How Many People on This Forum Have the Flu or a Cold Now?

NCC1701A

Had one two weeks ago. Fever 39degrees on one day and headache with mild fever for a week.

The most bothering was visiting the loo every hour dumping just fluids.

All over since a week now.

No running nose but dizzyness, bells and horn sounds and turning. (Mid ear infection?)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Only flu in Thailand. We all ok Chiang Mai, haven't heard anybody with flu symptoms. Few about with runny mouths though.

In CM, had flu since mid Jan when I flew to Saigon.

Coughing has finished, never had fever, terrible ear ache from blocked tubes at the start, and again now.

Family all had it too, after me, but they had serious fever and recovered after 2 weeks.

Would rather have had fast and debilitating than mild and lingering.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

About three weeks back the BBC reported that in a normal year approximately 1,000 people in UK die from the ordinary Flu virus.

So 1,000/12 times 2 (Jan/Feb)means at least 166 have passed away this year.

I understand 5 have now passed away in UK with the C19.

I have sneezed, had a runny nose but feel fine, just the normal cool season to warm season event.

john

• Like 2

2 hours ago, saengd said:

It seems as though people are using the word flu to include a cold, they are very different things. Flu usually involves sever muscle/joint aches and a fever over 100 F and chills.

Yes, I have a cold at present, runny nose, headache, blocked ears.

I think the official definition of man flu = cold

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Man flu isnt something to joke about, anything more than a sniffle is man flu and its a very serious debilitating illness, you really should be confined to bed, with a bell, chicken soup and sympathy on demand. Often a good idea to get your affairs in order and prepare to meet your maker.

"man flu" isn't real flu, it describes an illness men and women get when it's basically a minor cold and are so lightweight they phone in sick at work, but by claiming it's flu it adds weight they think.

Proper flu is a whole different ball game and you know when it hits you

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I had something last week...no fever but strange one nostril running continuousy for 4 days...never mooved to second side of nose as all colds previously had done...no sore throat before the cold symptoms...took about 10 days to fully clear...more annoying than anything...who knows...not my typical cold which has had the same symptoms since my teens

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I am just curious. Forget about Covid19. How many of you are experiencing typical cold or flu symptoms? 

Headache, mild sore throat, cough, runny nose.

I and the wife have had it for a week now (getting better but not good yet).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GeorgeCross said:

it's gonna take NCC1701A quite a while to get his 'affairs' in order

who's to know? - they might be Emotional Affairs!

( no body contact required)

get in the SUN...Vitamin D all-day!!!  Do NOT exercise, rest, and ...  well, the bad news is that you will know soon if it's something you've never had before.  if so, go to the hospital.   We've all had the flu a lot, so you should know if it's "normal".   Corona isn't normal, I've read it makes you feel much, much worse.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Interesting article on BBC currently about why healthy people are dying from this virus, they've been analysing the patients and think it's they have other bacterial and viral infections at the same time only detected by further testing

A small study indicated that ASIANS that smoke or that have smoked in the past are more vulnerable to the effects of the virus.

Hello Uncle. 

Sound same coronavirus symptom. Lot of USA have it now. Is terrible.

You must self isolate now. Stay home alone for 14 day. 

85%+ of the death coronavirus is the elderly. 60 year up.

Please do not spread corona to the local people. 

Good luck, hope you can live more.

• Confused 2

Picked up a nasty flu virus on a trip to Sri Lanka last year. Spent two days in hospital when I got back to Phuket. The symptoms started in earnest when I arrived at Colombo Airport to fly back and I probably infected others on my flight. It ain't like a cold! I'd be quite worried if the same thing happened now.