Another fall in new COVID-19 cases in Thailand

webfact

A post with a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

1 hour ago, Guitar God said:

Thailand has been one of the best examples of how to contain the virus

Here are some real examples of how to deal with the contagion: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/16/world/coronavirus-response-lessons-learned-intl/index.html

You might notice a paragraph of interest there:

Lesson #3: Test, trace and quarantine
Authorities carried out widespread testing and tracing the contacts of infected people, putting them all under quarantine. It proactively tested anyone who got off cruise ships and even retested people diagnosed with influenza or pneumonia, to make sure they hadn't been misdiagnosed and were infected with coronavirus.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for the social media to go 'viral' about deaths and bad cases of this virus.

Also, so far no increase in funerals in my area. Thai funerals are not exactly quiet!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I live right in the centre of one of those provinces and I can assure you that no one was busy preparing for Songkran. They were too busy protecting themselves against Covid.

You're talking B/S!

Yes...sure > Talking BS 

Five held for celebrating Songkran on Roi Et street

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385883?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

Believe them or not I prefer under reporting than mass over reporting as in the US basically chalking up everything with similar conditions to Corvid19 without confirmation.

Same same but different .. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I missed that one, care to point me in the general direction (pun intended)?

Here you go:

The other bit about the four-week spread before a major outbreak was, I think, from an article in the Bangkok Post so I can't post it here (even if I could find it!)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kevin612 said:

This week around 30s, hopefully next weeks around 17, 18 19.

Yes. The numbers are encouraging. Another couple of weeks and the parks should re-open, some people will get back to work and we'll start getting back to some semblance of previous normality. Social distancing and precautions in place for the next few months but the signs are looking positive 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Realist thank you. 26 new cases in a population of 70,000,000 with very little testing and one of the most virulent virus humanity has ever encountered.

Today's number is 2,672 total reported cases and 1,593 recovered, add to that the dead, 46 and that leaves 1,033 still sick and presumably sick enough to go to the hospital. I will agree that number is low. There are no doubt many sick at home and never went to be tested. How low do you think it is? How many people are out there with symptoms, fever, cough, etc. are out there? Or do you think the hospitals are not reporting COVID-19 cases? Have you heard of hospitals overrun with patients?

16 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

Sounds good but I will wait to see what the numbers are like in a couple of weeks time as I suspect there were still quite a few family gatherings over the last few days 

hope that testing is being done to get the real figures.

32 minutes ago, Chassa said:

I'm still waiting for the social media to go 'viral' about deaths and bad cases of this virus.

They won't. http://www.this.or.th/files/6.pdf

Other reason of low quality COD is that 60-70% of the deaths occurred outside hospitals. COD information in death certificate is provided by relative of deceased to village registrar who has no health or medical background. As the result, large number of COD information in civil registration system is ill-defined and questionable.

"Lung infections". Never to be confirmed. Business as usual, the BBQs might get some extra work.

9 minutes ago, Hockeybik said:

Today's number is 2,672 total reported cases and 1,593 recovered, add to that the dead, 46 and that leaves 1,033 still sick and presumably sick enough to go to the hospital. I will agree that number is low. There are no doubt many sick at home and never went to be tested. How low do you think it is? How many people are out there with symptoms, fever, cough, etc. are out there? Or do you think the hospitals are not reporting COVID-19 cases? Have you heard of hospitals overrun with patients?

The 3 major hospitals in Bangkok that specialize in Covid treatment including Siriraj and Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute are full with covid related patients

3 hours ago, toenail said:

I question if all COVID-19 cases are reported. I see plenty of village folks in the rural areas  not practicing “social distancing”.  Oh, I forgot, it is only “farangs “ that spread the virus.????

Today in my village (where I'm the only foreigner), in the middle between Ubon and Mukdahan, 35km from Khemmarat at the border with Laos, I observed from a distance that there was held a meeting in the community hall next to my residence. 

Never seen so many cars parked around. 

The hall was fully packed with a dense crowd not keeping distance among each other. Many officials in the crowd and also police around. (As usual not any foreigner.)

I gestured from a distance that people should keep their distance. 

Officials friendly smiling at me and shouted not to worry because this was an officially organised important meeting about Corona Covid19.....

Edited by Khunangkaro
Edit
  • Like 2

There are those that will always Knock like a woodpecker.

If it is the calm before the storm, I do not see it.

I am also not sure that more testing would prove anything.

The deaths do not appear to be increasing & as many people who have contacted it say 

when it gets to a certain point you have to seek treatment, not just take a pill & sweat it out.

Where are they ? . Four weeks ago I was preparing for the worst but so far these figures suggest Thailand may have dodged the bullet. Why & how, I have no idea except the shaking hands thing

& that most people did run for the masks early

Love to hear constructive & non bigoted discussion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's like a stuck record – new numbers are announced and the TV medical committee announce they are all fake then go back to their fifth Chang of the day. 

If you have some solid data people, not just barroom expert theory, please post it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Encouragingly, Dr Taweesin also announced that 25 out of Thailand’s 77 provinces have not reported any new COVID-19 cases in past 14 days.

Did youi see the Judas word in this para?

It's the word 'reported'. That's the one word which renders untrustworthy just about everything else that's been said.

Someone in Thailand is getting the hang of the whole deception and obfuscation thing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I'm with you... Their numbers are fictional but the curve has been flattened...

Lets get back to work and living life again...

More people will die everyday anyway, never going to stop that !!!

Everything is questionable. You dont know what to believe anymore. 

I say this because we should all think about what we are fed - the Covid, the numbers, the fatalities...etc 

Nothing is to be taken as truth. Do your own research.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NemoH said:

People don't though. They just believe everything the MSM put out.

MSM paid for by the people who want you to hear a certain story.

Different MSM, different story on the same topic !!

It's a crazy world we living in ????

1 hour ago, NemoH said:

Everything is questionable. You dont know what to believe anymore. 

I say this because we should all think about what we are fed - the Covid, the numbers, the fatalities...etc 

Go ahead, call me Nostradamus, and have a good laugh, but I am of the belief that we are on the cusp of a second wave. Time will tell, but I believe it's already started in the USA. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, natway09 said:

There are those that will always Knock like a woodpecker.

If it is the calm before the storm, I do not see it.

I am also not sure that more testing would prove anything.

The deaths do not appear to be increasing & as many people who have contacted it say 

when it gets to a certain point you have to seek treatment, not just take a pill & sweat it out.

Where are they ? . Four weeks ago I was preparing for the worst but so far these figures suggest Thailand may have dodged the bullet. Why & how, I have no idea except the shaking hands thing

& that most people did run for the masks early

Love to hear constructive & non bigoted discussion

Ok more than happy to discuss constructively with you. On one of your points initially, why do you not feel that more testing would prove anything? The reason I ask is that testing is the only way to know how many are infected, especially those that carry and spread the virus with no symptoms. This is the most dangerous group to identify and can only be traced with testing. They can be 20% + of positive carriers.

Without testing how does a government know when to relax lockdown and social distancing measures?

34 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The 3 major hospitals in Bangkok that specialize in Covid treatment including Siriraj and Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute are full with covid related patients

proof of this?

4 minutes ago, CGW said:

"executive" summary please, you have proven to have a better understanding than most? (I got bored after the first page!)

Old yai's die home and life goes on as normal without any social media posts. 

I don't think I can condense it more. 

It does beg the question "so why are we locking down if the people are ok with them dying anyway".

• Like 1