The South Korean stock market is soaring, they never closed down their economy (yet are also down to 10 cases per day), but the Won is still down 10%.

The Thai stimulus package is funded through debt and the government has been spending like there is no tomorrow.

It seems whatever happens, Thailand and the Baht will come up smelling like roses!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, the Eurozone economy is a mess. Soon Northern Eurozone countries will need to bail out Southern Eurozone countries like Italy. It's gonna happen, no matter what a politician in a Northern Eurozone country is gonna say, since France and Germany already agreed on the matter.

This means that northern Eurozone countries will lose a lot of wealth to pay off depts that southern Eurozone countries can't manage. I am sure that is partially a reason for a weaker Euro. If I were an investor in currencies, I would get out of the Euro and into e.g. US dollar.

Dutch readers can check this video: 

Deutsche Bank might also need a bailout in the near future (which might be the reason why Merkel is now in favour of Eurobonds, as in the past she opposed it), international readers can check this video:

Edited by wolf81

The Eurozone can't agree on a bailout. The UK chancellor is giving away millions to anyone who complains.

Markets haven't yet priced in that it's going to be incredibly hard to restart global travel, so the Baht is riding high for now.

Also it will take a few more weeks at least for countries without bailouts to start disintegrating...

US printing several trillion dollars has definitely weakened the dollar against the baht.  Don't forget, most of that money doesn't go to people, it goes to banks-who invest in foreign assets with all their free money.

• Confused 1