Post your 1Gb speed tests here

Susco

Can't complain about above speed results.  Within a few more years as the ISPs continue to build out their fiber optics infrastructure 1Gb plans will be the norm....and dirt cheap....and a lot of them will actually deliver approx 940Mb (a.k.a., a 1Gb plan) consistently.

Do you have a bridged setup?  That is, an ISP provider router set to bridge mode which feeds your personal router.   If so, what make/model is the ISP-provided bridged router.

10 minutes ago, Pib said:

Can't complain about above speed results.  Within a few more years as the ISPs continue to build out their fiber optics infrastructure 1Gb plans will be the norm....and dirt cheap....and a lot of them will actually deliver approx 940Mb (a.k.a., a 1Gb plan) consistently.

Do you have a bridged setup?  That is, an ISP provider router set to bridge mode which feeds your personal router.   If so, what make/model is the ISP-provided bridged router.

I use bridged setup. My old 3BB ONU didn't work, they can't figure it out here. Tests were done with speedtest-cli running on Synology DS918+ NAS device because I'm too lazy to connect via LAN and Synology is next to the router.

I expect 2Gbit packages (for more expensive) next year or two years later. Current GPON devices support up to 2.5 gbit down, 1.25 gbit up so why not!

On 4/4/2020 at 4:37 PM, Susco said:

Somewhere in this thread I posted the terms and conditions set by 3bb, and for their 1Gb package they guarantee 900 Mbps in writing.

I have a complaint running with NBTC and they confirmed they have to provide 80% of the speed mentioned on the package

Hi Susco ,

Do you have an update on your complaint against 3BB that you can share with us .  I am just about to do the same having spoken to the NBTC who come across as being a helpful agency 

I have just been upgraded free  from 400/400 to 1000/500.

Running in bridge mode Huawei Echolife HG8045H GPON connected to Asus AC86U. All cabling is Cat6. I can only get around 520Mb download.

Speedtest:

Speedtest.jpg

I shall be contacting 3BB about this issue once the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
typo

5 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I shall be contacting 3BB about this issue once the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted

Thats about the same as I get on True 1g over wifi. Ive tried multiple routers. Right now I am using multiple ASUS routers daisy chained with Cat 6 using their "AI Mesh" home networking function. 

No changes to the True Modem, just Lan to WAN. 

I get full speed (over 900mbps) when my laptop is connected via LAN cable (to any of my routers) 

Ive had them out here multiple times and they can't fix it. I suspect I can increase the speed by messing with the True modem but they won't configure anything other than what they are instructed to do. 

I also average about 300mbps through Express VPN using the servers I use for watching US streaming sites. 

4 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Thats about the same as I get on True 1g over wifi. Ive tried multiple routers. Right now I am using multiple ASUS routers daisy chained with Cat 6 using their "AI Mesh" home networking function. 

I get full speed (over 900mbps) when my laptop is connected via LAN cable (to any of my routers) 

Ive had them out here multiple times and they can't fix it. I suspect I can increase the speed by messing with the True modem but they won't configure anything other than what they are instructed to do. 

I also average about 300mbps through Express VPN using the servers I use for watching US streaming sites. 

The speedtest was done on my desktop pc, which is an ethernet connection,  so I would be expecting around 900Mbs download speed. 

31 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Thats about the same as I get on True 1g over wifi. Ive tried multiple routers.

You can not expect to get better over a wireless connection, because your WIFI limits the speed

ISP's guarantee only 400 Mbps over Wi-Fi with a 1Gb package

1 hour ago, superal said:

Hi Susco ,

Do you have an update on your complaint against 3BB that you can share with us .  I am just about to do the same having spoken to the NBTC who come across as being a helpful agency 

Still ongoing. With the current situation everything is slowed down, but they are still on the case. Guy from NBTC gave me a call last Monday

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, muratremix said:

Try speedtest apps

https://www.speedtest.net/apps

Not sure why you keep advocating that only the speed test app is credible, you sound like you work for 3BB.

FYI, before 3BB upgraded everyone to their cheap 1Gb package, they had them also but at a higher price.

On several occasions the 1Gb package has been enabled on my line for test purposes, and there was never a problem to show the full speed on my PC using the 3BB or Ookla speed test.

Once the cheaper package became available, it the speed test had " problems", on my PC and their laptops.

You will also notice that speed tests from other providers, posted in this thread and using the same speed tests, do NOT have that problem.

Strange isn't it?

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

You will not 900Mb over a Wifi connection unless maybe you have a Wifi6 (six) router and clients, which I expect you do not.  Instead you have standard Wifi5 (five) equipment.   With your current Wifi5 setup and assuming your ASUS router are the higher end routers, then around 650Mb is about the best you can expect when in the same room and having the router bandwidth set to 80Mhz.

25 minutes ago, Susco said:

For those that want to claim the reason for the low speeds is slow PC, take a look at this screenshot and explain.

image.png.5bf424eec8e7a455c288d36f3b091bad.png

Was above test run on a Win 7 machine as the task manager looks like the Win 7 task manger.  If so, have you tried on a Win 10 machine?   

Also, earlier when posting those pictures of 3BB techs at your residence, was the 3BB machine running win 7, 8 or 10?  Kinda looked like it was "not" Win 10.

A person would think a fast machine running Win 7 should be able to pull 940Mb also but maybe it takes just the right tweaking.   With Win 10 the network tweaking/optimization has been improved from Win 7.

21 minutes ago, Pib said:

Was above test run on a Win 7 machine as the task manager looks like the Win 7 task manger.  If so, have you tried on a Win 10 machine?   

Also, earlier when posting those pictures of 3BB techs at your residence, was the 3BB machine running win 7, 8 or 10?  Kinda looked like it was "not" Win 10.

A person would think a fast machine running Win 7 should be able to pull 940Mb also but maybe it takes just the right tweaking.   With Win 10 the network tweaking/optimization has been improved from Win 7.

My PC runs Windows 7 Ultimate X64 from SSD, and it also ran Windows 7 at the time that full speeds were realized. ( before they lowered the price)

The laptop of the 3BB technician runs Windows 10

Edited by Susco

2 hours ago, Susco said:

Not sure why you keep advocating that only the speed test app is credible, you sound like you work for 3BB.

FYI, before 3BB upgraded everyone to their cheap 1Gb package, they had them also but at a higher price.

On several occasions the 1Gb package has been enabled on my line for test purposes, and there was never a problem to show the full speed on my PC using the 3BB or Ookla speed test.

Once the cheaper package became available, it the speed test had " problems", on my PC and their laptops.

You will also notice that speed tests from other providers, posted in this thread and using the same speed tests, do NOT have that problem.

Strange isn't it?

Yes I work for 3BB that's why they give me full speed.

I won't go into a discussion with you why browsers can't hit 1gbps in speedtests sometimes. Just use provided speedtest apps, there is a reason why OOKLA developed them.

59 minutes ago, Susco said:

For those that want to claim the reason for the low speeds is slow PC, take a look at this screenshot and explain.

image.png.5bf424eec8e7a455c288d36f3b091bad.png

%67 cpu utilization with 4 cores? I see bottleneck there!

Use speedtest-app, which is light weight.

My dualcore arm router can get 600 mbps with speedtest App. Quadcore intel J3455 cpu NAS gets 920+ Mbps with low cpu usage.

Just now, muratremix said:

Yes I work for 3BB that's why they give me full speed.

I won't go into a discussion with you why browsers can't hit 1gbps in speedtests sometimes. Just use provided speedtest apps, there is a reason why OOKLA developed them.

Did you notice that I mentioned that before 3BB lowered the price on their packages, the FULL speed was realized on the same PC and Browser using the same speed tests.

So why my browser could handle 1Gb download speed up to 1 month ago, and now not anymore?

3 minutes ago, muratremix said:

%67 cpu utilization with 4 cores? I see bottleneck there!

Use speedtest-app, which is light weight.

My dualcore arm router can get 600 mbps with speedtest App. Quadcore intel J3455 cpu NAS gets 920+ Mbps with low cpu usage.

Sorry you just contradict yourself.

67% CPU usage is considered normal CPU usage. When using the app it uses the same.

And why would my quad core be an issue but your quad core not?

Just now, Susco said:

Did you notice that I mentioned that before 3BB lowered the price on their packages, the FULL speed was realized on the same PC and Browser using the same speed tests.

So why my browser could handle 1Gb download speed up to 1 month ago, and now not anymore?

Sorry you just contradict yourself.

67% CPU usage is considered normal CPU usage. When using the app it uses the same.

And why would my quad core be an issue but your quad core not?

Because I use speedtest-cli APP and you don't

3BB shown you that you get full speed via Speedtest windows app but you still make problem. This is the kind of farangs they don't want in Thailand.

Go figure out yourself why you don't get 1gbps in a browser made for browsing, not for high speed download benchmarks!

image.thumb.png.a5015d935da065a8966bb31c14e6d8ba.png

Susco thinks speedtest app is not credible

here is proof with screenshot. My router tells me I got 114094 KB/s for download max. and 116520 KB/s for upload. Multiply it with 8 and go figure.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/531f2909-9584-4a6f-9695-5bfe9ee3e56b

Susco never said that speedtest app isn't credible.

Susco said that the app is enable to use more connections than the websites.

Susco also said that HE has a speed issue, he didn't say that EVERYONE has a speed issue

2 hours ago, Susco said:

Strange isn't it?

only speedtest app is credible because browsers are the bottleneck in high speed download/upload benchmarks. 

speedtest-cli app uses very little cpu while your browser uses a lot of CPU and cause bottleneck.

Because I use speedtest-cli APP and you don't

3BB shown you that you get full speed via Speedtest windows app but you still make problem. This is the kind of farangs they don't want in Thailand.

Go figure out yourself why you don't get 1gbps in a browser made for browsing, not for high speed download benchmarks!

Tell me why the 3bb website and speedtest.net would show me full speed on a 1Gb package up to 1 month ago, and now not anymore

Just now, Susco said:

Tell me why the 3bb website and speedtest.net would show me full speed on a 1Gb package up to 1 month ago, and now not anymore

I'm not an oracle, why don't you try speedtest-cli app and show us what speed you get, like right now?

Sounds better than bitchin' ain't it?

I'm not an oracle, why don't you try speedtest-cli app and show us what speed you get, like right now?

Sounds better than bitchin' ain't it?

I told you already WHY the app shows a higher speed, and your drivel that it is about high CPU usage is just that, DRIVEL.

The app has an unlimited resource of connections to add, not really rocket science

Look at the CPU usage when using the app

Still waiting for an explanation why browsers worked perfect for 1 GB downloads up to a month ago, and after the promotion not anymore. You don't need to be an oracle for that, just not an apologist

image.png.5583e691a7fa89fafcec9b6cc7336459.png

1 minute ago, Susco said:

I told you already WHY the app shows a higher speed, and your drivel that it is about high CPU usage is just that, DRIVEL.

The app has an unlimited resource of connections to add, not really rocket science

Look at the CPU usage when using the app

Still waiting for an explanation why browsers worked perfect for 1 GB downloads up to a month ago, and after the promotion not anymore. You don't need to be an oracle for that, just not an apologist

image.png.5583e691a7fa89fafcec9b6cc7336459.png

can you prove app uses 1 million connections vs browser uses 8 connections?

You get 940 mbps (max on LAN) and you still complain, amazing thailand!

Btw

LXQT is a virtual machine running inside Synology NAS and with browser, my poor J3455 CPU + Virtual environment can't handle high speeds with a browser, but speedtest app can because it is simple and basic. Why you still don't get it?

2 minutes ago, muratremix said:

can you prove app uses 1 million connections vs browser uses 8 connections?

Of course I can't prove how many connections the app use compared with the website..

I also didn't say the website uses 8 connections, that is more lies from you.,

What has become of your previous DRIVEL that CPU usage was the cause??

Edited by Susco

1 minute ago, Susco said:

Of course I can't prove how many connections the app use compared with the website..

What has become of your previous DRIVEL that CPU usage was the cause??

with 67% cpu you get 940 mbps using app vs much lower with browser, you don't need to be genius to figure it out?

it's simple math.

Has 3BB techs came out to your residence again since they lasted visited on 18 March (based on the dates in the pics you posted earlier)?   Or has your complaint to the NBTC made 3BB put you on ignore.   

And I don't mean that "ignore" word in a derogatory way as you are right in what you are doing in trying to get 3BB to provide the advertised speed of around 900Mb.   Since 3BB's own techs couldn't get anything close to 900Mb with their laptop on 18 March it seems they would have been trying hard to find the problem...such a maybe stringing a new line to your residence....checking the optical junction boxes in your area...checking the "quality of your connection vs only power level", checking your acct setting on their servers end....etc.   

And I'm somewhat surprised 3BB simply has not checked the speed on your line with a specialized digital hand held tester used for such purposes which bypasses all the possible speed choke points associated with computers, operating systems, drivers, routers, etc.   But these testers are not cheap.  I know this from my past work experience with a US telecommunications company.

Where I said "quality" of your connection I mean how much the signal is being distorted although the optical power level is fine/good.  This low quality level causes many data re-transmission requests which slows down the connection.   Kinda like a satellite TV signal....while the signal strength reading can be good/strong the quality level can be poor which causes  loss/distorted picture....and usually with some fine tuning of dish antenna although the signal strength may not increase at all or just a little the quality level greatly improves...end result clear picture.   I know this from my own person experience in installing/maintaining my home satellite TV systems over the years.

I know it's frustrating.   I'm with AIS Fibre and several years ago my international speed suddenly dropped to about a third of what it normally was to Singapore/US/EU.   I went around-and-around with AIS on this....probably 10 calls I made over a 5 week period....maybe 4 calls from AIS to me....and I think a visit by an AIS tech....but the problem remained although at around week 5 the speed did improve a little.   Then approx 6 weeks after the problem initially started magically one morning the international speed came back to what it use to be and has been fine since. 

I have no doubt the whole problem was on the AIS servers end and was affecting a lot of people but AIS never wanted to admit that...instead, make you feel like only you are having the problem....must be your own equipment causing the problem...etc.  Yeap, it can get very frustrating and now days it's getting hard and harder to get a ISP tech/engineer to talk you on the phone or in person as the ISPs change how they handle/receive reports of problems.   With AIS Fibre it use to be easy to get a AIS Fibre human on the phone; but now it's close to impossible....instead you must submit a trouble report online which they do respond to pretty quickly but it may not be the quality of response you wanted.  

2 minutes ago, Pib said:

Has 3BB techs came out to your residence again since they lasted visited on 18 March (based on the dates in the pics you posted earlier)?   Or has your complaint to the NBTC made 3BB put you on ignore.   

3bb has been here since and still didn't get full speeds using any speed test. except the app.

I didn't take pictures of those tests though.

My optical power is 19.3 dBm, so that is about as good as it gets.

My complaint started 2 months ago, because my international speeds are low. I get 10 Mbps to London and other EU servers with testmy.net.

They get around 50 Mbps at the distribution cabinet about 3 km away. They have been working on that for ages, spending full days at my home, engaging the Chinese engineers from Fiberhome as well, but they can't find the problem.

Other 3BB customers inside my 1.6km long street get the same low international speeds.

When the Chinese engineers from Fiberhome were here they tried to fool me though. At that time I only had the 200/200 package, so they enabled a user account with unlimited speed on my router, and used Anydesk to perform speed tests on a PC somewhere in an office, to show me there was no problem.

Since I'm not an idiot, and noticed they were performing the tests over Anydesk, I looked in the router settings and discovered the different user account.

That is also when I performed the local speed test in my browser using 3bb website, and got the full speed of 1Gb. ( You hear me muratremix?>)

But I was already aware that full speed was possible, because when they installed the Fibre about a year ago, they also enabled the full speed and got it with the 3bb website. At that time there was no talk about the windows app yet.

Unfortunately NBTC informed that they have no power against the provider when it concerns international speeds.

That is why now a new claim has been started for the local speed.

By the way, my international speed to London is still 10 Mbps