British man would rather be stuck in Thailand during coronavirus pandemic

webfact

13 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

That is not government policy. Some hospitals are advising care homes to not send very old people with Covid 19 to the hospital.  I read that in many care homes the residents can sign a form to say they don't want to go to hospital with Covid 19. Here is a quote from a 97 year old lady, Elizabth Diacon:

Asked whether she felt she had been pressured into signing the form Ms Diacon told the BBC: "You didn't have to - you were asked if you would sign it, to agree.

'And I thought I would rather be ill here than go to hospital. Our local hospital is much overworked and it has the virus there.

'I'm not afraid of dying but i'm rather afraid of how I might die. I'd rather do it here than go to hospital."

Still it is sad. It's like they would give up trying to survive the virus, rather than go to hospital. 

Very sad. 

Testing.

Not testing.

Which test.?

Have the tests been tested

for reliability.

Or anything?

False positives from a cold.

False negatives.

Yep.?

Nope.?

Flip a coin.

No one knows.

Testing for a virus cannot be done.

Test for DNA, possible.

Test for antibodies, possible.

Same same?

NO no.

Lies & BS.

Only for sure things are

tanking of world economy &

elimination of freedom.

The masters are super clever.

27 minutes ago, papa al said:

Testing.

Not testing.

Which test.?

Have the tests been tested

for reliability.

Or anything?

False positives from a cold.

False negatives.

Yep.?

Nope.?

Flip a coin.

No one knows.

Testing for a virus cannot be done.

Test for DNA, possible.

Test for antibodies, possible.

Same same?

NO no.

Lies & BS.

Only for sure things are

tanking of world economy &

elimination of freedom.

The masters are super clever.

e e cummings couldn't have written it better.

20 hours ago, CHdiver said:

Many Airlines offer you to change your flight to a later date, want to give you a voucher for future use, or delay giving you back your money as long as they can. 

EVA said it will take up to 2 months to issue the refund, less service charges. Add to that credit card exchange rate skimming and possibly interest, you're lucky to get 75% back and there's always a chance it'll be zero, as is the case with Virgin. 

Perhaps some of the posters are not seeing the possible life context of who the OP is.

How terrible of him to reinvent himself!!! Terrible man !!!!! Lol ???? 

Maybe he has a finely family lineage of award winning writers and has a talent beyond fishing! (Like my family)

He might have a beautiful home with nice garden to enjoy and potter in, a private pool, cable tv, cute wife (or boyfriend) who loves to boom boom, money in the bank, plenty of local food n coffee stalls to wander to, enough money to online order groceries from Tops or Tescos. A warm climate, almost no regulation if you keep out if the way and mind your ppps n qqqs.

if I was a Pom and had a choice of countries to be in; Old Blighty or here there would be no choice for me either.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:13 AM, bodga said:

No it could not, many are at  home furloughed on almost  full  pay, I personally  know two  people who are at  home until July with no work to do, the NHS  is  free, so  will this person get free healthcare should he become ill in Thailand?

That doesn't answer or negate any of the points I refuted.  The UK's numbers are misleading and their plans are all over the place.  For the third, it may be correct that Thailand isn't offering much financial support, but it is more than able to do so if it chose to.

21 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

wonder if his insurance cover covid if he has any insurance .prolly not as its not possible to get cover for covid on a  travel insurance ..many brits have ended up in hospital fighting for their lives and no cover in los so out with the online begging bowl

Of course it's possible he has travel insurance covering Covid.  Many travel insurers excluded it only from the time it was declared pandemic.