In grim milestone, United States logs world's highest coronavirus death toll

rooster59

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The US had its first case on exactly the same day as did S.Korea.

The S. Korean government responded immediately with nation wide, centrally directed policies that worked.

The head of the US Government spent the following 6 weeks, downplaying the risk, waffling about hoaxes, telling lies, playing golf, blaming others and making baseless predictions.

The US President has still not directed a nation wide response. 

America and Americans are paying the tragic price of Trump’s inability to do his job.

Absolutely!! And if this presidential attitude persists, the outcome will be far and beyond today's expectations. Big sigh

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The S. Korean government responded immediately with nation wide, centrally directed policies that worked.

The head of the US Government spent the following 6 weeks, downplaying the risk, waffling about hoaxes, telling lies, playing golf, blaming others and making baseless predictions.

America and Americans are paying the tragic price of Trump’s inability to do his job.

Population Korea  51  million, America  328million

57 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Sounds to me that they would need some help and advice from China, to get people in line and do what is necessary to limit the spread and more deaths.

Yeah mabye they can lock them in their apartments to starve to death or put them in re-education camps. Or just run over them with tanks, China has so much to teach us on how to control people. 

15 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Population Korea  51  million, America  328million

Population statistics are irrelevant in this post. It’s about the efficacy of the “leader’s “ response. The US doesn’t have effective leadership 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

That's straightforward enough.  The USA is a huge country with most inhabitants never going abroad or even out of their own state.  It is said that 80% of Americans do not have a passport.  It is a country made up of communities that rarely mix with other communities outside of their immediate area.  Whereas the UK (a small but densely populated country), people are far more likely to travel.  The main area of contamination in the UK is in and around London where there is daily contact of thousands of people commuting and working in confined spaces.  Same as New York where the concentration of cases is rampant.

North Yorkshire and West Midlands are also hotspots. 

3 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

North Yorkshire and West Midlands are also hotspots. 

Yes I know that the West Midlands is a hotspot too.  Again a highly mobilised, densely populated area.  I was just trying to illustrate the different dynamics between the USA and Britain.  It can also be seen in Australia against European countries like Italy and Spain.

24 minutes ago, chokrai said:

Yeah mabye they can lock them in their apartments to starve to death or put them in re-education camps. Or just run over them with tanks, China has so much to teach us on how to control people. 

Suit yourself then, don't say we didn't offer, ingrate. ????????????????

I'm having a bat soup with green curry tonight, and when this is all over, the first thing I do is checking out the great wall of china and enjoy my freedom again ....

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 6.07.25 PM.png

Edited by RedPill
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t disagree with your synopsis.

the IS response has been a series of dogs-dinner mess pretty much.

Lots of leaders contradicting and just not even talking publicly about safety measures at all in some cases.
trump saying ridiculous stuff like; ‘ I won’t wear a mask in my office’ don’t help! 
I think both major parties have behaved pretty poorly.

Dem’s and Repub’s sniping and stabbing at eat other during what could still end up as a national medical tragedy. The press camps left n right have also behaved appallingly.

I would say that the system of Sth Korea while Democratic like the US is a very different structure.

State control and Federal in US with a fierce holding of what is said to be ‘democratic rights’ by all.

Only federal control in Korea, a very very different mindset to US.

US has state controls independent of Federal control even when the War Act was unlocked and put in place by Trump!

Koean psyche is to obey and comply em mass.

US culture extols independence over collective e.g. churches defying requests to not congregate and holding services, states defying Federal edicts/requests/suggestions to enact safety procedures.

your right to say it’s been a shambles and people have lied, distorted, minimised, deflected and contradicted themselves.

Keep up the honest probing challenging posts mate. Gus knows we need them. ????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Idiotic reply. I never said that China is an overall road model. Just in this case they have come out as a winner, and it would be better to take advice and take actions like they did related to this specific virus. However, as we all know the great US of A is only listening to it self. I hope that will be good enough this time.

A rare moment where I’m in complete agreement 

4 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Total bull manure!

Sure you have to try to protect your economy if you can but isolating the population is the best deterrent we have and that should take priority.  If you have to borrow more money (I know the USA's debt is already staggering) to allow companies to furlough their employees then just do it!  You have a moron in the White House who has totally screwed up dealing with this so far.  Don't let him continue to cost lives that could be saved!

Borrow more money? Says the non-American who finds himself hyperventalating over all things American. Sure more money will be borrowed .... and when the USA falls off the cliff your drops gonna be a lot harder when you hit the ground ... no lets chill on borrowing if possible.... do what you like in your own country...I could care less!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

What exactly does praying do? 

Provides comfort. Think of it as centering yourself with meditation if it makes you feel better....or providing kind words to give hope, expressions of love etc......hope that helps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rhyddid said:

Very sad, but well forecasted, we have see the initial approach of Trump and the "orthodox" republican governors, say god will protect them, what you may guess, that soon a 0 shall be placed on such figures!

Biggest problem areas are democrat controlled. NYC mayor and Governor of NY ....are they not the ones who told everyone ride the subway... no need to cover your face? Blame is easy see? Lets just plow through this and pray its over soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

In a few weeks he will be boasting that the US had the most deaths, MAGA

The problem is - and I say this in all seriousness - is that he will manage to turn the worlds highest death toll into a positive. 

How? Probably by claiming the numbers were a lot less than expected, thanks to him and his genius.

Whatever the excuse actually is, It will be breathtakingly audacious and you’ll see it very quickly here when his disciples start regurgitating the excuse d’jour right here on TV.  

Edited by samran
  • Like 1

I see that the covid-19 mortality rate in USA (3.86%) is about half that of the world rate (6.12%), and a third of the UK and Italy rates (12.5%). Appears the highest mortality rates are UK and Italy.

None of this is making any sense,,..yet. Hope this gets sorted out now!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

I'm having a bat soup with green curry tonight, and when this is all over, the first thing I do is checking out the great wall of china and enjoy my freedom again ....

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 6.07.25 PM.png

I can't wait for them to come back to the beautifully clean beaches, like the good old days.

1011301_647216545308098_1682294149_n.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, i84teen said:

I see that the covid-19 mortality rate in USA (3.86%) is about half that of the world rate (6.12%), and a third of the UK and Italy rates (12.5%). Appears the highest mortality rates are UK and Italy.

None of this is making any sense,,..yet. Hope this gets sorted out now!

No, you are 100 % right! Mortality rate is totally irrelevant and does not make any sense. It doesn´t have to do that either. What matters is how many people and life that will be lost before each country get a grip on containing the virus. In that case it´s going to be very hard in USA. They have the Bill of Rights, that everyone interpret as they wish to fit it´s functions for their own agenda. Basically that means, that nobody is telling me what to do. That´s the perfect recipe for disaster.