Minor International urges PM, governor to further restrict public movement, temporarily closing Bangkok hotels

snoop1130

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

We applaud the strong actions that have been taken by the Thai government and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) to date

What strong actions? In my country we call this sucking up... but it may be what you have to do to get government attention in the LONSMS (Land of not so many smiles!)

Edited by bangkokfrog

Well, at least Mr Heinecke believes in science. He also wrote a letter to the Bangkok Post during the military takeover supporting it. So Bill is just talking to people he wanted and put in power. I think Thailand is at the tipping point with this anyways so expect harsh rules for travel outside your home at least in the BKK area soon. Other nations are doing it so Thailand will follow as it usually does. But if the Thai leaders look around them, they see Laos and Myanmar still in the dark age without information. Those two nations like North Korea are not releasing any data from what I've seen and that doesn't help Thailand. On the other hand, Thailand is happy to have local foreigners working at this time. You can see trucks of constructions workers packed in heading to building sites in some places. Does Thailand care about these people doing their hard work? Probably not as they never have care about the people at the bottom.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

We further applaud the important steps that the government has announced to support wage-earners and companies throughout Thailand during this period.

This is the first time I've heard this. 

What support is being offered to wage earners and businesses? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Expect a war of blame to start from this countries numpties.....

Yeah, isn't the army the owner of that stadium which is was the epicenter of the current spread of infections? Should've shut it down.

Heinecke at his very best, always blowing his own trumpet. As a naturalized Thai he believes in being super Thai. Wondering if he would carry on paying 37'000 staff for, say, six months without working in one of those many hotels. 

Stay home, yes, ease the pain of zero income by tapping those honey pots they all filled to the rim in the past but - done in style - you let others praise your efforts. 

Closing everything, by the leadership government, has been the proverbial shot into their own foot; hundreds of thousands are moving out of central Thailand to where they have basic shelter and some basic food - which is called home. You may expect explosive figures in the poorest corners of the country.

Purposely kept uneducated, they will never understand, what is wrong in not sharing food, drinks, glasses and why personal hygiene such as continuously washing hands. The Thai boomerang is on its way back and the only thing we read is Heinecke's horn of plenty letter ???? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

What do you think would happen to those (and more) if this turns completely out of control, with millions getting infected, tens of thousands dying, hospitals breaking down, and people starting to panic? Do you really think those you mentioned would be selling ice cream and going to the market? Considering what we can see in other countries, I’m surprised that some still don’t seem to understand why such measures are necessary now, and...

...so I’m wondering who the simpleton is. 

It could be like the Tv show -the league of gentlemen,episode-Anarchay in Royston vasey,get legs akimbo theatre company over here now!