Post your 1Gb speed tests here

Susco

14 hours ago, muratremix said:

You can't expect an underpowered android box to get very high speeds even with a gigabit ethernet. 

If 3bb laptop can get 1gbs in speedtest, but your devices can't, then it could be in your hardware. You should test it with some other device, maybe a friend's laptop or something?

3bb downloaded their speed test app to my android box serving my restaurant smart TV Ethernet cable cat6 . Click on the app shows 950 ish mbps on the TV.    Open the TV browser to another speed test site ( any one of many ) and it will return around 40-80 mbps , same as my other equipment in the house .                            So their app is fake ?  

Brief history ,  previously with TOT and their techs used to live in my house or thats what it felt like . Important telly is sport especially UK footy and golf . Both often freezing and speed checks were miserable . Switched to 3BB 1 gb plan which initially showed high returns on my equipment on speed tests and generally trouble free . Then noticeable downturn and speed tests revealed low returns buffering etc . Restaurant customers say wifi slow yet 3BB techs use the router for their speed test and get 900 + , or so it shows . If I  was in Europe the problem would be sorted but here in the n/e Thailand the techs seem to be installation crews only who speak to hq for help . I reckon a western world tech savvy guy could make a good living here  

35 minutes ago, superal said:

Brief history ,  previously with TOT and their techs used to live in my house or thats what it felt like . Important telly is sport especially UK footy and golf . Both often freezing and speed checks were miserable . Switched to 3BB 1 gb plan which initially showed high returns on my equipment on speed tests and generally trouble free . Then noticeable downturn and speed tests revealed low returns buffering etc .

With all respect Al, but I think you should start to look elsewhere for the reason of your issues.

15 Mbps is plenty for a trouble free Full HD stream, and I know 3BB doesn't throttle.

Are you using Hdprime by any chance.

Your WIFI signal is not something the ISP can control, it is between the router and the phone of the user.

Edited by Susco

11 hours ago, i84teen said:

Tonight, speed test from TH to SEA using OpenVPN on ToT 500/500Mbps: >600Mbps, higher latency. The test beneath is IKEv2 protocol (VPN.ac) from TH to Seattle as well. Both tests on macbook, Asus AC86U, Cat5e, Cat6, while streaming HD sports @ 60fps.

I've had been thinking about giving VPN.ac a trial run by buying their 7 day trial period for $2 because reviews of VPN.ac are usually pretty good.  And the app looked like the kind of app I would like using.   If the trial period gave good results maybe I would switch from ExpressVPN when my current subscription ends in another year or so....I also have a PureVPN subscription good for several more years.

But the best I can figure VPN.ac does not offer an app for "Android TV"....they have an app for regular Android but not Android TV.   When I do a Google Play search from my Android TV boxes for the VPN.ac app one is not listed.  And when checking Google Play from my Windows laptop it shows the VPN.ac Android app is compatible with my regular Android devices like my Samsung and Lenovo smartphones/tablets running a version of regular Android, but incompatible with my Nividia Shield Android TV box and my Mi Android TV box which run Android TV.

So, since I use these two boxes running the Android TV operating system all the time to stream content which needs a VPN connection, VPN.ac not having a Android TV app make them a non-starter for me.

1 hour ago, superal said:

3bb downloaded their speed test app to my android box serving my restaurant smart TV Ethernet cable cat6 . Click on the app shows 950 ish mbps on the TV.    Open the TV browser to another speed test site ( any one of many ) and it will return around 40-80 mbps , same as my other equipment in the house .                            So their app is fake ?  

Brief history ,  previously with TOT and their techs used to live in my house or thats what it felt like . Important telly is sport especially UK footy and golf . Both often freezing and speed checks were miserable . Switched to 3BB 1 gb plan which initially showed high returns on my equipment on speed tests and generally trouble free . Then noticeable downturn and speed tests revealed low returns buffering etc . Restaurant customers say wifi slow yet 3BB techs use the router for their speed test and get 900 + , or so it shows . If I  was in Europe the problem would be sorted but here in the n/e Thailand the techs seem to be installation crews only who speak to hq for help . I reckon a western world tech savvy guy could make a good living here  

Does you Android box run regular Android or Android TV operating system?   The Android TV system is geared for TV/movie streaming....geared for a leanback experience in your easy chair; different from the Android system like on smartphones and many Android box.  While many regular Android app can "partially" or appear to fully work on an Android TV box (you will need to sideload them), they may not work as on regular Android....and they will not update automatically via Google Play...they may update themselves like Mobdro or you have to updated them manually everyone once in a while.  

3BB has a speed "app?"  Didn't know 3BB had speed test app....you sure about that?   Or are you saying they just went to their below 3BB speedtest website and ran a speed test?  If so, that's not an app; just a website linking to a 3BB server using the OOKLA (i.e., speedtest.net) speed tests but with the page/screen layout to make it look different from the regular speeddtest.net screen.  Also, keep in mind that is a speedtest to an in-Thailand server....speedtesting to a server outside of Thailand is going to be much lower regardless of speed tester used.

https://speedtest.3bb.co.th/

If you are getting over 900Mb to an in-Thailand server when connected with ethernet, but much lower when on Wifi, well, that's a problem with your Wifi equipment....router or clients (i.e, smartphones, tablets, etc),   Keep in mind Wifi speed will not  be anywhere close to your Ethernet connection on a 1Gb plan as I expect you just have  801.11ac (Wifi5) router where when using a 2.4Ghz Wifi channel you are probably just going to get in the 50-100Mb ballpark....when using a 5Ghz Wifi channel probably around 200-300Mb.   And if having a bunch of folks connecting at the same time via Wifi then above mentioned speed may go down as it shared among numerous users.   And if the Wifi signal "strength" is low that will reduce the Wifi "speed."   

Within your restaurant do you broadcast a 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wifi channels for your customers?  If only 2.4Ghz, then that's the possibly the cause of customers complaining about slow Wifi speed although 2.4Ghz will provide more than enough speed to stream even 4K video which only needs around 25Mb speed max.

And back to my earlier regular Android or Android TV operating system comments.  I have found the "browser" that you use to stream video content can make a big difference in how well that content streams.  I have Android boxes that use the Android TV operating system...a Nvidia Shield box and a Mi box.  I watch two particular US TV/movie websites quite a bit which have a lot of US TV channels...these website do not use a specific app like Netflix....instead, you just use a regular browser to watch/stream them.  Well, if I use the Puffin Android TV browser to stream these sites I often get poor streaming....buffering....just can stream some channels at all....sometimes times it works OK.   Now this Puffin browser is written to work best with websites geared to Android TV browsers/apps, but these two websites I use to stream TV  say in their fine print their sites work best with regular browser (their way of saying Android TV browsers may not stream as well).   So, what I do is use other Android TV browsers vs Puffin to stream these websites and then they stream perfectly, although their are not as user friendly in moving around those TV websites (like changing channels) as the Puffin browser.   Summary: if a specific app is not being use to stream a certain TV/movie services and instead you just use any old browser, well, the browser you use can make a big difference at least on a Android TV box.

And Wifi signal strength and speed are two different animals.  Wifi "strength" is how strong of a signal being received...how many bars of strength whether your plan is a 10Mb plan or 1000Mb plan.  Wifi "speed" is like it says, how fast of a Wifi speed you get.   

And keep in mind the weakest link in the Wifi chain determines maximum speed.  Let's say your router is pumping out fast Wifi speed to your high end smartphone which has a good Wifi circuit....let's say your get a Wifi speedtest reading of 500Mb on that smartphone when connecting via a 5Ghz Wifi channel.  But on your other smartphone, which has a low end Wifi circuit, you only get 80Mb speed....well, don't blame that on the router or ISP....it's that lower end smartphone's fault....maybe that phone is connecting via a 2.4Ghz channel which is just going to give around 50-100Mb speed whether you have a low end or high end router....or maybe it is connecting via 5Ghz Wifi channel but its Wifi circuit is just low quality.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

I've had been thinking about giving VPN.ac a trial run by buying their 7 day trial period for $2 because reviews of VPN.ac are usually pretty good.  And the app looked like the kind of app I would like using.   If the trial period gave good results maybe I would switch from ExpressVPN when my current subscription ends in another year or so....I also have a PureVPN subscription good for several more years.

But the best I can figure VPN.ac does not offer an app for "Android TV"....they have an app for regular Android but not Android TV.   When I do a Google Play search from my Android TV boxes for the VPN.ac app one is not listed.  And when checking Google Play from my Windows laptop it shows the VPN.ac Android app is compatible with my regular Android devices like my Samsung and Lenovo smartphones/tablets running a version of regular Android, but incompatible with my Nividia Shield Android TV box and my Mi Android TV box which run Android TV.

So, since I use these two boxes running the Android TV operating system all the time to stream content which needs a VPN connection, VPN.ac not having a Android TV app make them a non-starter for me.

The last place u would install OpenVPN or other vpn protocol is on an Android TV with a woefully under powered CPU. They are not up to the task, your router is a much better option if you need your TV routed thru the VPN.

Any app in google play store can be sideloaded on your android tv using several different methods. Also, you could use any one of a number of free VPN Clients on the play store instead of a the native apps from expressVPN, VPN.ac, etc and they will all work but in all cases they will under-perform significantly due to lack of processing speed of a tv. I have installed several vpn's on android streaming boxes, shield, formuler, and others as well as a Sharp android TV using IKEv2, Wireguard, OpenVPN protocols and the performance was abysmal and underwhelming. I use VPN on an Asus router with Merlin for all TV's and streaming boxes at my location and with the proper setup the speed and performance is 10 times that of android TV with OpenVPN speeds up to 250Mbps. If you have Asus and Merlin u can also install script based ad-blocking called "Diversion" and you have no more ads, on all websites and now on Youtube as well.

VPN.ac offers OpenVPN, IKEv2 and Wireguard protocols and performs quite well compared to most I have tried.

2 hours ago, superal said:

3bb downloaded their speed test app to my android box serving my restaurant smart TV Ethernet cable cat6 . Click on the app shows 950 ish mbps on the TV.    Open the TV browser to another speed test site ( any one of many ) and it will return around 40-80 mbps ,

Here need some clarification.

3bb most likely downloaded the Ookla speed test app to your box.

What is the TV browser?

If it is the browser available on your smart tv, your smart TV most likely has only a 100 Mb Ethernet adapter installed, so it can not display speeds higher than that

If the browser is on your Android box, connected to your TV, your speed should be much higher.

So you should clarify what you mean with Tv browser

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, i84teen said:

The last place u would install OpenVPN or other vpn protocol is on an Android TV with a woefully under powered CPU.

Android TV (ATV) is an operating system, different from Android OS,  installed on Android boxes

Edited by Susco

2 minutes ago, i84teen said:

u sure about that? Please fact check and revise this statement.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/android-tv

Yes I'm pretty sure about that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_TV

Android TV is a version of the Android operating system designed for digital media players, set-top boxes, soundbars,[2] and TVs and developed by Google. Serving as a replacement for Google TV, it features a user interface designed around content discovery and voice search, surfacing content aggregated from various media apps and services, and integration with other recent Google technologies such as Assistant, Cast, and Knowledge Graph

10 minutes ago, Susco said:

Yes I'm pretty sure about that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_TV

Android TV is a version of the Android operating system designed for digital media players, set-top boxes, soundbars,[2] and TVs and developed by Google. Serving as a replacement for Google TV, it features a user interface designed around content discovery and voice search, surfacing content aggregated from various media apps and services, and integration with other recent Google technologies such as Assistant, Cast, and Knowledge Graph

LoL....ok. Me thinks khun Pib was referring to an android television (AKA Android TV), that would be my understanding from reading his comments.

Edited by i84teen

7 minutes ago, i84teen said:

LoL....ok. Me thinks khun Pib was referring to an android television, is that acceptable and clear to you.

No that is not clear to me, because in your previous post you insinuated that I had no idea what the Android TV operating system was.

LOL, me thinks you should work on your comprehensive reading skills, is that acceptable to you?

1 hour ago, Pib said:

but incompatible with my Nividia Shield Android TV box and my Mi Android TV box which run Android TV.    So, since I use these two boxes running the Android TV operating system

Edited by Susco

okay, either way, android television or and android TV, the point is about installing apps in the case vpn apps on android tv platform which is a sub optimal method and largely impractical it seems due to unsupported apps. Feel better now susco?

555. I think you are looking for the gotcha moment after u lost face last night. You'll be okay, deal with it.

4 minutes ago, i84teen said:

okay, either way, android television or and android TV, the point is about installing apps in the case vpn apps on android tv platform which is a sub optimal method and largely impractical it seems due to unsupported apps. Feel better now susco?

555. I think you are looking for the gotcha moment after u lost face last night. You'll be okay, deal with it.

Android TV is far from impractical, it is an operating system optimized for streaming purposes, so there is no need for Internet browsers and other applications that have no purpose on a media platform.

The VPN services I know have an Android TV version of their app, so that VPN.ac doesn't have that is just another shortcoming in their service provided, together with having servers in only 20 countries.

3 hours ago, superal said:

speedtest app is a lot faster compared to browsers and browsers bundled in weak android devices. You will never get 940 mbps using browser in a weak pc or weaker android tv.

40 minutes ago, Susco said:

Here need some clarification.

3bb most likely downloaded the Ookla speed test app to your box.

What is the TV browser?

If it is the browser available on your smart tv, your smart TV most likely has only a 100 Mb Ethernet adapter installed, so it can not display speeds higher than that

If the browser is on your Android box, connected to your TV, your speed should be much higher.

So you should clarify what you mean with Tv browser

Sorry , the android box ( updated recently ) is the control centre and runs the smart TV , so the browser is from the android box apps .  Just done a speed test using the 3BB installed app on the android box which gave 911 down 483 up and 5ms ping .      There is no mention of Ookla any where on the speed test app , only 3BB .   Now using the browser app which is Google from the android box , download 55 mbps up 331  ping 12 and this is a 3BB / Ookla speed test 

6 minutes ago, superal said:

There is no mention of Ookla any where on the speed test app , only 3BB .

Could you take a screenshot of that app, as I've never seen a 3bb speed test app.

They have a speed test in their 3bb member app, but that opens a browser to perform the speed test

45 minutes ago, Susco said:

Could you take a screenshot of that app, as I've never seen a 3bb speed test app.

They have a speed test in their 3bb member app, but that opens a browser to perform the speed test

Will do later busy now ,  3BB techs installed it on the main app page of the android box . They were always keen to use it as the main speed test .

1 hour ago, Susco said:

ImageAbove the installed app by 3BB , no Ookla 

ImageAbove the 3BB/Ookla speed test 

4 hours ago, Pib said:

I use regular Android mobile apps installed in my Android TV devices all the time, including VPN apps. Some work fine with just using the ATV remote controller, others require a mouse / air / Bluetooth etc... But functionally, they all work, especially for something as simple as a VPN connection.

If the VPN app in question isn't available for a direct download from the ATV device's Google Play Store, it's usually pretty easy to get a version of same app either from the VPN provider itself or from one of the various alternate app stores.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

3 hours ago, i84teen said:

LoL....ok. Me thinks khun Pib was referring to an android television (AKA Android TV), that would be my understanding from reading his comments.

No, I was referring to my Nvidia Shield and Mi android boxes that use the Android TV operating system.

As Susco posted earlier Android TV is a variant (major) of regular Android OS like found smartphones/tablets.    The Android TV OS is modified/streamlined from regular Android OS.  Android TV is geared to give a "leanback" (like leaning back in your easy chair) to give an easy/simple operating experience....just a simple remote very similar to the simple remotes used on old TV boxes. 

Android apps need to be specifically written to work fully/properly with Android TV OS; if not specifically written for Android TV they may not even install....only work partially....not be easy to move around it....etc.  And Google Play will tell you if the app is compatible with Android TV.  

Android TV OS is different/modified from regular Android OS.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, i84teen said:

The last place u would install OpenVPN or other vpn protocol is on an Android TV with a woefully under powered CPU. They are not up to the task, your router is a much better option if you need your TV routed thru the VPN.

Any app in google play store can be sideloaded on your android tv using several different methods. Also, you could use any one of a number of free VPN Clients on the play store instead of a the native apps from expressVPN, VPN.ac, etc and they will all work but in all cases they will under-perform significantly due to lack of processing speed of a tv. I have installed several vpn's on android streaming boxes, shield, formuler, and others as well as a Sharp android TV using IKEv2, Wireguard, OpenVPN protocols and the performance was abysmal and underwhelming. I use VPN on an Asus router with Merlin for all TV's and streaming boxes at my location and with the proper setup the speed and performance is 10 times that of android TV with OpenVPN speeds up to 250Mbps. If you have Asus and Merlin u can also install script based ad-blocking called "Diversion" and you have no more ads, on all websites and now on Youtube as well.

VPN.ac offers OpenVPN, IKEv2 and Wireguard protocols and performs quite well compared to most I have tried.

OpenVPN works just fine and fast on my Android boxes, Android TV OS (two different boxes) and Android OS (a box I use to use).   In fact, OpenVPN is the default protocol and sometimes the only protocol offered when running an Android VPN app.    Different than VPN apps for Windows which usually offer a variety of other protocols like IKEV2, L2TP, SSTP, etc., in additional to OpenVPN 

Like ExpressVPN for Android TV and regular Android....only offers OpenVPN.   PureVPN for Android TV....only uses OpenVPN.  And PureVPN for regular Android offers OpenVPN and IKE2V....nothing else. 

Now I don't have a VPN.ac subscription like you do, but I do have their app loaded on my Android smartphone and VPN.ac only offers OpenVPN.  Now maybe it might offer more protocol if having a subscription, but when not logged in only four variants of OpenVPN is offered.  

I guess what I'm saying is typically VPN app for Android TV or regular Android use OpenVPN.  Android smartphones and boxes.....and Android TV boxes are more than powerful enough to easily handle OpenVPN...and I expect that is why most VPN apps for Android-type devices predominately use OpenVPN. 

For example below is a speed test done on one of Android TV boxes (Nvidia Shield 2017) to Seattle using ExpressVPN OpenVPN on my Air  Fibre 700/50 plan.  I would say 350Mb speed proves my Android TV box can easily handle OpenVPN.

image.png.392b03f6a8a620f4e6e73479b4925fb1.png

59 minutes ago, muratremix said:

You will never get 900 mbps on a cheap android tv device with android browser (chrome or firefox may give a better speed).

nvidia shield and other highend devices may get better speed due to raw CPU power.

I'm on a 700/50 plan.  Just ran a speed test on my Nvidia Shield box....see below   Would have probably got over 700Mb but the wife has the AISPlay android box on downstairs watching TV and streaming Youtube on her smartphone via Wifi connection when I ran the test.  Would have probably go well over 700Mb if I had been brave enough to tell her to stop all her streaming for a minute or two.  But at times when no other streaming was occurring in my house, when I run a speed test with the Nvida box I get around 775/60. 

Next time I take advantage of one of those free 24 hour upgrades to 1000/1000 speed I'll try to remember to run a speed test with the Nvidia box....I expect it will achieve the approx 940Mb typical best speed of a 1Gb plan.  

image.png.5b3a3fc5d12cda2001a20a13d532703e.png

Edited by Pib

21 minutes ago, muratremix said:

Pib, your nvidia shield is 2-4 times more powerful than cheap android boxes people can buy here in Thailand. Comparing Apples to grapes ????

The key point I was tying to make to i84teen that OpenVPN is the primarily protocol that VPN apps use with Android devices....such devices can easily handle OpenVPN....get good speed "with a good VPN service provider." 

Like with my low cost, low horsepower, 3 year old Android phone on a Wifi non-VPN connection Speedtest.net test to Seattle just now I got 137/50 speed result.  Now I quickly make an ExpressVPN OpenVPN connection to the same Speedtest server...rerun test....I get a 105/12 speed result.   Almost the same download speed on a OpenVPN connection as without a VPN connection.

Edited by Pib

1 hour ago, superal said:

ImageAbove the installed app by 3BB , no Ookla 

ImageAbove the 3BB/Ookla speed test 

Your first snapshot is simply the Speedtest.net app (by OOKLA).  It's an actual app installed on your box.  It's not unique to 3BB....same Speedtest.net app that installs on any Android device....got it on all my regular Android devices.

The second snapshot is using a browser to reach out to the 3BB speedtest website which is simply using a modified version of Speedtest.net (by OOKLA) to run a browser-based test.  

And I can understand why 3BB is turning a deaf ear to your complains about speed because the speedtest app is showing full speed, but for some reason when using a browser-type app your speed drops way down.  That is usually a sign of device configuration/driver/browser problems and not the incoming internet line.

Edited by Pib

33 minutes ago, Pib said:

OpenVPN works just fine and fast on my Android boxes, Android TV OS (two different boxes) and Android OS (a box I use to use).   In fact, OpenVPN is the default protocol and sometimes the only protocol offered when running an Android VPN app.    Different than VPN apps for Windows which usually offer a variety of other protocols like IKEV2, L2TP, SSTP, etc., in additional to OpenVPN 

Like ExpressVPN for Android TV and regular Android....only offers OpenVPN.   PureVPN for Android TV....only uses OpenVPN.  And PureVPN for regular Android offers OpenVPN and IKE2V....nothing else. 

Now I don't have a VPN.ac subscription like you do, but I do have their app loaded on my Android smartphone and VPN.ac only offers OpenVPN.  Now maybe it might offer more protocol if having a subscription, but when not logged in only four variants of OpenVPN is offered.  

I guess what I'm saying is typically VPN app for Android TV or regular Android use OpenVPN.  Android smartphones and boxes.....and Android TV boxes are more than powerful enough to easily handle OpenVPN...and I expect that is why most VPN apps for Android-type devices predominately use OpenVPN. 

For example below is a speed test done on one of Android TV boxes (Nvidia Shield 2017) to Seattle using ExpressVPN OpenVPN on my Air  Fibre 700/50 plan.  I would say 350Mb speed proves my Android TV box can easily handle OpenVPN.

image.png.392b03f6a8a620f4e6e73479b4925fb1.png

tse tse tse...oh ohhh...now you are telling a big phib pi Pib. Android box with OpenVPN protocol, or ANY vpn protocol can NEVER manage cipher overheads from a vpn, particularly OpenVPN and produce that speed. MAYBE with pfsense appliance or a powerful laptop, but not on android boxes from your location connected to Seattle OpenVPN server.

Now, on your shield, install the ookla app from the playstore and show us a speed test with ExpressVPN server of your choosing and lets see you backup your claims.

Not nice to try to mislead people here, shame on you.

Waiting for some reasonable speed test as proof.

3 minutes ago, i84teen said:

tse tse tse...oh ohhh...now you are telling a big phib pi Pib. Android box with OpenVPN protocol, or ANY vpn protocol can NEVER manage cipher overheads from a vpn, particularly OpenVPN and produce that speed. MAYBE with pfsense appliance or a powerful laptop, but not on android boxes from your location connected to Seattle OpenVPN server.

Now, on your shield, install the ookla app from the playstore and show us a speed test with ExpressVPN server of your choosing and lets see you backup your claims.

Not nice to try to mislead people here, shame on you.

Waiting for some reasonable speed test as proof.

For Android TV there is no Speedtest.net app on Google Play....when you use Google Play on an Android TV device it will only show you compatible Android TV apps.  You can go to your Google Play acct using Windows speedtest.net and it will also show which of your devices are compatible....all my regular Androd devices are compatible....but for my two Android TV devices it says the devices are non-compatible/grays out the capability to install for those devices.

I did sideload Speedtest.net one time on my Nivida box....it was not fully compatible...would not do a download test and would freeze up the box occasionally.  So, instead, a person downloads some speed test apps from Google Play that are Android TV compatible.

Sorry, dude, OpenVPN works just fine and fast on my Android TV boxes and my regular Android devices like my smartphones.   

As already mentioned, VPN apps for Android predominately use OpenVPN...those apps would not be doing that if OpenVPN didn't work well on Android TV and regular Android operating system/devices.  Explain why your VPN.ac Android app only offers OpenVPN.

6 minutes ago, Pib said:

For Android TV there is no Speedtest.net app on Google Play....when you use Google Play on an Android TV device it will only show you compatible Android TV apps.  You can go to your Google Play acct using Windows speedtest.net and it will also show which of your devices are compatible....all my regular Androd devices are compatible....but for my two Android TV devices it says the devices are non-compatible/grays out the capability to install for those devices.

I did sideload Speedtest.net one time on my Nivida box....it was not fully compatible...would not do a download test and would freeze up the box occasionally.  So, instead, a person downloads some speed test apps from Google Play that are Android TV compatible.

Sorry, dude, OpenVPN works just fine and fast on my Android TV boxes and my regular Android devices like my smartphones.   

As already mentioned, VPN apps for Android predominately use OpenVPN...those apps would not be doing that if OpenVPN didn't work well on Android TV and regular Android operating system/devices.  Explain why your VPN.ac Android app only offers OpenVPN.

You are a terrible liar. I can see right thru your dishonesty. Grow up man, stop trying to be something you are not.

Anyways, I use or rather I am testing VPN.ac for their IKEv2 and Wireguard protocols all on the android platform. I connect to their IKEv2 protocol with Strongswan android app and the and Android Wireguard app. You should experiment with Strongswan and Wireguard on Android. I care not about OpenVPN anymore as it is outdated, clunky, slow, and required hardware accelerated devices and CPU's.

That said, I just connected to expressVPN's seattle server and tested the ToT speed, about 56Mbps (see attached) and ToT speed w/o VPN (see attached). Test were done on android box, ookla app, Cat6 and expressVPN seattle server. I have tested 100's of servers / locations with many vpn providers all on android boxes and never have seen a speed higher than 90Mbps with my 500/500 fiber service or on a 3BB gigabit connection, and neither have because your claim is ludicrous and just plain false. Don't bother wasting my time anymore if you cannot be honest.

SEA-Speed_OpenVPN_SEasia.jpg

20200527_160701 1.jpg

ToT speedtest_android_box.jpg

android-vpns.jpg

32 minutes ago, i84teen said:

You are a terrible liar. I can see right thru your dishonesty. Grow up man, stop trying to be something you are not.

Anyways, I use or rather I am testing VPN.ac for their IKEv2 and Wireguard protocols all on the android platform. I connect to their IKEv2 protocol with Strongswan android app and the and Android Wireguard app

First of all your attitude stinks.

If your VPN is so perfect, why you need to have all those different apps installed to test the different protocols?

My VPN has a generic Android app, in which I can select 6 different protocols, including Ikev2/ipsec and wireguard

• Like 1