Police ordered to monitor food handouts after brawl

snoop1130

Police ordered to monitor food handouts after brawl

By The Nation

800_423652c3b29be78.jpg

Police are tightening security and social distancing measures at food-handout stations in Bangkok after violence broke out as people queued for giveaways. Police had to intervene on April 12 when an ugly brawl broke out as people queued for free food being given out near Sanam Luang.

Metropolitan police chief Pol Lt Gen Phukphong Phongpetra, chief of the Metropolitan Police Bureau that people need to sympathise with both parties, the needy recipients and the officials who had to obey measures to prevent Covid-19 from spreading. The police chief has ordered officers in every area to help coordinate the giveaway operations in Bangkok, instructing them to ensure social distancing is maintained at all times.

He also asked the public to continue cooperating with authorities so that the epidemic doesn’t flare up again.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386634

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-23

• Thanks 1

long lines here in Hua Hin today to hand out free food. 

they did not do social distancing very well unfortunately.

i felt really bad as I was buying dinner and had a giant grilled fish and pork satay sticks as I walked past this long line that reached all the way back to where i parked my scooter and i opened my Givi box and it was full of groceries. Everyone look beat to hell.    

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

i would hope the queue line is short because it is moving very fast. i saw one that moved painfully slow because there was only 1 small table at the end and a person looking at a long list. hummm. i would hope lines move at a walking pace. if they are long add more give away positions. 

12 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

long lines here in Hua Hin today to hand out free food. 

they did not do social distancing very well unfortunately.

i felt really bad as I was buying dinner and had a giant grilled fish and pork satay sticks as I walked past this long line that reached all the way back to where i parked my scooter and i opened my Givi box and it was full of groceries. Everyone look beat to hell.    

Should have given the satay to the last person in the queue... or the best looking girl ^^

2 hours ago, ebean001 said:

i would hope the queue line is short because it is moving very fast. i saw one that moved painfully slow because there was only 1 small table at the end and a person looking at a long list. hummm. i would hope lines move at a walking pace. if they are long add more give away positions. 

it was completely static for at least 30 minutes while i waited for my food.  

We all see it Thais have no manners. They push in front of you and its me me <deleted>  the rest of you. I would say there was a good chance this happened here. That is one thing I have learnt in Thailand Every man for himself. Its the way they drive also