Scorching temperatures, thunder and HAIL to hit Thailand this week

webfact

Scorching temperatures, thunder and HAIL to hit Thailand this week

we.jpg

File photo

Thailand’s Meteorological Department has forecast a sharp rise in temperatures nationwide over the next couple of days.

Weather forecasters say temperatures will climb to 41C for large parts of the country on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The scorching conditions could then spark thunderstorms, isolated showers and even hail by the end of the week.

People have been warned to secure property while farmers have been warned of possible damage to crops, as well as increased risk of lightning strikes.

On Tuesday and Wednesday (10 and 11 March), people in the North, Northeast and Central regions have been told to brace themselves for “hot and very hot” weather, with temperatures to reach between 37-41C.

Elsewhere, including Bangkok, temperatures are set to hit between 34-38C.

From Wednesday and over the weekend, isolated thunderstorms are forecast nationwide.

While Thailand officially entered its summer or ‘hot’ season on 29 February, the increased temperatures expected this week are not normally forecast for another month or so, which is the peak of the summer season. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-10
  • Haha 1

The temperatures are not the only thing scorching, the air pollution is also off the charts! 2.5 PM air pollution was over 300 AQI in the north this morning!???? Never mind Coronavirus, the tourists will need to bring there own gas masks! 

• Like 1

Morning temp is in the low 20's were I am.  Took the dogs for a walk about 6:15 am and it was a bit chilly with the smoke ladden air blowing over my uncovered shoulders & arms.  Now laying on the banana lounge under the house Mid Arvo the fan is blowing hot air...but now less smokey.

Edited by Grumpy John
Smelling

26 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Although places in the Middle East hit the mid-to-high 40s for a short time I've read that, on a year-round basis, Bangkok is the hottest city in the world.

Yes but that's by average temperature.

22 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Combined with the drought .. maybe I should open up a camel farm.

1.jpg

I would buy another brand of camels though, not those lazy barstewards that you have to drag uphill while you can also sit on it....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fruitman said:
33 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Although places in the Middle East hit the mid-to-high 40s for a short time I've read that, on a year-round basis, Bangkok is the hottest city in the world.

Yes but that's by average temperature.

Yes. That's what is meant by year-round basis.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes. That's what is meant by year-round basis.

Well to be precise BKK is the hottest city by average temperature measured dag and night...it's the hot nights all year around which are rare on the world.

1 minute ago, trainman34014 said:

Why not ?   They Invade and Bomb the rest of it often enough !

I am showing my age, back when I was young the yanks were hopeless about the world geography. Even the average tourist now knows there is a world outside of USA.

• Thanks 1