Bangkok: Ban on booze sales and entertainment venues extended until April 30

webfact

Ban on booze sales and entertainment venues extended until April 30

By The Nation

800_c55e69c2bc38c3d.jpg?v=1587370303

The ban on alcohol sales in Bangkok has been extended for another 10 days after the daily count of Covid-19 cases levelled out at around the 30 mark last week.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang announced on Monday (April 20) that the infectious disease control committee has approved an extension of the booze ban up until April 30. Entertainment venues were also ordered to stay shut until the end of the month to prevent the risk of Covid-19 spreading.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386414

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-20

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

No surprise, just continuity. It's like all the cars coming to the starting grid of a GP. No variation in the message "until 30th", but what happens now ? 
With the number of ( reported ) cases falling daily, mass unemployment due to the collapse of the "entertainment" industry, the government is going to come under huge pressure to announce some relief during the next week. If you live in one of the 25 unaffected districts you will certainly scream foul. Stand by for announcement regarding 1st. May.

• Like 1

Presumably dealers in non-legal substances would be getting a bit of a boost in demand now by folks needing a fix to ease thoughts of their current woes who can no longer down their sorrows in alcohol.

53 minutes ago, johng said:

Just like in the old  black and white  "prohibition" movies  I had some delivered at almost double price in plain bags under cover of darkness ! ????

I say,where they wearing old 1930's style clothes,and a guy in a suit,with a trilby hat and tommy gun,my god your life is exciting

24 minutes ago, J Town said:

I personally know a BiB who feels exactly the same way. Young Thais boozing and/or doing yaba create a lot of problems for the authorities. Smoking marijuana, they order pizza and play video games.

Think the same in any country....

1 hour ago, J Town said:

It just forced me to go underground. No, I can't share my sources.

Fantastic. Party at J Town's house!

Anyone who actually thinks this will HELP with social distancing is an idiot.  People are even more incentivized to meet up now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Now it´s just a matter of time before it gets nation wide. This is at least going to have one great effect. A lot of people going to be sober. Not even AA could have been asking for a better treatment method.

I think it already is just about nationwide isn't? Bangkok seems to be 'following suit' on this issue.

I think you'll find that AA would not approve of this. They do not advocate 'cold turkey' at all. It can be quite dangerous. Did you see this recent article?

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

I think it already is just about nationwide isn't? Bangkok seems to be 'following suit' on this issue.

I think you'll find that AA would not approve of this. They do not advocate 'cold turkey' at all. It can be quite dangerous. Did you see this recent article?

Eeeh! If something is nationwide already???? How in the world can there be a city left to follow suit??? Isn´t Bangkok a part of the nation? ????

AA was just a joke. Can´t care less what they approve or not. ????     In the power of being a beer lover, I will put my stamp of approval on this circus.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, baansgr said:

It can still be bought...or delivered, so it's pretty pointless really

Tell me about it. I just have so fun everyday about all who feel the need to complain and nag so much about this. I have countless boxes of different alcohol and a pallet of beer.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

It can still be bought...or delivered, so it's pretty pointless really

I did a cursory Google search (not that I really care, just morbid curiosity). No one in Thailand is selling/delivering.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Tell me about it. I just have so fun everyday about all who feel the need to complain and nag so much about this. I have countless boxes of different alcohol and a pallet of beer.

I was wrong earlier. Party at Matzzon's House. ????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, J Town said:

I did a cursory Google search (not that I really care, just morbid curiosity). No one in Thailand is selling/delivering.

You just go trust your friend Mr. Google, and I will fill up my cup boards. Cheers!

It seems Thailand has been trying to become a dry country for years. Years ago I had a friend come visit me in Bangkok. He had been working in Saudi for six months and was really looking forward to having a beer. But since there was an election on the weekend, we could not drink. Never mind that we are not Thai citizens and can not vote. My friend was not impressed. Thailand is its own worst enemy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1