisa: https://www.nationtv.tv/main/content/378764605/

I haven't seen many news pages doing this and I'm not going to go looking either I strongly disapprove of this kind of witch hunting that could endanger the lives of those unfortunate to find themselves the target of such cowardly behaviour.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Any official news story on this, or is it just someone's random post on the likes of Facebook? 

Official news on one person but I've not heard about a second "The man has recently returned to Brisbane from Thailand" 

https://7news.com.au/travel/coronavirus/two-more-people-diagnosed-with-coronavirus-in-queensland-bringing-state-to-13-cases-c-731441

2 hours ago, kotsak said:

an example of why self-quarantine is a joke when the word responsibility doesn't compute for the populace.

I would expect the same lack of responsibility from any tourist coming to Thailand from a high risk country. How many will hole themselves up in their hotel room for the duration of their stay? The problrem at the moment is that airlines wont refund tickets if the flight itself hasnt been cancelled. No excuses from returing Thais though. 

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

2 people returning to Australia from Thailand have been diagnosed with the virus.  

quite confusing, are you sure they returned from LOS? because Prayut had everything under control .... 47 cases= 30 returned home, 15 still under observation and 1 dead and 1 missing

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Nanny Sweetice...….Cute name! Sick attitude!

I know right, imagine going to work as a prostitute in SKorea, then coming back to Chiang Mai and hitting the nightclubs straight off the planes. Talk about party girl.

Disgusting.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Mung said:

Now that really speaks volumes, Australia actually tests people.

Most recent online update from ABC Australia says the following: 

Vodafone's national headquarters in North Sydney was shut yesterday after an employee returned from Japan with flu-like symptoms. A spokeswoman for Vodafone said the person had now tested negative and the headquarters would reopen on Monday. It came as three of the company's stores in Perth were closed yesterday and staff sent home after an employee came back from Indonesia feeling unwell. The stores today reopened, but all staff affected were told to stay home and a fresh batch of staff were brought in to run the shops, while they waited for the employee's test results.

No mention in the article about Australians returning from Thailand, however.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-06/coronavirus-shuts-vodafone-shops-workplaces-send-employees-home/12033132

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I don't get it.  Unless Thailand orders everybody to self quarantine for 14 days, I cannot see it making any difference. And then if that applied to tourists, anybody who came for less then 14 days would be in a room for their entire holiday !

The point is they don't ban anyone from coming which would cause diplomatic issues, they make it very inconvenient on an individual level to discourage people from coming.

If you really want to come then you can choose to jump through the hoops and it can be done - does that sound like a familiar process?

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

look for the announcement for a phone number to report people who you think have broken their self quarantine.

Good call, but, that would mean Thai reporting another Thai. Not sure this whould happen.

• Haha 1