condo facilities

Bannockburn

Went to my condo gym last Friday (Bangkok / Huai Khwang).  Four other residents also there at the time.  I was the only one wearing a mask (for whatever that's worth).  Noticed two of the residents using the weights and machines without wiping them down first or after.  Lifting the weights without gloves.  Not a single one of them (other than me) using hand sanitizer or going to the restroom to wash hands afterward.  I admit these are habits I used to have, as well, but I've become more cautious during this situation.  I did not use the pool that evening; however, there were two patrons swimming laps in the pool.  I'm not a virologist, so I don't know if that's okay or not, with chlorine and such.  But I've been playing it safe by not swimming lately.

By Sunday, the pool and gym had been closed "until further notice".  As you must be a resident to use the gym, I wish they'd simply put up notices mandating masks, wiping down equipment, using gloves or towels, no more than 4 or 5 people at a time, and rearrange the equipment to be spread out more.  And don't use the facilities if you're not feeling well.  In other words, basic common sense and concern for others.  I suppose it's understandable, and only temporary, but disappointing - as it was my only respite from staying indoors lately (nothing really open to go and do outside). 

p.s.:  I noticed my building has recently put up actual notices in the elevators about "no spitting".

My condo pool and golf course in Chiang Rai are still open, no idea for how long.

I play golf alone, and only swim when there is no-one else around. Introverts are thriving under current conditions.

On 3/22/2020 at 8:19 PM, NCC1701A said:

yes two other topics on this now.

no pools no gym no common areas. strict rules for elevators.

There are no official rules for condo pools. It's up to management. Common pools are ordered to close. I haven't seen anything written about elevators. 

5 hours ago, Greenhill said:

So, as we see clearly from the above comments, confusion reigns, as usual in this country where nothing is clear!!

Everything is up to the Provincial Governor in every province. If you read the news you would know that. 

4 minutes ago, CH1961 said:

That is the reason why some people are living here and not in nanny state ????

"Nanny state" ? Thailand is also a state where you are rules & regulations over ride common sense ! I know what I prefer ! Not The Siam Kingdom of authoritian incompetence 

Just now, Peterw42 said:

My condo pool in Jomtien shut down. They just need to bite the bullet and do 100% shutdown, the half shutdown serves no purpose

The condo management decides if they close the pool or not. It has nothing to do with community pools. 

13 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

"Nanny state" ? Thailand is also a state where you are rules & regulations over ride common sense ! I know what I prefer ! Not The Siam Kingdom of authoritian incompetence 

If you're even in Thailand at the moment, who forced you here?  Stop whining. 

• Like 1