Pattaya: Stay off the beach or go to jail!

webfact

Power was out in part of Jomtien this afternoon, so took a walk to get some food. Most people had masks, but of course there are the idiots who put mask down on chin (they too thick to realise that perhaps virus could be on chin, then if happen to wear mask properly, get some prime shots of the virus), people with mask in hand or bag, on face but below nose... group of Italians with masks down in tight circle.

I try to restrain myself... want to say "If you want to kill yourself, fine. But you have no right to take me and others down with you"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

The closed order is from the 2 april.

By chance it wasn't enforced untill today

walking and jogging on the beach or on the sidewalk isn't an activitie at risk

the risk was the few peoples (Groups of old foreigners and groups of young thais)

sitting around some beers and smokings but of course it's seems to be more easy

to ''punish'' all the population rather than disperse the few irreducible

agree, the commons sense approach is for the police to be proactive and remind/encourage people that they shouldn't be gathering, if they move on no problem, any issues fine them - as happens in other countries. persecuting the masses because of the behavior of the few seems overkill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, J Town said:

Anyone know if Jomtien is following suit?

I drove alongside Jomtien Beach on the motorbike several times yesterday and today. The same signs where up telling people "no activities". Many people walking or jogging at the sidewalk near the beach, or standing around and talking, often closer than 2 meters of each other. A few were swimming in the sea. A few policemen here or there were signaling people to get off the beach/out of the water and others who were sitting somewhere to stand up. No fines handed out. They said nothing to the walkers/joggers and those just standing around, or to those without mask.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Emdog said:

Power was out in part of Jomtien this afternoon, so took a walk to get some food. Most people had masks, but of course there are the idiots who put mask down on chin (they too thick to realise that perhaps virus could be on chin, then if happen to wear mask properly, get some prime shots of the virus), people with mask in hand or bag, on face but below nose... group of Italians with masks down in tight circle.

I try to restrain myself... want to say "If you want to kill yourself, fine. But you have no right to take me and others down with you"

Well if you have a mask then you are protected from the non mask wearers right?....

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Well if you have a mask then you are protected from the non mask wearers right?....

I'd say more protection than none. I'm sure we have all watched conflicting videos of this virus and have conflicting views. I saw one that indicated a face mask will, whilst not fully protect, allow less of the virus into your system, allowing your body to cope with it better. Rightfully or not, it made sense to me. So, keeping your distance, with a face mask allows a level of protection, in my eyes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DefaultName said:

These "sub districts" that we're not allowed to leave, anybody got a map of them?  Google is no help with this.

Thanks.

The order posted on page 2 was for Phuket

which is divised in 3 districts (Amphoe) and 17 subdistricts (Tambon)

Edited by kingofthemountain

8 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Well no. Apparently one is not simply only infected by breathing it in. You seen all the doctors and nurses in PPE still getting infected?

1 minute ago, baansgr said:

You should read some of the comments on social media FB...if it wasn't so serious it would be laughable the rubbish some idiots come out with....keep comparing it to road deaths, or 5g...or stating the lowest figures like Iceland..do your own thing, stay safe and prepare, let the conspiracy theorists have their day....bet ya bottom dollar, those same people are hunkered down and only venture out in a Hazmat... hypocritical or what.

Bottom line, it's the speed of infection that makes this so dangerous. Yes, there are lots of people wearing aluminium foil hats who think this is all a global conspiracy.

Complete madness, walking on the beach for exercise should be allowed as long as social distancing is observed, thankfully i don't live in Pattaya, and can still walk  on the beach, or swim, even sit in a beach restaurant, lets hope that can continue.