How soon would you get a covid 19 vaccine shot?

Brunolem

51 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Could all be false hope.

No Zika vaccine

No HIV vaccine

No Herpes vaccine

Probably many more.

There is no guarantee a safe vaccine will ever be created.

most will be immune if they get it

otherwise maybe tb vaccine gives 30% help

maybe 50%

i wouldbt count on a 90% effective vacvine

13 minutes ago, sezze said:

As soon as it is there i'll get it . And i prob get a stamp in passport for having the shot and am free to travel again ... . 

Flu shots i not taken often but i did do it a few times . I got Hep A+B shots , and a bunch of other ones . Would it be a false sense of security , maybe , if it works , even partially then it certainly is not .

Due to my line of work and my history ive had medications for everything imaginable including malaria meds and anthrax vaccine. I ill gladly get a vaccine as soon as it is available, even at a steep price, so I can get back to working. My employment requires constant travel all over the place so being able to do so is paramount. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Why does he need to do that when you willingly carry it around in your phone already ?

this way he's got you even when you don't bring your phone into the bathroom with you  ( ol bill,  just checkin on you .  kinda like your big brother  ????

Edited by rumak

When a vaccine comes out ,I need to see what my options are before I can answer that question. Way too many unknowns now to answer that . 

What are my treatment options? What are my prospects for a relatively easy recovery if infected? etc

If it is required for travel I would be the first on line. I am not spending another year in the US, as nice as it is there. 

• Sad 1

I am not in the recommended flu vaccine group, and will probably also be out of this recommended group.

Personally I would not be tempted very much to take one, but until herd immunity is achieved I may be forced to get one due to travel, school for kids or something similar.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

My Mother's cousin did not trust/believe in the polio vaccine in the 50's. 

She got polio and spent the rest of her life in a wheelchair.

My wife's cousin (Thai) got the Polio Vaccine as a kid & got Polio from it.

She also has spent her life in a wheelchair roughly 37 years old now

One thing in Thailand is the Queen funds a big support for such children affected

She went thru school & college on that grant

44 minutes ago, Henryford said:

What like Bill Gates' polio "vaccine" in India that injured and killed 490,000 children.

OK - link might be nice.  Many Indian children have pre-existing conditions, and of course no vaccine is perfect. 490,000 is less than 2% of the births per year in india. So you are saying the vaccine may have saved 98% of children from polio? 

That is acceptable or not?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

OK - link might be nice.  Many Indian children have pre-existing conditions, and of course no vaccine is perfect. 490,000 is less than 2% of the births per year in india. So you are saying the vaccine may have saved 98% of children from polio? 

That is acceptable or not?

Do you think sacrificing 2% is worth it ??

1 minute ago, Skallywag said:

Would have to know the percent dying before the vaccine was available

Let's say 0.5%, something similar to the Covid 19 rate... Sure it's more in some countries but when all the numbers are eventually in, probably be about 0.5-1%