Thai kindness: People show their hearts in giving to the needy

rooster59

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

would you care to expand on that?

Sure!

Anybody who thinks, things will go back to what they were before Corona, is adreamer!

Our lives will change in many persectives (maybe not so much in Thailand, biut they have everthing "100% under control" anyways.

But in the real world, outside of Coocooland, things will most likely never be as before OCID!

• Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Almer said:

I for one have never gone hungry i come from a farm workers family and we always had food, so in my 71 years i have never gone to bed hungry as probably most if not all of the tvs mob talking about social distancing, i comply with rules and regs but i don't know if i could if i hadn't eaten for 4 days and there was none in sight for the next week.

I don't think there are many of us from the western world, alive today, that have ever experienced real hardship.

Although my Thai gf (under 40 year old) and my Thai step-daughter (22 years old) can both recount tales of hunger, beatings and cruelty.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Hopefully Thai's won't ever forget this inept useless government next voting time ????

when you manipulate the elections, doesn't matter who the people vote for - the election result is assured.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Barmbeker said:

Sure!

Anybody who thinks, things will go back to what they were before Corona, is adreamer!

Our lives will change in many persectives (maybe not so much in Thailand, biut they have everthing "100% under control" anyways.

But in the real world, outside of Coocooland, things will most likely never be as before OCID!

well I wouldn't bet the family jewels on your prognosis ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, connda said:

However it's not a problem when Immigration packs foreigners into their offices with a shoe-horn. <don't look; ignore that, move along...>

Here we are again on TV.  Two camps.  The commune comes before the individual seems to be the camp that the majority of Covid-fearing people are in.  "The commune come first!  Let the hungry individuals crawl into a corner and die, as long as they don't get close to us!"  That's the problem with those who believe the commune, the collective, supersedes the individual. 
But you people overlook history and human nature.  When people can no longer feed themselves they eventually band into groups who then have virtually nothing to lose - and then the social unrest begins.  Then the social control experiment with a virus morphs into civil strife and violence. Hungry, desperate people do desperate things. When the majority of greater society turns its back on the individuals who make up the most vulnerable classes, the society risks being turned upside down.
Imagine how the hungry and desperate would react if they come face-to-face with those who say that they - the hungry, poverty-stricken, unemployed - should crawl into a corner and die for the good of the commune? 
Those who now depend on the charity of others will remember those who offered them kindness and compassion, as well and those who tried to shut down their access to basics such as food and water for "the greater good."

Feel free to get back to me if you want to have an adult conversation where you don't put words and opinions I've never voiced in my mouth. Going off on melodramatic rants where you respond to imaginary arguments is just a huge waste of time. If you're actually interested in what people think about specific issues, ask them.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Artisi said:

when you manipulate the elections, doesn't matter who the people vote for - the election result is assured.  

But the PM is potless we know that because he is asking for the top 20 to stump up for his fail - so 300bt per vote maybe tricky next time????

12 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

But the PM is potless we know that because he is asking for the top 20 to stump up for his fail - so 300bt per vote maybe tricky next time????

There are ways and means, this is Thailand! 

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't think there are many of us from the western world, alive today, that have ever experienced real hardship.

Although my Thai gf (under 40 year old) and my Thai step-daughter (22 years old) can both recount tales of hunger, beatings and cruelty.

My thai wife 50 can recall many days without food in her school years, which is why if you can find a middle aged thai woman to look after she will reward you daily with love  and kindness, but no, many go for the 20 year old bar girl who has a good financial living and wonder why it all went wrong after 36 months when the  isuzu is paid off.

7 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I'm quite disappointed, taxi drivers getting 1,000 Baht donations instead of returning 100k they found on the back seat of their taxi, there has been a slip up in the PR.

Lordie, you're a nasty little man.

The times of real hunger are long time gone. Those are 100 year old cliches about people havIng nothing to eat. Overproduction of everything is a bigger problem these days.

Edited by Zikomat

10 hours ago, Almer said:

My thai wife 50 can recall many days without food in her school years, which is why if you can find a middle aged thai woman to look after she will reward you daily with love  and kindness, but no, many go for the 20 year old bar girl who has a good financial living and wonder why it all went wrong after 36 months when the  isuzu is paid off.

I would still prefer 36 months with the 20 year old to 360 months with the 50 year old.

16 hours ago, connda said:

Self-sufficiency is still in the generational memory of Thai villages.  Shops and markets are still open.  Some wear masks, some don't.  Entire villages are not dying of the plague.  On the contrary, people are still working, money is still flowing through the community, the poorest members are being helped by individuals within the community with the means to help.  Sharing keeps the village alive and vibrant.  The familial interconnection within the villages keeps a check on the power of a single individual or individuals from issuing repressive "dictates" as has happened in the cities.  
Villages are doing fine.  Hopefully the city-slickers will stay the hell away.

I wonder what all those pattaya-returnees (girls) are doing currently in their villages? Working hard for the prosperity of theIr local communities?

I think it was exactly the ‘self-sufficiency’ which for decades provided a steady supply of the fresh girls to the places like Pattaya and Phuket.

Edited by Zikomat

18 hours ago, Myran said:

The problem with that logic is that those people might not only catch the virus themselves, but then spread it to potentially thousands of others. Just look at what happened in South Korea, where a single woman who refused to get tested spread the virus to about 40 people, who might have spread it to additional people, and so forth.

In a crisis such as this, decisions have to be made that caters to the greater good, not individuals.

This is going to be around for a very long time.  COVID19 is here to stay.  A vaccine is not confirmed so government policy should not rely on possibilites and hope to shut down to population.  The Thais like elsewhere need to adapt to the new norm of social distancing, masks and hand washing.  Then food queues are okay.  Then we reopen everywhere with the new norm in place. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zikomat said:

I would still prefer 36 months with the 20 year old to 360 months with the 50 year old.

I am quite happy with my 54 year old wife and she was 28 when we first met. Our 20th wedding anniversary comes up on the 28th of this month.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I am quite happy with my 54 year old wife and she was 28 when we first met. Our 20th wedding anniversary comes up on the 28th of this month.

20 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Similar to myself and very happy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Italy and Spain, Eastern Germany, etc had their strongmen (fascists, commies and other assorted dictators) less than 50y ago. Plenty there got oppressed.

Thai kindness? Just red this morning on another forum.

Dutch guy and his Thai wife already busy for a year giving rice to poor people in Pattaya and so.

They thrive on donations and own money. They tried to get some discount with Big C and Makro, nada (spanish for nothing) baht.

No matter they showed prove of their actions on FB with pics and all, no discount.

Thai kindness?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Thai kindness? Just red this morning on another forum.

Dutch guy and his Thai wife already busy for a year giving rice to poor people in Pattaya and so.

They thrive on donations and own money. They tried to get some discount with Big C and Makro, nada (spanish for nothing) baht.

No matter they showed prove of their actions on FB with pics and all, no discount.

Thai kindness?

Dirty Farang money doesn't count

• Like 1

I didn't see these people pre-Covid times. "Thai kindness" I know lots of needy people but no one budges to help them. The local temple looks like a palace but the local school looks like a derelict farmland.

Publicity is a big thing for sure! Keep them going but make sure they stop after Covid.

People don't need anything off-covid times. Shame really.

On 4/18/2020 at 5:44 PM, Rookiescot said:

Its not just Thais. I did the same several days ago by buying a load of rice, noodles and canned fish then giving them to the local headman.

He announced on the tanoy system that food was available for those who had none.

I would encourage everyone who is able to should do the same. Lot of Thais hurting out there.

Small gestures like this go a long way.

This has to be the best way in a village environment, puyai baan knows who is needy and can direct donations in the right direction.

• Like 2