Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweets that 'coronavirus panic is dumb'

rooster59

I still don’t know why toilet paper is sooooo important, can anyone tell me ?. Food yes, batteries yes, a road map on paper yes but a loo roll no.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, PJPom said:

I still don’t know why toilet paper is sooooo important, can anyone tell me ?. Food yes, batteries yes, a road map on paper yes but a loo roll no.

Unless you were going to Cornwall, then a Looe roll on a map.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

He's right.  The media has caused mass panic.  Geez in Australia the shelves have been stripped of dunny roll, rice, pasta, sugar, flour, long life milk, canned foods and the list goes on.  It's mass hysteria fights in supermarkets and police even tazing people to break up brawls.

and what makes it worse is that these poor souls who have been driven to panic by the media really have no idea what to do.  There has been no real information about what to do except "call or visit your doctor".  I am sure the receptionist loves that idea.  Think about all of the folks who live in townhouse complexes.  How do they react to the proximity of their neighbour?  Fear is an incredible driving force and those that we look to for leadership are singing away in a cult somewhere.  My advice, live what life you have, catch the virus and pray that you live through it though even if you do I have a feeling that the world will no longer be the same place.

• Like 2

Someone whose rocket just exploded and whose TSLA stock has plummeted is calling something dumb. Why is a man whose public reactions to world events are so transparently self-serving considered such a genius? Musk is easier to read than a children's book.

Edited by Roy Baht
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Agree no point in panicking, the Genie is out of the bottle, but there are a number of things one can do to reduce the risk until this virus dies out, but for most of us all we are doing is delaying getting it.

The good news is for many they hardly feel unwell which is causing a big problem in containing it, the bad news it is a killer for 1-2% of those who get it.

As for panic buying, I do not have to worry about loo rolls as my mum who passed away last year forsaw this and I still have a years stock of loo rolls and tissues, as for hand gels that is a big problem, we had loads lying around the house that careers had left lying around but I had a big clear up after mum passed away and only had two 20ml bottles left which I have nearly depleted and every shop seems to be sold out of them.