WHO praises Thailand for its efforts to contain COVID-19

rooster59

12 minutes ago, smedly said:

yes but they are not the only source of food just like bars are not the only source of Beer, it isn't about that - it is about limiting people from close contact with others - treetown in Pattaya was in full swing last night very busy serving many people beer and food - look at the ban in the UK - restaurants were not excluded but could offer a delivery service or perhaps takeaway - just no sitting

some of the little restaurants around pattaya that serve many could be issued with an order - no sitting - takeaway only - that would make some sense IMO

so yes come to treetown and order food to go - no sitting all night drinking 

PS - you got a reasonable answer to a reasonable question and sensible discussion ????

Sure! The more they close the better. Anyway, closing nothing would be more bad, so closing the bars must still be positive.

Then again, according to the WHO, Thailand is praised for doing good. I am more in for trusting WHO than you. No offense. ???? 

Regarding your PS. You are choosing what is reasonable or sensible based on what you deem is. I am open minded and answering any questions, discussions or other things that might come my way. ???? 

• Like 1

Great. Elbow bump but silly surgical mask which I'll bet he doesn't wear at all unless there's a camera about. I notice the WHO guy isn't wearing one - is that significant?

Edited by ParkerN

Mr. Anutin said Dr. Kertesz also praised Thailand’s promotion of social distancing as a means of preventing the accelerated spread of the contagion

????? It was actually Bavaria/Germany that has started it.

But Thailand is great in copying, we all know that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Praises a country which should have closed it's borders weeks ago, like Russia did and who now has almost zero problems with the virus, must be an early April 1st joke. They put the whole country at risk by putting income above the nations health, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Almost zero problems? Russia had over 100 cases in last two days and first death!

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

I watch a video from China were authorities were seen to be welding main entrances to buildings where people lived to contain them and stop them leaving, no idea if authentic or not but it looked real enough

Since China started to be a world power, did you notice the how the accusations increased? I mean, China was accused almost of everything and anything.

If it was THAT bad, why did not any super power wipe out China the way they did to some ME countries? Honestly, are these stories 100% believable?

(Very similar to the Thai bashings on TVF - 90% BS)

Edited by ravip
Add
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ravip said:

Since China started to be a world power, did you notice the how the accusations increased? I mean, China was accused almost of everything and anything.

If it was THAT bad, why did not any super power wipe out China the way they did to some ME countries? Honestly, are these stories 100% believable?

what ?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

The 20% rise in cases in the last week or so could be because more stringent testing has been finely been implemented. Many of the new cases are people who were linked to that Bangkok boxing stadium.

So far, there are very few official cases outside of Bangkok.  

One in Buriram yesterday.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

That's hilarious! Vox in that snippet was merely repeating exactly what potus said. Are you denying he said those things? 

II'm just waiting for Super-Donny to announce that the Chinese miltary created this virus. At that point, his long-term game plan will be plain for all to see...

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, ravip said:

maybe a Traubert's friend/associated ???

2 minutes ago, 300sd said:

The WHO is pathetic. I think they have done a disservice to the world in their slow re-actions to a calamity in the making. They are a joke.

should they had called it a pandemic earlier it may have made a big change, as the leading worldwide health organization, they didn't react as fast as they should/could have.... but politics and big $$$$$$$$$$$ contributions involved

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ravip said:

As you cant find a minimum of 3 BS Thai bashings, consider your decision as final - you will NEVER accept another persons view point. 1000THB? You know what to do...

Methinks your words are so clever you managed to fall over them.

Still, have a good day, and remmber: watch out for the Thai-bashers, they'll just ruin your whole day.

• Haha 1

Praised for exporting a huge stockpile of facemasks so the general population cant easily buy any and failing to resolve the situation.

Praised for charging its own citizens for a Virus test and allowing private hospitals to price gouge.

Praised for the accurate fast and totally transparent release of Covid data.......5555

Praised for the unrestricted welcoming of the Chinese from day one of the virus outbreak.

Truly a magnificent effort offering great reassurance to the general populace.

Well done.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

No tests - no cases. Problem solved.

Indeed. I'm just hoping the alternative explanation, that the heat kills it, is true. On the other hand, most Thais have a pretty limited social circle. Their aversion to, or fear of, foreigners may be a factor. Outside of the tourist areas that is. I'm guessing Pattaya and Phuket are danger zones. Like, most of my relatives by marriage have one contact with a foreigner, and that's me. Having said that, both of my SO's sons work in the hospitality industry, so there's a danger there. 

56 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Methinks your words are so clever you managed to fall over them.

Still, have a good day, and remmber: watch out for the Thai-bashers, they'll just ruin your whole day.

God bless you and keep you safe and sound.

WHO's praises :

-lie

-lie again

-make the people laugh by your orders and counter-orders

-repeat our words like monkeys (but without the bananas)

-mimic what other countries are doing, even if it's totally stupid

-do not think by yourself

-and very important : do not test (use any possible excuses to delay, to postpone, to change the criterias etc.) DO NOT TEST.

It's the utmost importance that the livestock, sorry the people, believe that the virus kills half of the infected, that the virus is a "destroyer of worlds".

So we need to keep the number of cases LOW. Capiche ?

Eventhough the virus is everywhere, and most people do not even feel it.

Voilà.

If you follow this "plan", you'll get our "praises".

Happy ?

• Confused 1

Of course, that's just the WHO representative in Thailand, who lives here and is dependant on the Thai authorities for 'good relations'.  Much like foreign ambassadors who hardly ever say a bad word about their host country!  It just wouldn't be etiquette!  I bet Mr Anutin asked the WHO guy to say this, rather than being initiated from the WHO side!!  Just a guess, of course!

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

should they had called it a pandemic earlier it may have made a big change, as the leading worldwide health organization, they didn't react as fast as they should/could have.... but politics and big $$$$$$$$$$$ contributions involved

Yes but they are hardly unique in that too slow response. Italy, Iran, the USA, and Spain come to mind. 

• Like 1