Updated List Docs Required- Yearly extension Non O Marriage

I need to apply for a yearly extension of my Non-imm O visa based on marriage.  My extension expires on 8th May.  This will be my 4th renewal.  I am a UK passport holder, male, 58

Can anyone point me to a current list of documents required?

6 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Can anyone point me to a current list of documents required?

You should state which immigration office you are using as they all have their own different interpretations as to what is required.

Here is my list  for  Jomtien..yours will be similar but different I'm sure.

Jomtien March 2020

2 x copies of

1. TM7 application form  signed  both sides.

2. passport face page
3. visa page
4. previous visa extension page
5. TM6
6.Marriage Kor Ror 3  both sides on one page
7. Marriage Kor Ror 2  both sides on one page
8. ID Wife ( front back same page)
9. House book ( showing current address)
10.Bank statement confirming 400,000 + in  Thai bank for at least 2 month's + a transaction on that day

and if the book isn't updated for a while during the last 3 months and book doesn't show when top up occurred then also need a statement showing the last 3 months

Bank statement must be from that day
11. photos 4 different on 2 A4 pages     you and wife at home, 1 must clearly show you including the home/house/condo number.
12. Map to house

2 sets of everything   sign every page ( blue ink  best) except your wife's and witness ID/house book which they must sign.

They will come to interview  at home,and want to interview a "witness"  who must be Thai  but not a close relative  2 copies of their ID and house book..(no need to take witness to immigration office)

no need to  get ticket  when getting the extension stamp ( after 30 day wait)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Surat Thani.

A general list will do.  Do you have a link to one?

It should be mostly the same as last year. The only possible issue is the altered financial proof. Since income letters from the embassy are no longer available for UK passport holders, you need to qualify under the rules for 400,000 baht in the bank, or 12 months of transfers into your Thai bank account. It is always wise to check with your local office to see if they have added any new roadblocks.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2020 at 3:01 PM, johng said:

They will come to interview  at home,and want to interview a "witness"  who must be Thai  but not a close relative  2 copies of their ID and house book..(no need to take witness to immigration office)

In Udon there is no home visit apart from the first extension and you take your witness with you to the immigration office. 

Got a few questions on this - this seems like the closest match for me - except it'll be my first extension (been on multiple-entry non-O for a few years now, but I put 400k into a bank account here last year "just in case").

I'm intending to applying at Chaeng Wattana this Monday 27th, I live with my wife in a rented condo in Bangkok. I'm just not clear on a few things:

• For the bank book, I intend to just use the app to transfer a hundred baht or so between the fixed deposit (which has a little over 400k in it) and savings accounts, then swiping the bank book in a machine early Monday morning to get the balance updated for that day (assuming I can find one open all night!). Should that work as proof of funds?
  • Or do I need a letter from the bank too? Seen contradictory answers to this. I'm planning to go to CW early on Monday (before opening time), I obviously can't get a bank letter before the bank opens... If I do need a letter, can it be issued on a Friday, for a Monday morning application?
  • Is there somewhere I can see some example photos? Do we just need a few pics of us as a couple, gurning at the camera, taken inside our condo? How many pics inside? One in each room? Then another one outside the internal front door showing the number? And another outside showing the name of the building? Can these be printed on regular office paper, or do they need to be glossy photo prints?
  • I still have a copy of our formal printed lease, but it expired last year, and we agreed verbally on a month-to-month indefinite extension with the landlord. Will this be accepted, or do we need to get a new legal lease drawn up and signed?
  • How recent does my Kor Ror 2 need to be? I have the original from when we got married, a newer one from my visa application last year, or I can get a brand new one from the district office this week - but it obviously won't be dated the same day as my application.

I think that's it for now - thanks!

31 minutes ago, thatmanagain said:
  • For the bank book, I intend to just use the app to transfer a hundred baht or so between the fixed deposit (which has a little over 400k in it) and savings accounts, then swiping the bank book in a machine early Monday morning to get the balance updated for that day (assuming I can find one open all night!). Should that work as proof of funds?
  • Or do I need a letter from the bank too? Seen contradictory answers to this. I'm planning to go to CW early on Monday (before opening time), I obviously can't get a bank letter before the bank opens... If I do need a letter, can it be issued on a Friday, for a Monday morning application?

You bank book needs to be updated on the day you apply. You will need a letter from your bank confirming your account. They prefer that it is done day you apply but will accept one from the day before. 

Most banks have branches on the ground floor of the building where Chaeng Wattans immigration is in.

34 minutes ago, thatmanagain said:

Is there somewhere I can see some example photos?

I have not seen any example photos. Basicly a few in a around the condo together is needed. One must show the condo number with both of in it. To be safe it might be good to have one outside the building showing the condo address.

37 minutes ago, thatmanagain said:

I still have a copy of our formal printed lease, but it expired last year, and we agreed verbally on a month-to-month indefinite extension with the landlord. Will this be accepted, or do we need to get a new legal lease drawn up and signed?

You will need a new rental agreement. It can be open ended as well. Also copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by them.

You will need a map to the condo from the nearest main road or intersection.

40 minutes ago, thatmanagain said:

How recent does my Kor Ror 2 need to be?

If I recall correctly Chaeng Wattana will accept one that is about 6 months old. It may be hard to get a updated one now since many Amphoe and Khets are only doing urgent services.

Thanks Joe, much appreciated. The district office is Bang Rak, so I'll have to see whether they're issuing Kor Ror 2s. If not, I believe I can still get a 60-day extension without most of the above. That would give me until late July (by which time the visa itself will have expired).

If district offices aren't open by then, not sure what my options would be, but one step at a time! Thanks again, much appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Don't forget you'll need 2 sets of all documents for a marriage extension application.

Either the original + a copy, or 2 copies, depending on the documents.

Only one TM7 form and one set of documents are needed at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

• Thanks 1

One more thing - if I do get blocked on a fresh Kor Ror 2, is this list accurate for the required documents for a 60-day extension?

• TM7 form (get at immigration)
  • Original passport & photocopies
  • Original TM6 & photocopies
  • Original marriage certificate (KR3) & photocopies
  • Copies of wife's ID card
  • Copies of wife's housebook
  • Copy of lease (we don't live at the address in housebook)
  • Wife herself to attend in person

Or do we still need signed copies of the owner's ID card and housebook for this extension too?

Things I think are only required for 12-month extension, not 60-day:

• Bank book
  • Bank letter
  • Kor Ror 2
  • Photos of myself and my wife
  • Hand drawn map to our home

If I've got any of those wrong, I would love to be corrected. Thanks again.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Only one TM7 form and one set of documents are needed at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

I brought 2 full sets of everything. But after all the stamping & mutilation, she sent me down to make a copy of the copies.  So chances are, she didn't want the set of copies I brought at the beginning; only the copy set she told me to make at the end of the process. 

• Haha 1

Should copies be in colour? or black and white? and should all copies be signed in blue?

(I understand the wife signs her documents and the house owner signs theirs)

One other question:

The bank letters, do they want 2 x originals? or just 2 x copies (I would take the originals to show, but was only planning taking 1 x original that the bank issed then submit 2 x copies.)

1 hour ago, wildpikey said:

Should copies be in colour? or black and white? and should all copies be signed in blue?

(I understand the wife signs her documents and the house owner signs theirs)

Black and white copies. Most offices do not care what color the signatures are as long as it is not red. A few offices want them in blue ink.

And you sign your copies.

1 hour ago, wildpikey said:

The bank letters, do they want 2 x originals? or just 2 x copies (I would take the originals to show, but was only planning taking 1 x original that the bank issed then submit 2 x copies.)

Original and a copy of the bank letter.

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Black and white copies. Most offices do not care what color the signatures are as long as it is not red. A few offices want them in blue ink.

Original and a copy of the bank letter.

Oh, well I have just killed about 3 rain forests then doing everything I need in colour, oh well, black and white it is, I will redo about 4 hours work, LoL...

On 4/16/2020 at 3:01 PM, johng said:

Here is my list  for  Jomtien..yours will be similar but different I'm sure.

Jomtien March 2020

2 x copies of

1. TM7 application form  signed  both sides.

2. passport face page
3. visa page
4. previous visa extension page
5. TM6
6.Marriage Kor Ror 3  both sides on one page
7. Marriage Kor Ror 2  both sides on one page
8. ID Wife ( front back same page)
9. House book ( showing current address)
10.Bank statement confirming 400,000 + in  Thai bank for at least 2 month's + a transaction on that day

and if the book isn't updated for a while during the last 3 months and book doesn't show when top up occurred then also need a statement showing the last 3 months

Bank statement must be from that day
11. photos 4 different on 2 A4 pages     you and wife at home, 1 must clearly show you including the home/house/condo number.
12. Map to house

2 sets of everything   sign every page ( blue ink  best) except your wife's and witness ID/house book which they must sign.

no need to  get ticket  when getting the extension stamp ( after 30 day wait)

Did the above and watched as she pulled out each copy and put it in the bin. Obviously didn't say a word.....just smiled.

Edited by Surelynot

1 hour ago, USNret said:

I brought 2 full sets of everything. But after all the stamping & mutilation, she sent me down to make a copy of the copies.  So chances are, she didn't want the set of copies I brought at the beginning; only the copy set she told me to make at the end of the process. 

Not every time, but on occasion when I have renewed my ext of stay, I get the feeling that he immo officer deliberately sends me to make a copy of something. My wife tells me afterwards that while I am gone the imm officers asks her inquiring questions.

Edited by userabcd

49 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Black and white copies. Most offices do not care what color the signatures are as long as it is not read. A few offices want them in blue ink.

From this year, Roi Et insist all copies other than photo's (marriage ext) must be black and white.

One single A4 per single page copy of each and every page of your Passport.

Do not pre sign copies. They stamp each page and you then sign within the stamp.

They want an additional photo outside the house showing the full frontal view of the premises.

When using funds in the bank, even a Fixed term account they want a 3 month bank statement + letter  and a 3 month bank statement + letter for any Savings account.

Sometimes I think these individual requirements are just to let you know who's in charge.

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Do not pre sign copies. They stamp each page and you then sign within the stamp.

My wife and I sign all the copies before we go to the office. The officer then does their stamp on top of them and signs it.

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

They want an additional photo outside the house showing the full frontal view of the premises.

Been doing that for years.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

My wife and I sign all the copies before we go to the office. The officer then does their stamp on top of them and signs it.

That's what we used to do, but now the supervisor wants a 'clean' area for his stamp, not overlapping part of the copy, so they request you now sign after they place the stamp.  ????

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Been doing that for years.

Always supplied one outside showing the house number, but now an additional one that doesn't cut any part of the sides of the house off. To get our house fully in view you couldn't read the house number.

I just roll with it now!

Just an update to my application:  

In addition to the standard documents, Surat Thani immigration phoned 2 days after I received my 'under consideration' stamp to ask for 2 copies of my daughter's birth certificate, which is a bit of a head-scratcher since I'm applying for the 'Thai wife' extension. It begs further questions doesn't it!? ...... I mean if children are a consideration, would a person be disqualified if the child is not his own, or has not been legally adopted as such? 

And there was a minor admin error which needs to be sorted out too.  It's definitely the case that some offices make up their own requirements, making it very difficult to cover all angles on a first visit; that's really annoying if you live a long way from the immigration office.

Edited by mommysboy

15 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

In addition to the standard documents, Surat Thani immigration phoned 2 days after I received my 'under consideration' stamp to ask for 2 copies of my daughter's birth certificate, which is a bit of a head-scratcher since I'm applying for the 'Thai wife' extension. It begs further questions doesn't it!? ...... I mean if children are a consideration, would a person be disqualified if the child is not his own, or has not been legally adopted as such? 

Did your wife state you had a daughter when she completed the statement you both signed?

If she did that is why they are asking for the birth certificate. Some offices consider having a child additional proof your marriage is real (de jure and de facto as written in the police order).

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did your wife state you had a daughter when she completed the statement you both signed?

If she did that is why they are asking for the birth certificate. Some offices consider having a child additional proof your marriage is real (de jure and de facto as written in the police order).

Quite possibly Joe but it was in Thai.  Well, our daughter was in the office with us at the time, and we also had our picture taken together. Yes, that would make sense.

I can't for the life of me remember whether it was a requirement last year too.

For what it's worth, I have just gone through the initial marriage visa process in Chiang Mai, after having been here on a retirement (O-A) for several years. I have always done my own visas, Thai and many others including Russian, but this one had me baffled and I finally went to an agency to take care of it. The document list is similar to others in this thread, but there were so many catches that I'm glad I did. Black ink, blue ink, sign and make copy or make copy and then sign, copies placed in specific locations on page, pictures had to be of living room, kitchen and bedroom with myself and wife in all of them (they wanted my son too, but he's in California), color vs black-and-white, endless detail, took several trips to agency plus several emails, but when we went in to immigration we had an appointment which they met on the dot and it was over in 15 minutes. 10,000 baht including visa fees, photos, copies, bank letter, etc, and it was money well spent.

1 hour ago, tlesher said:

For what it's worth, I have just gone through the initial marriage visa process in Chiang Mai, after having been here on a retirement (O-A) for several years. I have always done my own visas, Thai and many others including Russian, but this one had me baffled and I finally went to an agency to take care of it. The document list is similar to others in this thread, but there were so many catches that I'm glad I did. Black ink, blue ink, sign and make copy or make copy and then sign, copies placed in specific locations on page, pictures had to be of living room, kitchen and bedroom with myself and wife in all of them (they wanted my son too, but he's in California), color vs black-and-white, endless detail, took several trips to agency plus several emails, but when we went in to immigration we had an appointment which they met on the dot and it was over in 15 minutes. 10,000 baht including visa fees, photos, copies, bank letter, etc, and it was money well spent.

It is not an untypical story.  There's always something else it seems.

But when you think about it, it's about 15 (or so) things that you have to get right on the day.  Having said this, I haven't quite managed it yet.