Now they are closing condo pools

ronjomtien

6 hours ago, JimboJ said:

I found the attached somewhere on the internet last night - I forget where.

A thai friend assures me that it says nothing about swimming pools.  Perhaps others would like to check.

Its also worth looking at https://www.troublefreepool.com/wiki/index.php?title=Swimming_Pools_and_COVID-19_Coronavirus.

It seems that chlorine is very effective against the virus.

Chonburi communicable diseases committee COVID-19.pdf 140.69 kB · 1 download

Close pools because of the Virus, but keep Restaurants and Bars, which sell hotdogs, open ??   Like in a Donald Duck movie ???? 

On 3/22/2020 at 12:49 AM, newnative said:

I'm in Bangkok right now and my Bangkok condo closed the pool, gym, library, and sky lounge yesterday.  I'm not happy about the pool and sky lounge closing as I was usually swimming in the pool by myself or with 1 or 2 others and the very large sky lounge only ever had 4 or 5 people using it at one time--there was plenty of room to sit far apart.  Haven't heard what is happening at my Pattaya condo. 

One overall comment, I wouldn't be surprised if some places skimp on the chlorine which is what keeps the water clean.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:55 PM, Airalee said:

Same as my condo.  And they even put tape on the floor of the elevators dividing it into 4 sections and have made it a rule that we have to wear masks and cannot talk while riding in it.

I feel so much safer now.

(How about whispering?)

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2020 at 7:08 PM, Play your cards right said:

The pool in my condo is a magnet for tourists. One stays in the building then all the rest stay somewhere cheaper with no pool. The one with the keycard pops to 7-11 and comes back with all their friends. I can't count the number of times I have found the security door stopped from closing with a small stone.

So my vote would be to close the pools, it's really not worth it.

Please to see that they are closing the pool in my condo

IMG_2159.PNG

On 3/21/2020 at 9:14 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't understand the public health aspect of this... Pools are typically chlorinated, so that ought to take care of anything that might get into the water...  And usually when swimming, people aren't closely bumping into each other so much....or breathing on each other.  At least gyms I can understand a bit more.

And meanwhile, supermarkets and the BTS/MRT (places where people come into close contact with each other) remain open as normal. I don't get it!!!

theres nothing to get except  the  stupidity

you need to understand that there is a global organization behind those moves.

it is all done in the same time by all countries around the world.

thailand has no choice but to comply with the WHO instructions.

acctualy you should feel lucky for being in thailand in this time.

the government is managing the situation calmly and does not spread

panick and fear the way it happans in other countries.

On 3/21/2020 at 9:29 PM, baansgr said:

People tend to dribble and spit when swimming, going to buy food In a supermarket is a necessity, swimming isn't

Yes, swimming can spread virus through various means.

Edited by EricTh

11 minutes ago, EricTh said:

. Do you think there is virus in a fart?

Yes.  If it is a Hershey squirt?

Evidence shows the virus has been found in fecal matter thus the rectal swabbing option to determine infection.

Edited by bkk6060

On 3/21/2020 at 9:59 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The supermarkets and BTS/MRT are supposed to be remaining open as usual.

I haven't heard of any changes re public taxis or song thows.

This is the Pattaya Forum. No BTS/MRT here.

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

Many people have suffered ear infections from swimming.  Bacteria, or virus, infection is infection. 

The ear infections, known as swimmer's ear, are caused by not shaking out or draining off the (chlorinated) water that has got into your ear while swimming. Water left sitting in the nice, warm confines of your ear is an ideal breeding ground for bacteria from elsewhere, and that's what causes the infection, it's not because of bugs you pick up in the swimming pool itself. Always make sure you get all the water you can out of your ears after swimming.

23 minutes ago, Guderian said:

The ear infections, known as swimmer's ear, are caused by not shaking out or draining off the (chlorinated) water that has got into your ear while swimming. Water left sitting in the nice, warm confines of your ear is an ideal breeding ground for bacteria from elsewhere, and that's what causes the infection, it's not because of bugs you pick up in the swimming pool itself. Always make sure you get all the water you can out of your ears after swimming.

Is a swimming pool the ONLY place where people swim????

• 1 month later...