Thansettakij columnist hits govt over ‘failed’ mask distribution

webfact

The events of the last few weeks and the sever shortages in the markets only comes to illustrate how fragile and unprepared economies around the world are who largely relied on peaceful good times to keep the supply lines going, but in the event of the smaller disruption or panic the shortfall, hopelessness and failure of the supply lines are all bare to see...

• Like 1

I reckon something like this could well be the catalyst for something much bigger, people have learned to live with thievery but playing with lives is something else entirely.....people may have badly misjudged the impacts here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I think that they have just put their feet on the accelerator.

Currently the saver for this mob of pretend politicians is the low death rate ( if true numbers are being reported), otherwise there could be some really angry people out there looking for blood. 

4 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

A very brave reporter....presumably he/she will be forced to write "attitude adjustment" a thousand times in the not too distant future.

Ppffft. Everyone in thailand forced “attitude adjustment”. You imagine can control the thai people. Look. 

First video is Boy, with the mask. Real story.

This is actor Jiab, copy him and mock him. So funny!! 

Show your thai friend, will laugh so much. 55555555

And look same!!!! 555555555555497311E8-970C-4122-8C35-498F0D7F6938.jpeg.9ed1b37ed94bb647f5097b600b61701e.jpeg

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Pfffft.

this story big news for 4 days already. Turn on the TV now. Everyone show. Talk about it many station, on radio. Every newspaper.

And 20 million talk about it social media. Actors make parody video etc etc.

Doctors post social media mock them, nurses, everyone. 

Can trick the election. But can not control the Thai people.

Social media get this story first. The “officials” go to the factory and demanding all the mask. Then doctor have no mask. The “officials” sell them to China. Make millions profit.

The factory worker post on social already.

And they sell bad quality mask to thai people that breathe the particle, because it broken easily. 

i post the link about this before but the mod remove it because Thai language.  (Sorry, I can not find English one)

Can trick the election. But can not control the Thai people.

this is just beyond words.

these says very hard to hide large scale crimes.

cameras everywhere.

social media can't be controlled, such a shame .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thansettakij columnist hits govt over ‘failed’ mask distribution

Been much more successful at hording masks and lining their pockets. ???? 

Fortunately we stocked up before hand due to the horrendous, totally preventable, air pollution they subject the citizenry to here. ????

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

Currently the saver for this mob of pretend politicians is the low death rate ( if true numbers are being reported), otherwise there could be some really angry people out there looking for blood. 

Yes..however such anger can be conveniently directed elsewhere which the present gov't has actually been doing for almost 6 years so the population is well prepped..

"Foreigners" of one sort or another-or all- fit the bill rather nicely.

Be careful what you wish for if the whole house of cards comes trumblin' down.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Failed mask distribution, what else can people expect from the bunch of failures who ARE SLOWLY DESTROYING THE COUNTRY.

great post Colin, only 1 word I don't agree with and appreciate if you could replace it.... replace SLOWLY with FAST  555

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

The events of the last few weeks and the sever shortages in the markets only comes to illustrate how fragile and unprepared economies around the world are who largely relied on peaceful good times to keep the supply lines going, but in the event of the smaller disruption or panic the shortfall, hopelessness and failure of the supply lines are all bare to see...

And I am sure that once the Covid 19 Virus is eradicated, many , many Companies will be looking at their Supply Chains, and restructuring them. This will mean many Plant Closures in China and SE Asia as the sub assemblies / parts are bought back home, where controls can be easily implemented

34 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes..however such anger can be conveniently directed elsewhere which the present gov't has actually been doing for almost 6 years so the population is well prepped..

"Foreigners" of one sort or another-or all- fit the bill rather nicely.

Be careful what you wish for if the whole house of cards comes trumblin' down.

Not too sure that the overall population is really anti-foreigner, sure there has been a major push from some quarters in an effort to discredit foreigners (not misplaced in some cases), but overall I can't see it as many locals benefit from the likes of you and I and many many others. 

6 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Not too sure that the overall population is really anti-foreigner, sure there has been a major push from some quarters in an effort to discredit foreigners (not misplaced in some cases), but overall I can't see it as many locals benefit from the likes of you and I and many many others. 

Hmm...

But it is "some quarters" that I am interested in.

The overall population cannot even vote in a meaningful election.

44 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

Can't trick the Thai population you say?

The Thai population has been tricked for years now, each and every day.

"Every nation gets the government it deserves" - Joseph de Maistre

They call themselves a 'Tolerant Society'.   Fact is they are so lazy it's easier every day to say 'Mai pen rai' and keep picking their noses !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1