Covid-19 curfew, if imposed, should be 24-hour lockdown , says Wissanu

webfact

5 hours ago, Tayaout said:

It worked in China. Only 1 person per household authorized to go get food every other day. Not sure if they can implement this in thailand. 

With the Thai mindset it will be totally impossible to sustain a 24hr Curfew; they don't do 'rules' !

• Like 1

A post using content from an unapproved YouTube source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source, the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook etc.) should always be shown.

Some offensive posts and replies have been removed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

From past experience, it’s going to be a mess, but we need to accept it as much as we don’t like it. Something needs to be done as people, sorry to say locals, just don’t understand. 

The damage has already been done when the masses were given the warning that something like this was coming and they all headed home, back to their village. 

I’m prepared -  but not forever. 

I am not looking forward to my 90 day report, a possible house visit for a visa extension and the stupid ideas about limiting shopping times, let’s see what a cluster f it is after the announcement.

• Like 1

The Thai government don't understand what they are dealing with or what they are doing. Although most people may ultimately get the virus, the point is to try and stop many people getting the virus at the same time (aka, flatten the curve). Since people can make other people sick, common sense alone will tell you, stay away from other people as much as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobinBKK said:

It is rather a pointless idea because you can simply download the app and not carry the phone with you. Many people have more than one phone so you can download the app on one phone for "show" and your second phone can be used to "go". Understand?

A little while back the government were offering a 1000b incentive for locals to go on holiday in Thailand, a promote Thailand for Thai people idea. You needed to register on this phone app, most of the population were glued to the clock, so at 2.00 am they would enter their details and claim the money. It seems that every night the servers crashed, and the nightly allowance was all gone within a short space of time.

These people live in some alternative reality where smartphones will be the answer to all their control ideas. The Chinese can do it, to a certain extent, but through a combination of facial recognition, financial transactions and also a massive amount of human data entry. 

I seriously doubt our man is waiting for 2 days after announcing so that his team can build a mobile phone app.

'They will also be required to download an application to track their locations':

No need for application download, the position is visible at any time via trilaterion - ie to the network operator, to which the gov will have/get access.

Edited by visacrack

3 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

So he's ignorant because he does not want to be tracked for no good reason? Not only will tracking not provide any beneficial info to the Thai government, it is totalitarian.

No, he is ignorant due to the constant stream of negativity and posturing over a remark that is unlikely to affect him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

If the government imposed a curfew, it should be round-the-clock , said Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam March 25.

Oh so when the banks are closed, no food to buy from the supermarkets,  no service workers for your television and internet service you think this will be a measured response. Already those who work are impacted with some having no income at all.  I guess the government thinks starving to death is worse than the Coronavirus

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tayaout said:

It worked in China. Only 1 person per household authorized to go get food every other day. Not sure if they can implement this in thailand. 

Has it really worked in China... sure it slows it but have they defeated it... you are watching too much Chinese tv if you believe it is now under control there...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Has it really worked in China... sure it slows it but have they defeated it... you are watching too much Chinese tv if you believe it is now under control there...

I believe it worked but the virus will start spreading again pretty soon. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The government has also allowed many venues to continue operations , including factories, banks, pharmacies, financial institutions, eateries, and shops that sell necessary consumer items , he added.

I agree with the suggestion of a 24 hours curfew but why has the UK, Australian and Canadian Governments been allowed to operate the VFS Bio Metric Data collection Centre in Bangkok? There is no need for them to remain open and they are a serious risk to public heath and safety and the transmission of the Virus.  (Mixed messages in the proposed 5PM to 12MIDNIGHT  7PM 7AM curfews) Is the virus only active during these hours?  Shoes are the other main concern.  We should have trays of disinfectant available to step in when entering a condo - Remove shoes at the door.

Edited by OffshoreMig
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Expect alcoholism depression and suicide rate to spike, due to economic issues, loneliness among other things. 

Oh same same as before the virus than

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chazar said:

pathetic  ,  in  your  own  vehicle,  they  are  truly  mad

Buses, vans, coaches - passenger vehicles I dare say that is what was meant.  Private vehicles carrying multiple passengers may be a cause for them to check but I doubt they would be going after you in your own car.  

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Expect alcoholism depression and suicide rate to spike, due to economic issues, loneliness among other things. 

Expect speculative, uninformed posts about "alcoholism depression and suicide rate to spike, due to economic issues, loneliness" to spike.

• Like 2