PM ready to close Thai borders to entry if virus situation worsens to Stage 3

snoop1130

As it is not a bad idea to close the borders; just it might be a little late for that, I would like to share a story how Thailand contains infection.

Just now my neighbors had a monk ceremonies (I am living up-country); the fact that they are coming from Bangkok and gathered around 199 people for 2 1/2 days makes me worried about the handling of Covid 19 spreads in the whole country...

• Like 2

Shut downs, lock downs and closures is not that different from Canute moving his throne back a metre a minute with a wall close behind him and a tide coming in at two metres a minutes. 

Applies to all countries and all PM's.

IY's coming, and sadly it's the old that will suffer worst.

Can't fart against thunder.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Shut downs, lock downs and closures is not that different from Canute moving his throne back a metre a minute with a wall close behind him and a tide coming in at two metres a minutes. 

Applies to all countries and all PM's.

IY's coming, and sadly it's the old that will suffer worst.

Can't fart against thunder.

Australian PM has just announced  on ABC news Oz now closed to all but Australian citizens ! More to come and sorry no link as yet.I tried to make new post but unable,can mods move if necessary?

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Australian PM has just announced  on ABC news Oz now closed to all but Australian citizens ! More to come and sorry no link as yet.I tried to make new post but unable,can mods move if necessary?

Fear-mongering - it's not citizens it's residents https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/australia-bans-all-non-residents-amid-coronavirus-pandemic-20200319-p54brz.html

Edited by ThaiBunny

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

to organize a nationwide ceremony to pray for Thailand and the Thai people

useless  claptrap from the stoneage..................whinyy whinny whats that..............the stable  door  has been open way to  long you dumbasses..................welcome  Chinese

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

You need more than a prayer at this stage of the game !

How about praying for the whole world population, or do only Thais count ?

why bother with either,may as  well ask the tooth fairy for  help

13 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Given  that  it is likely that the  majority of  expats have  been  extracting the  financial reserves  of  home  countries it is unlikely  that  there will be  much priority  given to them.

As  it is  already  many long   term expats  who  return home  already  face  restrictions  on access  to   services for qualifying periods.

@dumbastheycome,

I don't understand what you are implying in your quote: 

"majority of  expats have  been  extracting the  financial reserves  of  home  countries".   

How can the expats do this extraction? 

Expats live outside their home countries.  Which financial reserves can they extract? 

A pension is not an extraction; expats don't use home country social services; lastly, most expats have their own money on which to live. 

Respectfully,  what did you mean by your comment?  I am curious, I am not attacking you.  Thx. 

15 hours ago, DrTuner said:

And then stop giving extensions to permission to stay and unleash the immigration police with their BMW on a The Purge type of hunt for farangs. Yeee-haw, get 'em!

no  problem renewed my one  year todayat Hua  Hin,helpful as ever except when asking for a re entry permit they said do it at  Bluport?? no idea  why never  had to do that before.will  go later as no  plans to exit and  couldnt be arsed

13 hours ago, balo said:

One of the last Norwegian flights departed Oslo today direct to Bangkok. Also Qatar and KLM still operate flights to Bangkok.  

and  Air  France Im  booked May 31  but  can cancel at anytime if  required, just waiting to see what develops

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maxcorrigan said:

And i read the other day ISIS the islamic muscle, have advised their members not to go to Europe as it's far too dangerous at present on account of this virus LOL!

I’m convinced ISIS/Islamists have been spreading it deliberately 

16 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

With a long and porous Border with Burma i would like to know how the intend to stop people coming and going ?    Impossible in my opinion and then there is always the bent Officials at the Border.

Same as the Mekong, any boat anywhere. I see it all the time. No border controls whatsoever 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

You need more than a prayer at this stage of the game !

How about praying for the whole world population, or do only Thais count ?

In Thailand, ONLY Thais count. Nothing new.

16 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

PM's looking kinda thin & sickly himself in that photo. We could only wish. lol 

Nasty and mean remark. Let us not spit into the bowl we eat from. Unhappy in LOS? go back to home sweet home.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don’t know what the conditions are for declaring Stage 3 but knowing what is coming, why wait? Do it now.  Thai government needs to be much more aggressive in pursuing actions that have proven to be of help (eg Korea, Hong Kong).  We are on the doorstep of community transmission. Time to act to protect your citizens

• Like 1

PM worse faces if not now sametime than bordens make closede and immigration law make new normal human europe style law, no fee,no stupid law what can or 90 day inform etc many idiot laws what no need today. make new law were have only work permit papers need, visa expat and marry foreign lot easie need be and all idiot monkey law fee money need end totally. then PM can say him has do somethink good this world. and normal to thailand, little step to nearest normal human world, and not stay idiot monkey world all life.

6 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Wishful thinking,a friend of mine tried to get a new ATM card yesterday in Ban Krut near Bang Saphan,but the bank does not allow foreigner coming into the bank.You shouldn't feel to safe here.As longer the virus situation lasts,as more unpleasant it will get for foreigner in Thailand

He should have taken a bath and worn a mask lol. 

3 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

It's ironic really that Thailand put so much faith in Chinese tourism and that very nationality has destroyed it...... Sadly it looks as though tourism's on the back burner and survival is now at the forefront........   I can't help thinking that Thailand courted this calamity by its callous treatment of other nationalities giving priority to the Chinese......." Be careful what you wish for comes to mind "..............   

the Chinese stopped coming weeks ago. So if cases are starting now, then they were brought in by, you guessed it, the dirty farangs. 

USA stopped the Chinese a long time ago yet they are fast becoming the country with the highest numbers. How do you explain that? Dirty farangs?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fakser said:

Nasty and mean remark. Let us not spit into the bowl we eat from. Unhappy in LOS? go back to home sweet home.

A little sensitive aren't you?  My comment was neither mean nor nasty, but merely an observation and personal opinion.  Grow up , cupcake. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

More than likely Thailand is already at stage 3. I'm already practicing social distancing. You'd be foolish not too. The country just doesn't have the means or ability to make the determination of stage 3 quickly out of shear lack of resources, cost and cultural behavior to sweep problems under the rug. Mark my words.. Just because you don't see any infections being reported in and around Pattaya doesn't mean we are safe. There are more than likely many people that have mild symptoms or who are asymptomatic walking around and standing next to you at the local 7-11. some idiots will call me paranoid but if you really want a good idea of why I'm certain in my claim read this. Very well informed statistician wrote this essay.

https://medium.com/@Jason_Scott_Warner/the-sober-math-everyone-must-understand-about-the-pandemic-2b0145881993

I'd call ya paranoid cuz you are!