Good time to abandon the TM 30

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Who told you that. Perhaps you local office does not require one.

I think you might be confusing TM278 address reporting with TM30 reporting.

CW. It has been widely reported that they don't ask for the TM30 anymore when doing extensions. 

There were a recent thread on this site. Surely you must have seen it.

9 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

CW. It has been widely reported that they don't ask for the TM30 anymore when doing extensions. 

There were a recent thread on this site. Surely you must have seen it.

That's true but I think there is something like 70 immigration offices. Some are pedantic about it. Thinking CM might be an example. I do yearly extensions at CW. 

Apart from little hissy fit the tm30 had a year back (even at CW) basically not required. 

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That's true but I think there is something like 70 immigration offices. Some are pedantic about it. Thinking CM might be an example. I do yearly extensions at CW. 

Apart from little hissy fit the tm30 had a year back (even at CW) basically not required. 

I assure you. It is required in Roi et. 

5 hours ago, PhonThong said:

If the Thai government was ever looking for a face saving move to abandon the TM-30, this is it. With the Coronavirus outbreak, it only makes sense now to stop the foolishness of it and get rid of it. 

After 80 Thai workers from Korea just went missing, the only thing they might do is to tighten reporting requirements.

This could mean that they will try to enforce TM27 for foreigners, and that they try to enforce that Thai people are registered where they are actually living.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Who told you that. Perhaps you local office does not require one.

I think you might be confusing TM27 address reporting with TM30 reporting.

Joe do you know if Ubon Immigration are still wanting farang to report after a couple of nights away from the home address?

I am guessing this but probably their standpoint is : Strange the foreigner doesn’t Seem to like the feeling of being tracked and traced 24/7 and to loose lots of their time on this matter. So that’s obviously suspicious about why they don't like this. Good that there is the TM30 to find out more about this !

29 minutes ago, findlay13 said:

Joe do you know if Ubon Immigration are still wanting farang to report after a couple of nights away from the home address?

As far as I know they still want a TM30 report if you stayed in a hotel that reported your stay.

3 hours ago, kimchibob said:

Flew in from the Philippines last night, so went to Immigration (Jomtien) today to file a TM30.  Just out of curiosity, I asked the IO if a TM30 is required when returning to a long established address.  I got a resounding YES from all 3 ladies at desk 10.  So there you have it, this the policy at one office at this point in  time.  Admittedly, that could change  this afternoon, tomorrow, or next week.  BTW, most people were paying fines.  The average seemed to be about ฿1300.

Discount fines, normally ranges 1500 to 1600 baht.

Seems to vary depending on which office my local one love it,cos they fine you regardless saying they never got it,or the report if you do it at the police station does not count,no one ever gets a reciept ,thats why i am going to Pattaya through an agent will cost only slightly more as i have money in bank,4 times i have been to change my address at my local immigration yet the letters still go back to my old adress!

Had IOs turn up at my house yesterday. I had just done my visa extension and bought a multi entry stamp as well. I gave them my dates I was leaving Thailand. So I'm abroad and they still turn ip. They said checking all foreigners and where they live. In the North. A bit stupid possible going house to house with possibility if catching and spreading the Virus. Left hand not knowing what the right is doing as they know I'm not there. Took a photo of my wife and son. 

Wife asked about having to go into their office to do a TM30 on my return. They have no idea about safety. No answer. 

• Confused 1

I read/heard some offices are less strict now than they were last year. Definitely no more TM30s required if you are traveling within the country (at some offices). Also, I have seen the notices where it states that tourists and anyone on a temporary visa is exempt.

Only expats may still be required to comply, but only if they're on an extension of stay.

Non-imm O, B multi-entry, no need. Besides, if you have no dealings with immigration, no one will know or care whether you've done one or not. I've never done one and never will, as long as I remain on the visa I'm on.

Edited by drbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

After 80 Thai workers from Korea just went missing, the only thing they might do is to tighten reporting requirements.

This could mean that they will try to enforce TM27 for foreigners, and that they try to enforce that Thai people are registered where they are actually living.

TM28 is as good as dead, according to a Canadian lawyer in Isarn and some articles i've read in the English language Thai press. TM30 is still around, but depending on your immigration office, it's back to the status quo of yesteryear. Some want TM30s for every night spend outside your home province (although this is difficult to enforce), others just for when you come back from abroad. Others still, not at all. This changes almost everyday so it's impossible to keep up with what this office does today and what another office will do tomorrow.

Just now, drbeach said:

TM28 is as good as dead, according to a Canadian lawyer in Isarn and some articles i've read in the English language Thai press. TM30 is still around, but depending on your immigration office, it's back to the status quo of yesteryear. Some want TM30s for every night spend outside your home province (although this is difficult to enforce), others just for when you come back from abroad. Others still, not at all. This changes almost everyday so it's impossible to keep up with what this office does today and what another office will do tomorrow.

TM27 and TM28 are two different forms