Exercise outdoors permitted during lockdown, confirms Phuket health chief

snoop1130

Exercise outdoors permitted during lockdown, confirms Phuket health chief

By The Phuket News

1586776792_1-org.jpg

A notice by the Ministry of Public Health showing that exercise outside is allowed during the COVID-19 situation, as long as all the health regulations are followed. Image: MoPH

PHUKET:-- People are allowed to exercise in public, such as jogging and cycling, during the current lockdown across the island as along as they obey all the regulations involved, the Chief of the Phuket Public Health Office (PPHO) has confirmed.

However, he urged that it is best to exercise in your own home or residence.

“It is good for people to keep healthy, especially at this time,” PPHO Chief Thanit Sermkaew told The Phuket News today (Apr13), Songkran Day and the first day of the 14-day “Tambon Lockdown” across the island.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/exercise-outdoors-permitted-during-lockdown-confirms-phuket-health-chief-75687.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-13

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Also, please wear a mask while you are outside,” Dr Thanit added. Of note, the Phuket Governor has already warned that people in Phuket that they must wear a face mask at all times while in public or else risk being fined up to B20,000.

Nobody in the poster are wearing masks

During my 5 am run every day I see a group of health workers running/cycling. When exercising the socially acceptable distance, if behind someone, should be at least FOUR metres. These guys keep as close together as possible and only one wears a mask. 

I wear a mask on my chin for the remote possibility that I meet up with someone that appears nervous, when I can pull it up.

• Like 1

It really is time to let Phuket people swim in the sea again.

Its the hottest time of the year , and swimming reduces heat stress whilst increasing circulation .

There is absolutely no evidence of swimming increasing  the chance of  Wuhan Virus transmission.

Lots of people have come to live in Phuket by a beach.

If one is in an apartment , then they cannot use the gym.

They cant use the pool.

I understand why.

But to then ban a person  from using the beach AND the sea without any  good reason , is really unfair.

PS . Is nobody else  extremely annoyed by the VDO A.1.  popup that deliberately launches itself from a side or top position to 'centre' to  blot out the  readable text as you change pages here on TV ??  Ive reduced my reading significantly as a result of its presence , and 2 fellow BMs have told me the same. Most annoying !!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

Its the hottest time of the year , and swimming reduces heat stress whilst increasing circulation .

There is absolutely no evidence of swimming increasing  the chance of  Wuhan Virus transmission.

They cant use the pool.

I understand why.

But to then ban a person  from using the beach AND the sea without any  good reason , is really unfair.

PS . Is nobody else  extremely annoyed by the VDO A.1.  popup that deliberately launches itself from a side or top position to 'centre' to  blot out the  readable text as you change pages here on TV ??  Ive reduced my reading significantly as a result of its presence , and 2 fellow BMs have told me the same. Most annoying !!

Agree.
There is enough space on the beach and in the sea.
It should be easy to maintain social distance.

PS: The annoying pop up ad video can be switched off with ad blockers or you can use for example the Opera browser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately here in Pattaya you're not allowed on the beach any more, and police have been shooing people (not just groups) out of beach road. In fact effectively preventing people from exercising.

12 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

In fact, the first line, in Thai, says don't wear a mask while exercising. Then it says not to exercise in places with lots of people. 

Edited by LawrenceN
Corrected translation for accuracy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:
13 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

9 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

In fact, the first line, in Thai, says don't wear a mask while exercising. Then it says not to exercise in places with lots of people. 

Interesting. Have you guys read the full article? There appears to be a contradiction.

Well most announcements and news articles have contradictions in them. It is the standard. What we call contradictions is actually Thai logic. If you point it out to them the response will likely be: farang don't understand. This is the so called Dunning-Kruger effect.

In the field of psychology, the DunningKruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with low ability at a task overestimate their ability. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability.

1 hour ago, Roel said:

In the field of psychology, the DunningKruger, It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability.

About sums this guy up to a tee...

Capture.JPG

• Haha 2

I threw in the translation above. I don't know if it's a contradiction as much as it's a recognition of the reality of the situation. Lots of people find it uncomfortable to run or bike with a mask on. The Public Health seem to be saying "Do your best." I can relate. Personally, I had myself a 30+ km bike ride this morning in Chiang Mai. I wore a mask and didn't stop to talk to anyone. It's very unlikely that I exposed anyone to any germs I might have, and equally unlikely I got anybody else's.

By the way, there's one more sentence on the poster that I did not translate. On the right, under the person doing yoga in front of the TV, it says, "Home is the best place to exercise."

Aircon helps with the heat. Or fans. But in a condo you'll get crazy if stay with kids. And wife and grandma, etc. Must be a torture. In an European country there was a case that presented himself at the police station and asked to be arrested since he was already too <deleted> off of staying with his mom at home without being able to go out.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 11:04 PM, zaZa9 said:

They cant use the pool.

I understand why.

you are correct.. in fact from what I have learned the virus doesn't live in the water let alone chlorinated water...a bit over reaction me thinks