No reason to panic, PM Prayut says, as people stock up on supplies

webfact

32 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

They will never stop the cock fighting, they were all there yesterday in the village, shouting and bawling together, i can hear them a kilometer away.

Those lady Boys Brawling again?

8 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Luckily here they have got the bum gun as toilet paper is a valuable and rare commodity nowadays in Europe.  

A friend of mine in Australia (with thai wife) has purchased bum guns from local hardware store and is installing same.

Impossible to buy toilet paper there with physical fights breaking out in the aisles amongst shoppers.

CRAZY

(Luckily my 3 toilets at home here....northern suburbs Bangkok. . all have them plus a 500 gallon water storage tank and pressure pump)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

A friend of mine in Australia (with thai wife) has purchased bum guns from local hardware store and is installing same.

Impossible to buy toilet paper there with physical fights breaking out in the aisles amongst shoppers.

CRAZY

(Luckily my 3 toilets at home here....northern suburbs Bangkok. . all have them plus a 500 gallon water storage tank and pressure pump)

What no COTTO Bidet, with a warm water flow, a warm seat, and then warm air to dry your tush afterwards......sounds to me like life is rough and soft toilet paper needed.....

• Haha 1

Transparency is an unknown word in Thailand so I take everything that the government is saying with a pinch of salt.

It appears the PM is keeping a very low profile over this virus epidemic 

Edited by crazykopite
  • Like 2

There have been, essentially, NO DEATHS from Corvid-19 in people under 50, as of March 16. Yes, you can get sick for a few days.  It's not a threat to most of the world.  Old folks, such as me, need to be careful + all efforts should be directed to the +50 year olds.
Honestly, why the panic?
Economies and countries are being destroyed all for the sake of an inflammatory news story.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, englishoak said:

114 cases my ass..... Thailand are labelling it is "viral pneumonia" they have just changed the name of Covid19 for the WHO.. 

HERE is the info from the Thai gov 

Read  ...  https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php

13th March 2020 update

2.2 Situation of Patients with Suspected Symptoms of COVID-19 in Thailand. On 13 March 2020 at 18:00, Thailand announced that 217 additional people met the criteria for PUI, raising the total to 5,713 PUI, as shown in Table 1.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no70-130363.pdf

And this is only the recorded ones.. you can x 10 to x 20 that at least that arnt yet recorded... 

its NOT just the flu

Thank you very much for posting this info :thumbsup:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

He added that the government was not slow in dealing with the situation but the ministers had to think about the consequences before taking action.

What action? 

How can you have action, especially appropriate action, until you have thought about it? There's a saying taught in SCUBA diving training.   When faced with an emergency,  'STOP, BREATH, THINK, ACT'.

With the slow emergence of the disease here to date, the authorities have had plenty of time lay out their plans. It would appear, from the announcements we have seen today, that they have now decided that it is time to act.

For the sake of all of us in Thailand, including the grumpy falangs, I wish them well.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, englishoak said:

114 cases my ass..... Thailand are labelling it is "viral pneumonia" they have just changed the name of Covid19 for the WHO.. 

13th March 2020 update

2.2 Situation of Patients with Suspected Symptoms of COVID-19 in Thailand. On 13 March 2020 at 18:00, Thailand announced that 217 additional people met the criteria for PUI, raising the total to 5,713 PUI, as shown in Table 1.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no70-130363.pdf

And this is only the recorded ones.. you can x 10 to x 20 that at least that arnt yet recorded... 

its NOT just the flu

Finally, some real facts, More cases here in Mukdahan Province, pandoro's box has been opened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, englishoak said:

13th March 2020 update

its NOT just the flu

Obviously they're letting Chinese in willingly 

Decided to pop in to my local TOPS on Silom by the Sala Daeng BTS, in the small Central building.  Had dinner first at Fuji, and it was nearly empty at 6 pm.  Headed to TOPS afterwards, and holy moly, no carts, no baskets and the aisles packed.  No Toilet Paper, Napkins, Tissues, or Dried noodles including spaghetti and MAMA.  The rice bags were down to about a dozen, and the staff was working furiously to restock what they could.  The meat counters were half empty and as I checked the Alcohol Aisle it was nearly cleaned out and only the high end liquor was left. Managed to get a few minor things to add to my cache at my house, and used the self checkout registers as the others were packed.....no Panic buying going on here......wow 

Masks are usefull for all anytime you get out for in and out virus prevention.. you can simply use nano coton mask which are efficient with this big virus.. home made mask easy to do or last case betyer than nothing motobike masks are good... coton masks are Washable every day and reusable and much better than the one time use non sense paper surgical mask that does not stop virus going in but only stops it going out if you are sick .. cheers mask on ???? zen attitude no panic.. for what lol?

11 hours ago, Is this real said:

There have been, essentially, NO DEATHS from Corvid-19 in people under 50, as of March 16. Yes, you can get sick for a few days.  It's not a threat to most of the world.  Old folks, such as me, need to be careful + all efforts should be directed to the +50 year olds.
Honestly, why the panic?
Economies and countries are being destroyed all for the sake of an inflammatory news story.

In Italy half the deaths from the virus are under 50 .Their death rate doubles every 2 days .

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 4:10 AM, FritsSikkink said:

Even if your unfounded statement would be true, you should never panic but keep thinking. This may be hard for some people.

His statement is indeed unfounded but entirely reasonable. 

It seems reasonable to me that if more people are tested more will be found infected. 

No? 

Also, coming to conclusions that differ from yours does not necessarily mean that someone is not thinking just as hard or well as you are. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If he and his cohorts do as good a job at managing the national food-household essentials supplies issue as they did with the masks, gels and related CV supplies.....  we're all gonna STARVE!!!!

...plenty of snakes and bats here to munch on.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, brianthainess said:

They will never stop the cock fighting, they were all there yesterday in the village, shouting and bawling together, i can hear them a kilometer away.

All a part of their natural and rustic charm n'est ce pas?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

My wife did show me a story from USA where an irate women was giving a guy, with a huge pile of loo rolls, a hard time over it. After she finished he said can I get past you to restock the shelf please.

Just trying for a smile amid all the doom and gloom . ????

FOMO at it's very finest (Fear Of Missing Out). USA huh?

9 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

FOMO at it's very finest (Fear Of Missing Out). USA huh?

I wonder how much stockpiled food in peoples homes will end up being thrown out because of vermin etc getting into it?

Re USA. Saw on the UK news this morning various shots 

( no pun intented ) of long queus outside gun shops.

Gotta stock up on those magnums lads.

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I wonder how much stockpiled food in peoples homes will end up being thrown out because of vermin etc getting into it?

Re USA. Saw on the UK news this morning various shots 

( no pun intented ) of long queus outside gun shops.

Gotta stock up on those magnums lads.

Is it time to buy some rifles, me mate?