AirAsia aims to resume domestic flights in Thailand from 1 May

rooster59

AirAsia aims to resume domestic flights in Thailand from 1 May

Air-Asia-X-600x330.jpg

AirAsia has announced its intention to resume domestic flights in Thailand from 1 May 2020.

In an announcement made on Friday, the airline revealed plans to resume domestic flights in some key domestic routes such as Malaysia (29 April), Thailand (1 May), Philippines (1 May), India (4 May) and Indonesia (7 May).

The resumption of any flights will be subject to government approval, the airline said.

Flights are already open for booking for the airline’s website and mobile app.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-18

44 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Seems rather presumptive by Air Asia.

Or is it perhaps an opportunity to collect advance payments, then if they are refused government permission I wonder will they only issue a credit note for the cost?

When I was waiting for a refund it took them weeks despite instantly agreeing a refund was due, stating that there were admin issues.

Oddly enough when I originally paid there weren't any and the cash was debited from my account instantly.

Nothing out of the ordinary - SOP for all airlines, Air Asia is no different

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bluesofa said:

When I was waiting for a refund it took them weeks despite instantly agreeing a refund was due, stating that there were admin issues.

You actually got the refund. I am at day 29 since the application and have not heard anything. How long did it take for your refund.

9 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

You actually got the refund. I am at day 29 since the application and have not heard anything. How long did it take for your refund.

It was about two years ago and IIRC it took six weeks to get my money back.

7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It was about two years ago and IIRC it took six weeks to get my money back.

OK. I had 4 flights booked DMK-KL-SYD-KL-DMK but am still not sure if my application for a refund covers all of the flights or just one as I received separate emails for each cancellation but made only one application

assuming the booking number covered them all.

We will see what happens, and then it is off to the travel insurance who are yet to reply to my request for a claim form.

3 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

OK. I had 4 flights booked DMK-KL-SYD-KL-DMK but am still not sure if my application for a refund covers all of the flights or just one as I received separate emails for each cancellation but made only one application

We will see what happens, and then it is off to the travel insurance who are yet to reply to my request for a claim form.

I had 4 booked as well, made 4 claims, claims have been randomly closed ...... no information, no credits for anything so far. No travel insurance, no credit card used ...... I'm not all that hopeful.

Edited by BritManToo

Just now, BritManToo said:

I had 4 booked as well, made 4 claims, claims have been randomly closed ...... no information, no credits for anything so far.

That does not sound good. I remember early on there was some advice on what the "closed" notification meant but did not follow up on it. Keep us informed.

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Flights are already open for booking for the airline’s website and mobile app.

Am I going to spend my money on a flight that may not happen when they already owe me credit notes for 4 flights they cancelled.

Not on your life?

Air Asia can go F#$% themselves, until I get my credit notes to use for flight bookings.

No more bookings from me until they've sorted themselves out.

Hopefully all other Air Asia customers owed money will vote the same way!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

My refund was directly from the airline, no travel insurance involved.

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Or is it perhaps an opportunity to collect advance payments, then if they are refused government permission I wonder will they only issue a credit note for the cost?

Probably a bit of that, but from the airline's point of view it would be silly to operate flights which no-ones had a chance to book tickets for.  No win situation.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Air Asia can go F#$% themselves, until I get my credit notes to use for flight bookings.

No more bookings from me until they've sorted themselves out.

Hopefully all other Air Asia customers owed money will vote the same way!

I think you need to be more assertive, you are too shy and retiring.

I'm holding off all bookings until August/September. Nobody even knows when the shuttle buses between DMK and Swampy will be restored.

• Haha 1

Anyone who would even consider booking and paying for flights in May is a serious head<deleted>up. 

AirAsia's Fernandez sent out a BS email last week saying that 80% of people had accepted a credit note and that refunds would take 12-16 weeks to process. 

Perhaps 80% of their passengers are that stupid, but I doubt it. People should be doing everything they can to obtain a cash refund as soon as possible. Through their credit card issuer, insurance, or filing complaints with their home country consumer ministries or departments if they used a foreign credit/ debit card. 

**If** AirAsia ever flies again it will be a totally different airline than before with considerably fewer aircraft and flights IMO. Take the cash. Get the the cash. 

• Like 1

Stay far away from them .The CEO is a slimebag currently under investigation for Massive kick backs from air bus and he recently was begging customers to take credit but unlike many others who offered 10% bonus he offered zip

7 minutes ago, madmen said:

he CEO is a slimebag currently under investigation for Massive kick backs from air bus and he recently was begging customers to take credit

why should i care about this or that CEO? i only

care about if they take me from point A to point B as they

are contracted to do, and they never failed me.

14 hours ago, Maybole said:

Do they know something that we do not ? Have they been tipped off that some? restrictions or the state of emergency will be lifted on 1st May ?

A few internal flights have continued to run during the restrictions, just few passengers presumably.  They'll be needed in increasing volumes if international restrictions are lifted, so it looks like they're betting on this being the case.